• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=29179]Rouskyrie[/MENTION]

I recently updated to ENTx. Contemplating going full ENTP. Looking for feedback in advance of decision. My functional stack last time I checked was something like:

Te>Ti>Ni=Ne>Se>Fe>Fi>Si

ENTP would not fit you, but ENTJ very much does. I see Te and Ni most prominently with you, as well as what seems to be a problematic relationship between you and your inferior Fi.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I really have never seen much Ni associated with you, so I could see you being a SFJ......

That's interesting. The other day I took a typing test and I got ENTJ. Which is weird, because when I get setback by things, it really hurts and I abosrb it and it takes me awhile to move on. But then I do get over it when I'm kind of... it's a mix of being forced to and my own decision. I've also gotten ESFJ on SimilarMinds typing test.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel I should be honest and say that I'm not exactly an expert on Mbti typing, but I'll be happy to give my opinion once I go through your posts.

You're fairly objective about these things and it was interesting getting your take on tritype. Thank you for helping me out. :)

I would hate you if you were an Ne user. But I don't. How?

I typed ENTP pretty consistently until I went to college. I feel pretty solid in the typing until I'm around others who are ENTJ. I think my Te-usage is squishier than some others. I think female Te-doms may have to socialize their dominant function a bit more than our male counterparts do, however.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] or [MENTION=26167]Ursa[/MENTION]--do y'all have any opinion on what I'm describing above?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I typed ENTP pretty consistently until I went to college. I feel pretty solid in the typing until I'm around others who are ENTJ. I think my Te-usage is squishier than some others. I think female Te-doms may have to socialize their dominant function a bit more than our male counterparts do, however.

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] or [MENTION=26167]Ursa[/MENTION]--do y'all have any opinion on what I'm describing above?
The bolded is 100% true in my experience. People tend to incorrectly assume that I'm an introvert and/or a feeler when they first get to know me. Never tested as ESTP because I'm too strongly J, but I've gotten ISTJ on tests before.

I only realized recently that every time I meet someone new, I scan them to see if I can let the Te beast completely loose around them -- either because they can handle it, or because they need/deserve to be on the receiving end of it. (The people who pass the latter of those tests right away are usually workplace mansplainers.) I doubt that male ExTJs are quite as socialized to make those calculations.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're fairly objective about these things and it was interesting getting your take on tritype. Thank you for helping me out. :)

I honestly don't see you using much Fe even in tertiary mode. There is a definite playfulness about you but how you structure your writing/arguments always struck me as Je. Ne always seems more "flowy, stream of consciousness".

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prove this glaring error in my profile incorrect.

Si tests are triggering. :cry:

The bolded is 100% true in my experience. People tend to incorrectly assume that I'm an introvert and/or a feeler when they first get to know me. Never tested as ESTP because I'm too strongly J, but I've gotten ISTJ on tests before.

It's funny that you get ISTJ. My second and third most frequent MBTI test results are ISTP and ENFP.

I only realized recently that every time I meet someone new, I scan them to see if I can let the Te beast completely loose around them -- either because they can handle it, or because they need/deserve to be on the receiving end of it. (The people who pass the latter of those tests right away are usually workplace mansplainers.) I doubt that male ExTJs are quite as socialized to make those calculations.

I relate to the filtering. When I younger it often felt that my "socialized" mask vs true self were so distinct that I'd joke about feeling like there was an INTJ and ESFP cohabitating in my head sometimes. I don't feel quite as fragmented in that way any longer.

That said, I nonetheless tend to feel most comfortable with other TJs with FPs being a close second. It's easier for me to shoot the shit and have a real conversation wtih some other ETJ who happens to be a grizzled, 60 year old corporate veteran than someone who is a true peer age/background-wise.

I honestly don't see you using much Fe even in tertiary mode. There is a definite playfulness about you but how you structure your writing/arguments always struck me as Je. Ne always seems more "flowy, stream of consciousness".

I'm not a huge socionics fan, but I find that the socionics description of LIE is more accurate in some respects than MBTIs portrayal of ENTJ.

LIEs are impelled to accumulate and contribute useful, productive, and relevant information. They may accumulate such factual knowledge in matters they find useful, either because it's their professional field, or something they find interesting and of potential use in the future. They typically carry the belief that in order to function at optimal level and maintain an element of control over their experience, they need to know and make sense of how their external environment works.

The bolded resonates quite a bit, but I also see a lot of overlap with that and a lot of MBTI descriptions of ENTPs that emphasize their ranging intellectual interests and strong curiosity. I'm unsure of what constitutes Ne fact finding vs these kinds of descriptions of "accumulation of useful information in :Te:.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I relate to the filtering. When I younger it often felt that my "socialized" mask vs true self were so distinct that I'd joke about feeling like there was an INTJ and ESFP cohabitating in my head sometimes. I don't feel quite as fragmented in that way any longer.
My version of that had a LOT of faked Fe. Like, a lot. Not that other people would see it that way. But I was measuring my behavior based on Fe standards.

Side note, that was the fucking worst, and I have vowed to not put myself through that ever again, Fe-parents and Fe-extended-family be damned.

That said, I nonetheless tend to feel most comfortable with other TJs with FPs being a close second. It's easier for me to shoot the shit and have a real conversation wtih some other ETJ who happens to be a grizzled, 60 year old corporate veteran than someone who is a true peer age/background-wise.
Ha! Yes, I relate to this so much. At my old job, nearly everyone at my level was also a young woman, about my age, but my best friend at work was a fifty-something ENTJ 8w9 guy who I could snark with all day. He and I still keep in touch, and I have no idea what all those women are up to.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] I believe ENTJ is still your type.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] I believe ENTJ is still your type.

No, Forever. You don't just go around agreeing with peoples' typings. You had one job here, sir. ONE JOB. :mad:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, Forever. You don't just go around agreeing with peoples' typings. You had one job here, sir. ONE JOB. :mad:

Haha! That's really tough cause I agree with your enneagram stacking also... but

PERHAPS..

Nah, I got nothing. :laugh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For what it's worth...

I recently updated to ENTx. Contemplating going full ENTP. Looking for feedback in advance of decision. My functional stack last time I checked was something like:

Te>Ti>Ni=Ne>Se>Fe>Fi>Si

... if you're an ENTP, I have to re-think a lot of things. I relate too much to the way you operate to think you're anything but a fellow Te-dom.

I also think that ENTJ Te is inherently more "squishy" than ESTJ Te, so in the event that some of this is coming from comparing yourself to ESTJs, then... that's my $0.02.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[MENTION=29179]Rouskyrie[/MENTION] I recently updated to ENTx. Contemplating going full ENTP. Looking for feedback in advance of decision. My functional stack last time I checked was something like: Te>Ti>Ni=Ne>Se>Fe>Fi>Si
No entj my ugh to you at times is different than my ugh to entps. Its the type of ugh for entjs and not entp

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

Te>Ti>Ni=Ne>Se>Fe>Fi>Si

No no no no no no no!

Te all the way yo! Te+Ni. There is no Si in you.

I am not saying Ni is better than Si. Si wins real life, day in day out.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
This might sound bizarre, but my impression is the exact opposite of your declared type as ISTJ. You seem ENFP to me.

Thank you for letting me know! Don't worry, it's not bizarre at all - just interesting to see what are the possibilities that others see. :)

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hrrm... my guess would've been NFJ. Maaaaybe SFP.

Actually, this reminds me of of [MENTION=22782]Mademoiselle[/MENTION]. Both of you have something visual and image-oriented about your presentations (as far as forum posts go) that I don't associate with TJ types. I'm probably the only one who sees it that way, though. It's likely my associations are the problem.

Enneagram I won't touch except to say 8s seem more forward and less inscrutable.

I haven't read your blog or perused your posts, which I should do before commenting on someone's type. On thinking about it, that sounds stalkery. So I won't do it.

The only explaination is that, .. I'm BADASS.
I sometimes doubt my Ex/Intorversion,
but I can't possibly be anything far from an -NT-
That's for sure.
And why I rock what other types are supposed to be all about?
I might be .. just.. BADASS.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7

I am very flattered that my opinion is considered worth asking, [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION].

I think your tritype largely has to do with what you have described. The enneagram type 5 is extremely detached, analytical, withdrawn and miserly with resources. 5s are subdued, and they prefer to look before leaping, sometimes not leaping at all. In your case, I think this manifests in a certain degree of reservation. The enneagram type 3 is people-pleasing and calculating. Perhaps this is influencing you being more socialized than other ENTJs. As a female, your 3-fix is probably especially attuned to some of the socio-professional expectations placed on females.

I have my own biases as an ESTJ 874. I am expansive, and because of my 4-fix, I have cared very little for adjusting to my gender role. I have always relished bucking the trend. I grew up refusing to learn how to dress and behave like a lady, and refusing to endorse popular or common-sense ideologies. As far as masculinity goes, I always keep up with the EXTJ boys. They often invite me to their workout sessions, too. Many of my high school peers back in the day voted me an Honorary Man, and they did not mean this maliciously. I cherish this memory.

For better or for worse, not much has changed. With a 7-fix, I have always been people-oriented to the extreme as a way to escape having to deal with my own emotional tumult.

I will need to review much more of your posts to be sure, but my gut feeling is that you are still an ENTJ. You do not have that Ne-inspired reason to change or introduce new topics, and I don't see you using Fe.

At any rate, ENTJ 853 is a wonderful typing. I wouldn't have you any other way.