• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION]

Do you think INTP could work for me?. I defently am comfortable and strong with my Ne/Ti functions but I am not sure if am inferior Fe or Si. I do relate to both in many ways (More inferior Si though). I do find ti hard to connect with people if they dont stimulate my Ne (People who do remark on how charming and warm I am :D plus I was very talkative and Neish as a young child but over time have become more introverted due to finding that people dont seem to engage with me a lot of the time.). I am also at the age where my tert wuld be kicking in and it seems I am delopivng my Fe as a few years ago I had no Fe all all but it is kicking in and fast lol but Si is still out there.

I dont fit the stereotypical image of an charming Robert dowley jr ENTP but nether do I fit the INTP image of a complete hermit but then strotypies is what MBTI is not all about :D. I has aspects of both myself personally like one day I can talk everyone to death and I often get invited by family and friends to do speeches and stuff but then the next day I just want to sit on the computer all day and do college work, read or interact with others on here as I do get drained if I spend too long on solitary stuff. On vent I get lots of energy from debating theories and stuff as it is so fun :D.

People were suggesting an xxFJ type for me but while I do have quite a strong Fe it is immature and lacks the solidity and nuance of a xxFJ. I use my Fe in that I do seek external harmony and dislike that group harmony to be broken but it is also used in a casual way and sometimes over the top. I seek Fe not as a a main way of life but to be used so we can return to everyone being happy and having fun.

I confess I come on this site to escape a Si grip I have been having brought on by some personal problems. I am getting better though so dont worry :D as I am now starting to talk to family and friends not holding it all in. but you can reach out to me if you wish to do so. (You dont have too though).

Speaking of ennergarm it is universally agreed that I have 7w6 in my head and 2w3 in my image but the gut is yet to be decided. I do have both strong 8 and 9 elements because I dont like conflict but I can get aggressive in a 8ish way if I feel that myself or people I am close to are being mistreated. 8w9 and 9w8 are both possible.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION]

Do you think INTP could work for me?. I defently am comfortable and strong with my Ne/Ti functions but I am not sure if am inferior Fe or Si. I do relate to both in many ways (More inferior Si though). I do find ti hard to connect with people if they dont stimulate my Ne (People who do remark on how charming and warm I am :D plus I was very talkative and Neish as a young child but over time have become more introverted due to finding that people dont seem to engage with me a lot of the time.). I am also at the age where my tert wuld be kicking in and it seems I am delopivng my Fe as a few years ago I had no Fe all all but it is kicking in and fast lol but Si is still out there.

My Ti revolves around Se...it revolves more around the way things are and working with that as opposed to could be and working with that. Becomes a dangerous pair as SeTi pulls off what NeTi dreams up.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My Ti revolves around Se...it revolves more around the way things are and working with that as opposed to could be and working with that. Becomes a dangerous pair as SeTi pulls off what NeTi dreams up.

Ne/Ti is more about what could be while Se/Ti works with whats in the moment so to speak. For instance Ne/Ti comes up with the idea for somehting and Se/Ti builds on it. Like a Ne/Ti user would be the blue print guy and the Se/Ti the one to project it into the real world. I am curious on how to get into a Se/Ti mindset. Like with me trying to understand Ne/Fi vetter Se/Ti I would also like to seek understanding off. Anyway would you say I seem more ENTP or INTP to you?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] suggested I could be 2w3 enneagram... what does that make my tritype? (@Rouskyrie, are you around?)

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] suggested I could be 2w3 enneagram... what does that make my tritype? (@Rouskyrie, are you around?)

I wouldn't put too much stock onto that one just yet, it was just a quick placeholder until I come to a more conclusive result :newwink:

Why I said 2w3 though is based off your recent rant posts of feeling used, and how you like to give to others. Not that that's limited to a 2, but an unhealthy one, if I understand it correctly, can see giving as a sort of exchange with people and can therefore expect reciprocation for their good deeds, whether that's receiving something tangible for their efforts, a thank you, any sort of acknowledgement. I'd have to follow more of your posts to test this initial guesstimate though. :)

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

I dont fit the stereotypical image of an charming Robert dowley jr ENTP but nether do I fit the INTP image of a complete hermit but then strotypies is what MBTI is not all about :D. I has aspects of both myself personally like one day I can talk everyone to death and I often get invited by family and friends to do speeches and stuff but then the next day I just want to sit on the computer all day and do college work, read or interact with others on here as I do get drained if I spend too long on solitary stuff. On vent I get lots of energy from debating theories and stuff as it is so fun :D.

People were suggesting an xxFJ type for me but while I do have quite a strong Fe it is immature and lacks the solidity and nuance of a xxFJ. I use my Fe in that I do seek external harmony and dislike that group harmony to be broken but it is also used in a casual way and sometimes over the top. I seek Fe not as a a main way of life but to be used so we can return to everyone being happy and having fun.

I confess I come on this site to escape a Si grip I have been having brought on by some personal problems. I am getting better though so dont worry :D as I am now starting to talk to family and friends not holding it all in. but you can reach out to me if you wish to do so. (You dont have too though).

Speaking of ennergarm it is universally agreed that I have 7w6 in my head and 2w3 in my image but the gut is yet to be decided. I do have both strong 8 and 9 elements because I dont like conflict but I can get aggressive in a 8ish way if I feel that myself or people I am close to are being mistreated. 8w9 and 9w8 are both possible.

Aww brain, I was just having fun by tagging you! But, if you're concerned about your type, I'll give my feedback. I'll keep an eye out for your Fe and Si. What does your Si grip feel like btw? How does it manifest in your life right now?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Aww brain, I was just having fun by tagging you! But, if you're concerned about your type, I'll give my feedback. I'll keep an eye out for your Fe and Si. What does your Si grip feel like btw? How does it manifest in your life right now?

This Si grip means that life just feels humdrum and that I lose my abillty to basically enjoy life and start whining about negativity from the past. I get trapped in the past and feel depressed. Plus I also fall into ruts and rotines.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This Si grip means that life just feels humdrum and that I lose my abillty to basically enjoy life and start whining about negativity from the past. I get trapped in the past and feel depressed. Plus I also fall into ruts and rotines.

Oh crap, you're going through what I'm just now trying to get out of? I could poke around to see exactly what your going through, but it seems we share this grip atm. Therefore, ENTP it is :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION]

I know you asked the question of others, but even though I haven't read that many of your posts, I tend to assume you are an INTP. Take it with a grain of salt because I haven't been analyzing your personality or anything, but I think your username is quintessentially INTP and your comments never seem inconsistent with that. I do know INTPs rather well, but don't know you well, but that's my $0.2

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Eh, while I'm in town, anyone think I could be an INFP? I have been feeling particularly in tune with my Fi, though, is that just a phase or is it something that's always been strong in me and I'm just now attaching a label to it? [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION], you mentioned once I could be an Fi dom, thoughts? I also remember [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] said I was showing some I tendencies more recently. Would you mind sharing what you meant by that? I have been going through a bit much the last four months so I've been isolating myself irl more than I typically do.

Just looking for some quick feedback.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wouldn't put too much stock onto that one just yet, it was just a quick placeholder until I come to a more conclusive result :newwink:

Why I said 2w3 though is based off your recent rant posts of feeling used, and how you like to give to others. Not that that's limited to a 2, but an unhealthy one, if I understand it correctly, can see giving as a sort of exchange with people and can therefore expect reciprocation for their good deeds, whether that's receiving something tangible for their efforts, a thank you, any sort of acknowledgement. I'd have to follow more of your posts to test this initial guesstimate though. :)

Hmmm, yeah. I mean I type as 794 or whatever on the tritype and really if anyone questions my mbti/enneagram, I get defensive, but I don't mean to (don't take offense) but it makes me do a double take. Even though I'm telling people, hey, you might be that type even if it doesn't sound like it fits/correlates like everything else does or seems to/is "supposed" to. Like, I feel like a bit of a hypocrite. I need to relax about this stuff because it's about self-discovery but I'm a perfectionist and I feel I even have to get that right. :puppy_dog_eyes::17425::chillpill:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, yeah. I mean I type as 794 or whatever on the tritype and really if anyone questions my mbti/enneagram, I get defensive, but I don't mean to (don't take offense) but it makes me do a double take. Even though I'm telling people, hey, you might be that type even if it doesn't sound like it fits/correlates like everything else does or seems to/is "supposed" to. Like, I feel like a bit of a hypocrite. I need to relax about this stuff because it's about self-discovery but I'm a perfectionist and I feel I even have to get that right. :puppy_dog_eyes::17425::chillpill:

Would you say this is because you are associating stereotypes to certain types and avoid such because of certain traits?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you think INTP could work for me?

my impression so far is entp > intp

you have an ethical effusiveness that sits between the tantrum-y way of IxTPs and the self-conscious (but more insistent) way of IxFJs.

you also don't have enough of the "authoritative seep" i associate with ExxJs and the way you interact seems more bidirectional (middling Je-Ji) than unidirectional. that last model is a work in progress though.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Would you say this is because you are associating stereotypes to certain types and avoid such because of certain traits?

Yeah, I'd say so. Which makes me a hypocrite.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Well, just based on interactions, you don't have inferior Fe. I don't see how INTP could even be an option (dude, people here think you're an Fe dom, you ain't an INTP). However, your enneagram is much more interesting to me and I think having a solid grasp on your gut and where it falls would make things more understandable.

Because enneagram is personal and about your fears and goals and how you act on them, someone else guessing your enneagram will always have a level of 'wrong' to it. My guess is that your tritype is 9w8-7w6-2w1 so/sp. e9, e2, and so can be confused for Fe, which may be why people think your dominant function is Fe. I also think you are sx blind and that is because your Fe is tert. You use it to get things done, but at the end of the day, it's not that serious. You aren't that connected. This could possibly be why you are feeling INTP-ish.

Just my guesses and theories though.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well, just based on interactions, you don't have inferior Fe. I don't see how INTP could even be an option (dude, people here think you're an Fe dom, you ain't an INTP). However, your enneagram is much more interesting to me and I think having a solid grasp on your gut and where it falls would make things more understandable.

Because enneagram is personal and about your fears and goals and how you act on them, someone else guessing your enneagram will always have a level of 'wrong' to it. My guess is that your tritype is 9w8-7w6-2w1 so/sp. e9, e2, and so can be confused for Fe, which may be why people think your dominant function is Fe. I also think you are sx blind and that is because your Fe is tert. You use it to get things done, but at the end of the day, it's not that serious. You aren't that connected. This could possibly be why you are feeling INTP-ish.

Just my guesses and theories though.

I can see why people may see him as Fe dom, but it's just not fluid in the way I see Fe doms utilizing it. It's much more playful. I agree that enneagram is a good place to get to the bottom of someone's type, and true, that is one area, for sure, the person must do their own analysis. Unless someone wants to expose all for everyone to see?

The So dom, E2, presence of Fe in the stacking, understandably, can come off Fe dom.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hrrm... my guess would've been NFJ. Maaaaybe SFP.

Actually, this reminds me of of [MENTION=22782]Mademoiselle[/MENTION]. Both of you have something visual and image-oriented about your presentations (as far as forum posts go) that I don't associate with TJ types. I'm probably the only one who sees it that way, though. It's likely my associations are the problem.

Enneagram I won't touch except to say 8s seem more forward and less inscrutable.

I haven't read your blog or perused your posts, which I should do before commenting on someone's type. On thinking about it, that sounds stalkery. So I won't do it.

Interestingly enough, I did consider INFJ when I first discovered MBTI, but Fe just didn't fit my cognitive functions at all. Plus I get along better with Fi-Te types as opposed to Fe-Ti people. My arguments seem to be more understandable to the former than latter.

Tell me more about these associations. And actually, I'm in between 5w4 and 8w9 as my core. I'm not entirely sure if I'm integrating to 8 or disintegrating into 5.

And it's all right whether you decide to peruse my posts. It's only natural to want more information. I won't take it as stalking.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

No worries, I was more surprised over anything. But no offense taken :) Just remember that for all the info given to you, it is YOU that ultimately will make the typing judgment call, and if people have a problem with that, who cares? They need to get a life! Just be true to yourself, and remove as best you can, any biases you may have over any particular functions, types, enneagram, etc. and you should be good. Just take your time, no rush.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No worries, I was more surprised over anything. But no offense taken :) Just remember that for all the info given to you, it is YOU that ultimately will make the typing judgment call, and if people have a problem with that, who cares? They need to get a life! Just be true to yourself, and remove as best you can, any biases you may have over any particular functions, types, enneagram, etc. and you should be good. Just take your time, no rush.

I shouldn't have biases towards types but I do and that's based on my misunderstandings/stereotypes/how types are percieved. But I'm at least confident I'm an ENFJ. I'm learning to be confident with it, anyways.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I shouldn't have biases towards types but I do and that's based on my misunderstandings/stereotypes/how types are percieved. But I'm at least confident I'm an ENFJ. I'm learning to be confident with it, anyways.

Happy to hear it! Ya, own it :happy2: