User Tag List

First 245295335343344345346347355395445 Last

Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 7139

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The question that remains is: how can one at all type other people ? Given the mbti test is a test of preference that would mean if you would type someone else, you'ld dictate what that persons preferences are. But that can only be known by the person in question.

I'ld be careful with typing other people. The scientific rational background of such an action is more than questionable.
    Preferences don't just lie inside your head, they do come out and play sometimes you know

You can also tell someone what you prefer, just like you would when you order a coffee. Some people just aren't familiar enough with the menu to really know what they prefer, maybe they're yet to develop a solid preference (mainly applies to younger people of course), and that's where they need to be left be to explore it.

I think this thread needs to be taken less seriously. In fact, Entropie, you're an INTJ and you always have been, an INTJ with Fi, Se and Ne... yeah... uhh... NERD!!!

*RUNS AWAY*

5 3 9

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
    Preferences don't just lie inside your head, they do come out and play sometimes you know

You can also tell someone what you prefer, just like you would when you order a coffee. Some people just aren't familiar enough with the menu to really know what they prefer, maybe they're yet to develop a solid preference (mainly applies to younger people of course), and that's where they need to be left be to explore it.

I think this thread needs to be taken less seriously. In fact, Entropie, you're an INTJ and you always have been, an INTJ with Fi, Se and Ne... yeah... uhh... NERD!!!

*RUNS AWAY*

Hehe maybe you are right. The truly really sad thing is that I am a failure according to my own theory, cause I never score anything different than entj or intj on mbti tests, still have bravely ignored that for almost 4 years :/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

No, you are of course right. I am concerned in such a situation (intp example) a bit more with the general picture. if a guy who is totally a feeler does present himself as an intp, I dont know if it helps him if you type him "right", cause it seems as if he would have other problems. In that moment you cant really tell what his true self is; according to his present actions he seems like a feeler, but it could very well be his situation ( problems in self-reflection ) that make him an unbalanced intp who acts out from his 4th function.
    Perhaps yes. We could be playing with quite a number of possibilities and trying to harmonise information perceived to try and make it work. But as inconsistencies ensue the credibility of the perceptions of the other start to become skewed.

Imo the idealized nature of mbti is that everyone can type him-/ or herself in the end. And that nobody should force a type onto another, cause that is in direct violation with the intention of mbti ( a test of preference ). If you have an intp like you described him, of course you need to show him that his behaviour contradicts with his supposed personality type, but a person like that would have other deeper conflicts that need to be resolved. And just by posting in the mistyped thread: this and that person doesnt behave like its proposed in pattern A, I dont know if thats a real help or doesnt on the contrary make things worse.

I mean that just as a thought to keep in mind.
    I would expect mbti to be used in the manner of understanding other individuals so that one is able to properly communicate with other people of different mbti types based on what patterns you identify those people with. Otherwise, it is learning about yourself and how you are different to others in more introspective terms which may only influence certain areas of directing your possibilites towards the advantage. Quite therapeutic. But yes, you're right. We may not have the right to pinpoint types on other people if they do not identify with it significantly.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I would expect mbti to be used in the manner of understanding other individuals so that one is able to properly communicate with other people of different mbti types based on what patterns you identify those people with. Otherwise, it is learning about yourself and how you are different to others in more introspective terms which may only influence certain areas of directing your possibilites towards the advantage. Quite therapeutic. But yes, you're right. We may not have the right to pinpoint types on other people if they do not identify with it significantly.
    Yea I can agree with you on that.

the thoughts I had here right now, basically go back to the thoughts of my gf. No matter how hard I tried, she has found zero and lesser than zero fascination or motivation towards mbti and she doesnt like it, even finds it psychologically dangerous, cause it could make you live in a dream reality. Even when I told her, aint we all to some extent living dream realities, doesnt matter from where we draw our basis ? And even that she denied, cause she said that reality is formed and created by the people living it and that your personality should be formed thru this people, who enable you to reflect yourself and you shouldnt live after some kind of rolemodel.

She is a headstrong infp and has marvellous people skills, she literally looks some person in the face and next second tells you about what he needs and what he wants. Its like she can read minds at times. I am the complete opposite, I cant interpret Jack into what people are thinking and on a regulary basis miss to empathise with other peoples feelings which were made obvious. To me mbti was and is a huge relief and it gave me the ability to develop some trust into my limited people abilities at all. So I guess it always depends on the viewpoint. I just know, if it hadnt been for mbti, I'ld still be a person nowadays, full of self-doubt, societal-insecurities and reservedness so I wouldnt make any mistakes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yea I can agree with you on that.

the thoughts I had here right now, basically go back to the thoughts of my gf. No matter how hard I tried, she has found zero and lesser than zero fascination or motivation towards mbti and she doesnt like it, even finds it psychologically dangerous, cause it could make you live in a dream reality. Even when I told her, aint we all to some extent living dream realities, doesnt matter from where we draw our basis ? And even that she denied, cause she said that reality is formed and created by the people living it and that your personality should be formed thru this people, who enable you to reflect yourself and you shouldnt live after some kind of rolemodel.

She is a headstrong infp and has marvellous people skills, she literally looks some person in the face and next second tells you about what he needs and what he wants. Its like she can read minds at times. I am the complete opposite, I cant interpret Jack into what people are thinking and on a regulary basis miss to empathise with other peoples feelings which were made obvious. To me mbti was and is a huge relief and it gave me the ability to develop some trust into my limited people abilities at all. So I guess it always depends on the viewpoint. I just know, if it hadnt been for mbti, I'ld still be a person nowadays, full of self-doubt, societal-insecurities and reservedness so I wouldnt make any mistakes.
    I see. Indeed it works as a categorisation system of your mind and how you would perceive in difference to others. I believe the problem mainly occurs with the thought believing others think in a similar manner. Of course, with the understanding of other individuals naturally it becomes unneeded and simply a written document to the side of what one already perceives naturally.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    WTH was Saturned bitching about anyway? She's typing everyone else left and right "with certain accuracy" while barely knowing some of them (like me), insisting that because someone's possible use of a function doesn't click with her use of it, the person doesn't have it. She's got a right to her opinion, but hey, it's fair game for people to dish it back to her in return. Big fucking deal.

EDIT: anyway, sounds like you're all laying this to rest, so w/e, it's not my concern hereafter.
    What a reaction!
    An ENTP would know that an ENTP would not react the way you just did and do.
    And thus we conclude that mrcockburn is not and never was an ENTP.

Also,

ESFJs don't overkill.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I've a few typologycentral individuals in mind I believe may possibly be mistyped however it is also possible my perceptions may fall to inaccuracy at times.
    Oaky do you not ever doubt my type?
    I shower you do I not with Fe?
    Analyse me Oaky, bring out that Ni dragon and burn me alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Oaky do you not ever doubt my type?
    I shower you do I not with Fe?
    Analyse me Oaky, bring out that Ni dragon and burn me alive.
    You didn't ask, but I don't doubt your type one bit.

Also, why the hell were you ISFJ once?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

Also, why the hell were you ISFJ once?
    Ti, Ne, Si, Fe
    All scrambled up!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Me either. The ENTP read seems to be the clearest type read in this thread.
    (Look at him always stirring things up, for kicks...)

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I believe Saturned's comment meant "end of discussion", good sir. Her post was not about the little details, like whether she claimed you were an expert or not. It was about general trends. You just got Te/Si-bitchslapped and didn't even know it!
    I'm still kind of confused over when an INP finally digs in and says, "I'm done, see ya," and the EP still sees it as an invitation to keep talking.

Types are so funny sometimes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft