Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    This is my last post to you on this subject. But it occurs to me that maybe you need to actually read up on what you think you are an expert in:
    Source: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeFour.asp

I'll draw a picture for you: Not all Fours act the same. (You can also substitute ones, twos, threes, fives, etc in for the word fours.) Not all Fours are unhealthy. (Once again you can substitute any other number for the word "fours.")

And, yes, you are being both pushy and ignorant in these matters. I fail to see how someone with whom I have had almost zero interactions with, is more qualified to tell me who I am. Especially taking into account the fact that you a: don't know who you are* and b: don't like women to begin with.

*Evidence is based on the 2 dozen "what type am I?" threads created by you and about you that are floating around on just this forum. I shudder to think what has been created on other boards.
    TL;DR: You know nothing.
    when did I claim I was an expert? far from it. apologies if I was a little pushy, but please don't put words in my mouth
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    when did I claim I was an expert? far from it. apologies if I was a little pushy, but please don't put words in my mouth
    I believe @Saturned's comment meant "end of discussion", good sir. Her post was not about the little details, like whether she claimed you were an expert or not. It was about general trends.

You just got Te/Si-bitchslapped and didn't even know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    This is why I don't prefer these threads in general. It's kind of strange to me, people trying to type one another based on the teeny tiny bit of knowledge we get from people's posts here. Saturned has known Saturned for x amount of years. (I know her age but not sure if she wants it announced.) Elfboy doesn't know Saturned at all, they don't even get along in this setting.

This is one specific case, but it happens to everyone all over the board. I like typing people who ask for help because it's fun. Other than that, murky waters.
    ^ Great post. My feelings exactly.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

I smell lulz
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

So after giving some thought to my personal history, I would say that I fit the profile for INFJ slightly more than INTJ. But I think much of this depends on my mood.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

WTH was Saturned bitching about anyway? She's typing everyone else left and right "with certain accuracy" while barely knowing some of them (like me), insisting that because someone's possible use of a function doesn't click with her use of it, the person doesn't have it. She's got a right to her opinion, but hey, it's fair game for people to dish it back to her in return. Big fucking deal.

EDIT: anyway, sounds like you're all laying this to rest, so w/e, it's not my concern hereafter.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    WTH was Saturned bitching about anyway? She's typing everyone else left and right "with certain accuracy" while barely knowing some of them (like me), insisting that because someone's possible use of a function doesn't click with her use of it, the person doesn't have it. She's got a right to her opinion, but hey, it's fair game for people to dish it back to her in return. Big fucking deal.

EDIT: anyway, sounds like you're all laying this to rest, so w/e, it's not my concern hereafter.
    An evil tongue could say, saturned could be due to that^ be an E.

but I dont want to rerail this thread

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I've a few typologycentral individuals in mind I believe may possibly be mistyped however it is also possible my perceptions may fall to inaccuracy at times.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I've a few typologycentral individuals in mind I believe may possibly be mistyped however it is also possible my perceptions may fall to inaccuracy at times.
    The question that remains is: how can one at all type other people ? Given the mbti test is a test of preference that would mean if you would type someone else, you'ld dictate what that persons preferences are. But that can only be known by the person in question.

I'ld be careful with typing other people. The scientific rational background of such an action is more than questionable.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The question that remains is: how can one at all type other people ? Given the mbti test is a test of preference that would mean if you would type someone else, you'ld dictate what that persons preferences are. But that can only be known by the person in question.

I'ld be careful with typing other people. The scientific rational background of such an action is more than questionable.
    Indeed however there are times in which contradictory information is given. If a person were to type himself as an INTP and then tells you everything he does is based upon how he feels about it would that not be a contradiction? Do you believe his self-identification or his statement? Cognitive dissonance occurs due to inconsistent information about the individual and to remove that, one will self-choose which to believe about the other person based on one's own perceptive and judgement system.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Indeed however there are times in which contradictory information is given. If a person were to type himself as an INTP and then tells you everything he does is based upon how he feels about it would that not be a contradiction? Do you believe his self-identification or his statement? Cognitive dissonance occurs due to inconsistent information about the individual and to remove that, one will self-choose which to believe about the other person based on one's own perceptive and judgement system.
    No, you are of course right. I am concerned in such a situation (intp example) a bit more with the general picture. if a guy who is totally a feeler does present himself as an intp, I dont know if it helps him if you type him "right", cause it seems as if he would have other problems. In that moment you cant really tell what his true self is; according to his present actions he seems like a feeler, but it could very well be his situation ( problems in self-reflection ) that make him an unbalanced intp who acts out from his 4th function.

Imo the idealized nature of mbti is that everyone can type him-/ or herself in the end. And that nobody should force a type onto another, cause that is in direct violation with the intention of mbti ( a test of preference ). If you have an intp like you described him, of course you need to show him that his behaviour contradicts with his supposed personality type, but a person like that would have other deeper conflicts that need to be resolved. And just by posting in the mistyped thread: this and that person doesnt behave like its proposed in pattern A, I dont know if thats a real help or doesnt on the contrary make things worse.

I mean that just as a thought to keep in mind.