• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not her, but probably it's because you care about fashion. :heart:

(Imo you're fine as an INFP)

If the reason is really this stupid... :dry:

But we can still talk more about me! :happy2:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh..heh...calm down, I was talking about my husband not you. The MBTI is very broad so just because you're the same type doesn't mean you have the same issues, certainly not to the same extent.

My husband is no doubt Fe first and foremost. His greatest flaw is that he uses Fe and understands nothing about it. In so many ways he is more mature than most men I know but emotionally...he's kind of like a little kid. . This is how I feel right now! Don't care why, don't care how completely irrational it is- I'm going with it!"

It's very tiring o someone like myself but he's gotten a little better.

Alright, excuse me. He just sounds like a thinker but again, you know best

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If the reason is really this stupid... :dry:

But we can still talk more about me! :happy2:

*says in a nice cable network news television voice*

So tell me about yourself OrangeAppled...

chin-on-hands.jpg

*realizes this sounds more like a date*

*awkward*

:unsure:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do and he isn't but I am curiouso know why you think otherwise.

He just sounds like he is enticed by the call of the inferior function, which can be confused to be the dominant function at times. He could be ISTP or INTP from what you're telling me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*says in a nice cable network news television voice*

So tell me about yourself OrangeAppled...

chin-on-hands.jpg

*realizes this sounds more like a date*

*awkward*

:unsure:

They told me this was just a makeover episode!!

:shocking:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They told me this was just a makeover episode!!

:shocking:

REALITY TV omg I think this just went viral

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]

no-country-for-old-moles_c_3024831.jpg

Interesting, I show no signs of paranoia, but I do apply the Western Enlightenment of evidence and reason to mbti, and found mbti is not part of the Psychological Discipline of Psychometrics, but is in fact a typical American cult.

I have no objection to Americans following their own cults as our Constitution supports freedom of religion, but I do object to mbti being dressed up as though it had any truth value. In fact mbti has no more truth value than astrology.

And in my own defence: paranoia is psychological preparation to attack, so if I am paranoid, I have made more than seventeen thousand posts to Typology Central as psychological preparation to attack. This is absurd.

The reason this false accusation is made about me is because I am a clear and present danger to belief in the cult of mbti.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm surprised that I've never come up in this thread, because as far as I know, I'm an "off" manifestation of J, the polar opposite of most sx-doms, and maybe even an off version of 4 (lacking much of the individualistic bravery). I've justified these things, but with uncommon stuff like tertiary influence and "reversal" of the dominant instinct.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=17945]Alaska[/MENTION],

I don't know you well, but I've never felt like there was a need to question you being a 4.
Same with your instinct. I used to think you were sp-first ...but I can easily see it second, but strong.
You have an Fi-mbti/socionics vibe, so that makes sense

Not that you couldn't be other types.... but I just need to start stalking you more ^_^

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I'm surprised I only came up once. I haven't talked about my enneagram type on here for years, as it's roughly as guarded as a state secret, and I suck at being sx-first the way The Internet describes it. Ain't no one questioning my ENTP and getting away with it, though.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Yeah, I'm surprised I only came up once. I haven't talked about my enneagram type on here for years, as it's roughly as guarded as a state secret, and I suck at being sx-first the way The Internet describes it. Ain't no one questioning my ENTP and getting away with it, though.

the main thing that surprises me is that you don't think your so-last. I wouldn't have expected it, but okay!
ENTP and enneagram 4 doesn't quite work in theory ...so I'd question you on that too (I believe you're a 4, though).

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the main thing that surprises me is that you don't think your so-last. I wouldn't have expected it, but okay!
ENTP and enneagram 4 doesn't quite work in theory ...so I'd question you on that too (I believe you're a 4, though).

I basically do think I'm social last. That was blatantly obvious to me from the first day I read the instincts...problem is some morons on PerC persuaded me otherwise. I admit, they made good arguments, though. So I leave it as an open question, depending on how you interpret the instincts. I'm basically too lazy to change the thingy under my avatar.

Interested in how you see soc-last, though cause on PerC they were typing me as soc-first like I said.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I basically do think I'm social last. That was blatantly obvious to me from the first day I read the instincts...problem is some morons on PerC persuaded me otherwise. I admit, they made good arguments, though. So I leave it as an open question, depending on how you interpret the instincts. I'm basically too lazy to change the thingy under my avatar.

Interested in how you see soc-last, though cause on PerC they were typing me as soc-first like I said.

I am picky with who I let influence my perception of personality systems lol.

It's just that I've seen you around, and you tend to emphasize your lone-wolfy qualities more than anything (sp-ish).

You seem social last because you don't emphasize your fourness by being a social critic. Like you don't express your "uniqueness" by saying how you're not like everyone else. A social first (in my opinion) is a social-4 because they sit there on their high horse, navel-gazing about society. That's something that they truly identify with (at least the social 4 I know). They also focus on how they cannot be like everyone else (like their family, maybe they judge millenials, maybe they critique a particular culture ...like hook-up culture).

You're more focused on you... "to be ...or not to be" your ideal self ...seems sx-ish??? Edit:: you know, sexual-dom 4 is still quite confusing to explain/understand. All I know is that it makes them have an 8ish quality to them lol.

Anyway. Just my take and I don't know this stuff for a fact... just thinking. feel free to disagree!

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am picky with who I let influence my perception of personality systems lol.
With good reason. I've gotten MUCH more selective about this over the last several years as my understanding has improved.

It's just that I've seen you around, and you tend to emphasize your lone-wolfy qualities more than anything (sp-ish).

You seem social last because you don't emphasize your fourness by being a social critic. Like you don't express your "uniqueness" by saying how you're not like everyone else. A social first (in my opinion) is a social-4 because they sit there on their high horse, navel-gazing about society. That's something that they truly identify with (at least the social 4 I know). They also focus on how they cannot be like everyone else (like their family, maybe they judge millenials, maybe they critique a particular culture ...like hook-up culture).

You're more focused on you... "to be ...or not to be" your ideal self ...seems sx-ish??? Edit:: you know, sexual-dom 4 is still quite confusing to explain/understand. All I know is that it makes them have an 8ish quality to them lol.

Anyway. Just my take and I don't know this stuff for a fact... just thinking. feel free to disagree!

Oh no, I thank you very much! I agree with a lot of what you're saying, or at least I see where you're getting it.

Unfortunately, though, I am something of a social critic--like the things you're not seeing in me, I find that I actually do in some form. Perhaps that's better seen irl--and I know on PerC they became convinced I was social first because I harped on this tendency so much. Like you should have heard me throughout high school and college, just ranting against what "everyone else" was doing (all the phenomena you mention and more), how fucked up society was, why the government was lying about Iraq, objecting to society's crass materialism. You should have heard me after the recent election! And, particularly when I was younger and the memories of rejection still sharp in my mind, I was always complaining about being the outcast, the one no one wanted around. I defined myself by my friendlessness. Etc. So I do have that component.

(You're right about the naval gazing, though. I don't often naval gaze about who I am in society. I do so about my own undesirability, how I'll never have a relationship, my loneliness, my disappointed desires, how I hate everyone so much, why I'm so angry, and how much better my life could have been. It's completely pathetic, I wish it weren't like this. Good point, though, you made me think of where my mental patterns habitually are.)

And I'm not saying any of that proves social-second (or first, or last). It could just be how life has shaped me. I strongly, strongly agree with one thing you've said about my "lone wolf" qualities. That's the line that always catches me when reading about blind-spots...

They would rather act as a lone force, lone wolves, I'm-on-my-own attitude, feeling that they don't need others and others don't need them. Fear of being emotionally crippled, being unable to connect with many people, self-conscious of being socially ungracious. It’s hard to take in the gifts and generosity of others. Projected fear - if I ignore others, they will ignore me. There’s an expectation of humiliation. A desire not to impose self on people in fear of not being wanted or being klutzy.

This. Whole. Thing. It burns. Like every word cuts to the core of why I'm such a failure at life.

I entertain the idea, however, that my feelings here have something to do with early traumas and rejection...like all the girls at the lunch table doing that "You can't sit here" thing, and me locking myself in the bathroom and VOWING I would never impose myself upon another human being or group ever again. It was one thing after another with me as a kid, just like that, and by adolescence, I'd sworn everyone off. It's proven to be a hard pattern to shake, even as a midlife adult.

I have no particular relationship to self-pres, incidentally, other than it seems like a lot of good sense. No particular passion or emotional complex around it one way or another.

Sooo...I guess it depends on how you interpret the social instinct, the extent to which it involves "reaching out to others" and "keeping up" vs having interests in larger society, as well as the role the secondary instinct actually plays. I admit, it has me stumped. If you go by issues I need to work on though, as well as the simplest answer, then I'm better served by typing as sx/sp, as you have rightly alluded to.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sooo...I guess it depends on how you interpret the social instinct, the extent to which it involves "reaching out to others" and "keeping up" vs having interests in larger society, as well as the role the secondary instinct actually plays. I admit, it has me stumped. If you go by issues I need to work on though, as well as the simplest answer, then I'm better served by typing as sx/sp, as you have rightly alluded to.
I can relate to that kind of relationship with Sx and So.

While the general and non-type-specific definition of So doesn't really resonate with me too much and fits as the overlooked "blind spot", the 4-specific So descriptions are a massive elephant in the room and probably always will be whether or not I use them to type again or not. For instance, I'll just drop this here. Mostly where the social 4 has fewer "anti-shame" defenses than the other two variants, can err by being too transparent about that vulnerability (while Sp and Sx would guard themselves more), and is given to social comparison. Not so much the one about the 4 as a social critic, though if you are close enough to me that I'd trust you with my anger, I do have some...passionate...things to say about those matters.

On the other hand, Sx is a hard sell if you're just looking at my behavior. I'm far from 8-like. However, what the dissonance between Sx's meaning as a dominant instinct and my behavior would have to imply if it were my dominant, is true and needs to be seen and dealt with. It's a little sickening to think that I've treated my needs that way, but it's a fact. While it could be easier to explain myself as a different type, the impetus then to face this habit of pushing back on my desires and real traits would be lost. As you say, I'm better served by the way I type now.

And yeah, contrary to popular images of the type, my fight with the Sx instinct precludes long-term relationships a lot more often than it draws me toward such a thing.

I guess I'm impressed by how many people here apparently don't go by behavior alone to judge type, because that was something I really struggled with while in the process of typing myself.

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can relate to that kind of relationship with Sx and So.

While the general and non-type-specific definition of So doesn't really resonate with me too much and fits as the overlooked "blind spot", the 4-specific So descriptions are a massive elephant in the room and probably always will be whether or not I use them to type again or not. For instance, I'll just drop this here. Mostly where the social 4 has fewer "anti-shame" defenses than the other two variants, can err by being too transparent about that vulnerability (while Sp and Sx would guard themselves more), and is given to social comparison. Not so much the one about the 4 as a social critic, though if you are close enough to me that I'd trust you with my anger, I do have some...passionate...things to say about those matters.
Not knowing you personally irl, I can't comment on any of that. Definitely worth looking into more closely if you feel there's confusion, however.

On the other hand, Sx is a hard sell if you're just looking at my behavior. I'm far from 8-like. However, what the dissonance between Sx's meaning as a dominant instinct and my behavior would have to imply if it were my dominant, is true and needs to be seen and dealt with. It's a little sickening to think that I've treated my needs that way, but it's a fact. While it could be easier to explain myself as a different type, the impetus then to face this habit of pushing back on my desires and real traits would be lost. As you say, I'm better served by the way I type now.
Same. I'm only starting to see the damage I did to myself for so many years. Breath-taking. It is possible to totally act against one's instinct...this is typically discussed in relation to social, but happens equally to the other instincts I guess. At least I am proof of a screwed up sx.

The only further thing I can suggest is that you go by motivations, not behaviors or descriptions. I find the "27 subtypes" thingie to be irrelevant for typing purposes at best, and at worst downright misleading. I don't identify with ANY of my subtype descriptions, for instance, and the ones I do identify with aren't the ones I am, etc.

And yeah, contrary to popular images of the type, my fight with the Sx instinct precludes long-term relationships a lot more often than it draws me toward such a thing.
Any time I see someone struggling with relationships, I think that makes Sx-first as easily as sx-last. In my case, I went into denial and still spent years wondering what was wrong with me, and many more years regretting myself. The fact remains, though, that there's a huge emotional hangup around these issues...thank God someone saw it before I did and pointed it out.

I guess I'm impressed by how many people here apparently don't go by behavior alone to judge type, because that was something I really struggled with while in the process of typing myself.
Ha ha ha...we all start off typing by behaviors. I spent like 15 years doing that. That's why it took me so long to figure myself out too. The people on TypoC seem older and better-informed, though.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I wish I even understood what these sx/so instinct stuff was. Most people I've asked about it have said " Eh, scionics is bull don't waste your time" but it seems like many people use them a lot. Maybe I should look into it just so I can understand what people are saying.