• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]: stupid question, but what do you mean by working backward from shadow functions? Do you mean ruling out what the person doesn't seem to value or "use"?

Yes but more by what form or function that person tends to distrust but like Anaximander's strongest shadow function is Te which he will sometimes use to support his way of life but obviously if I typed him correctly Ti and Ne/Se should be his way to approach life.

That's what confused me. [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], how did you determine which shadow functions? Was it a vibe thing or did you choose a best fit from some other method?

Just trying to get a handle on your method

Yeah so I studied the roles of each of the shadow functions and I determined Te to be your best but you'll use that function if somehow you need a backup like if it's a stressful situation. Unlike your inferior you actually trust a little bit of your 5th and have somewhat of a grasp of it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If aux Fe is my function I'd say it ebbs and flows everyday. I trust my feelings more than reason often even if experience says otherwise. I am worried about how I might offend others due to the choices I make in life. How I relate to society as a whole.

If I see someone suffer I help in any way I can. Lesser use of Fe because of bad experience can make me distrust society in general and think most of humanity isn't worth saving but that's a lie we tell ourselves when we're hurt.

I can absorb feelings and often wonder why do I feel this way? Ni gives me possibilities where Fe can select which will be the best. It's learning to be comfortable with all emotions.

An Fi user may explore the emotion like the deep sea but an Fe user is like constantly jumping between a pool and a spa and perhaps a jacuzzi when confused.

People strangers or not. Are always on your mind even if they've done little for you. Seeing a familiar face or similar can trigger that. The person next to you in line. The cashier. People are your #1 priority in your mind even and especially if you dislike them.

Shame can be increased for 4's. Not blending in, not being accepted by the group ruins your day. You don't understand when people tell you to ignore your emotions as that is telling you, cut off your primary source of knowledge. People are your knowledge. My mind's eye draws possibilities who of this person is next to me. What is he or she like. What does he or she think or feel about me as of right now? What can I do to make an impact on his or her life in a way that will benefit him or her or everyone.

I think about users I like and dislike my mind is a radar always on. Ni helps keeps me knowing the current essence of that person. A point that can go in any direction at any time.

True joy is when everyone around you is in unison and you can join along.

Now that's my Ni Fe perspective. Si Fe will be a little bit different and may not as encompassing as Ni user may have.

Hope this helps.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm certain that i'm an INFP but i'm curious if anyone thinks i'm any other type but I don't stereotypes. Explain it to me via the functions aka properly.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION] I typed you so far as IxTJ by working backwards with your shadow functions. I can't figure if you prefer Si Ne or Ni Se

...that's a very clever way to do that. Maybe I'll try it next time I have trouble.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you think my sociotype is?

Expression.

I really hate expressing my emotions. Hate it. It makes me emotionally vulnerable. But when I'm swept over by strong emotions, you can tell. I'm easy to read. If I'm anxious and panicky, you know. If I'm happy, you know. If I'm angry, you know. Not necessarily because of words, but because of body language that I can't hide.

I think you have Fe but with Ni because you relate to the past aspect of Si in mbti, but not the physical sensation aspect of Si in socionoics. Ni in socionics focuses on time in general. I'm not a socionics expert, but I just know that you don't fit the socionics definition of si.

While I'm on this thread I'l share my opinions with others.
[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] ISFJ
[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] ISFJ
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] ESTJ
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] ISFP
[MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION] INFP
[MENTION=9627]Xann[/MENTION] ENTJ

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...that's a very clever way to do that. Maybe I'll try it next time I have trouble.

I think it's only best to judge that way have you seen the person for a while and the conscious functions aren't that apparent. Use at your own discretion lol.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I think it's only best to judge that way have you seen the person for a while and the conscious functions aren't that apparent. Use at your own discretion lol.

It's how I typed my husband. I always knewhe's an INFX and recently decided on J.

I noted how he looses his absolute shit when when things do not exactly as planned. Even when the change is not even negative.

One of the best examples was when we first moved in together:

Me: I just realized that our bed frame wont fit through the bedroom door...
Him:*super fucking angry* Whaaat!? Well then what the fuck are we supposed to !?
Me: Take it apart and put it together inside the bedroom.
Him:GODDAMNIT NO!
Then he went off and pouted over it and my broken ass had to put it together myself.

...then I noticed that he takes a notebook and pen with him everywhere. I know it's also attributed to creative types-and he is- but without his notebooks he " can't even."

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's how I typed my husband. I always knewhe's an INFX and recently decided on J.

I noted how he looses his absolute shit when when things do not exactly as planned. Even when the change is not even negative.

One of the best examples was when we first moved in together:

Me: I just realized that our bed frame wont fit through the bedroom door...
Him:*super fucking angry* Whaaat!? Well then what the fuck are we supposed to !?
Me: Take it apart and put it together inside the bedroom.
Him:GODDAMNIT NO!
Then he went off and pouted over it and my broken ass had to put it together myself.

...then I noticed that he takes a notebook and pen with him everywhere. I know it's also attributed to creative types-and he is- but without his notebooks he " can't even."

:unsure: I mean sure I get irritated only if you kept ignoring that I knew the better way and your way didn't work but I don't get THAT angry even then. But I don't blow up over things like that, my category of extreme anger is more of social issues.

He may be more of Te (J) than Fe (J). But then again Idk him.

INFJ's are flexible, they're the least judging out of all EJ and IJ types lol. They're slightly judging. INJ's are like sometimes mocked for being "lazy." They want alone time to daydream about how to plan reality and even then their plans are very loose form. Very impressionistic and not concrete like. (TJ's probably much more concrete than FJ's)

ENTJ and ESTJ are like probably the highest out of all judging types.

And IP's can be very judging if they haven't developed their auxiliary perceiving function well.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you have Fe but with Ni because you relate to the past aspect of Si in mbti, but not the physical sensation aspect of Si in socionoics. Ni in socionics focuses on time in general. I'm not a socionics expert, but I just know that you don't fit the socionics definition of si.

IEI or EIE?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] ISFJ

[MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] ISFJ

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] ESTJ

[MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION] INFP

[MENTION=9627]Xann[/MENTION] ENTJ

I repped, but it might make more sense to ask here too. Socionics ISFp (thus socionics SiFe), socionics ISFj (thus FiSe), mbti ISFJ, or both? [I ask because I think socionics vs mbti definitions of cog functions are very different in a few cases, thus I'm pretty sure I type differently in both, though I don't bother with socionics]

Permabanned

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I suppose this gives me the opportunity to talk about myself....so I'll play. Why?

After reading [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] 's reply, it seems necessary to clarify if this is MBTI (letter dichotomies), Jungian types, or Socionics.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION] I found this at PerC:

It's personality disorders based on loops:

^ I didn't write the comment of Victor so don't be offended victor, I just copied pasta.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION] I found this at PerC:

^ I didn't write the comment of Victor so don't be offended victor, I just copied pasta.
Got caught up reading about NPD and ESFJ/ENTP and thought, "holy shit, that's my Dad"

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found this at PerC:

[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION]

no-country-for-old-moles_c_3024831.jpg

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENFP/ESTJ: Ne/Te or Te/Ne--Borderline Personality Disorder. The ENFP I described above may have been one of these types. They simultaneously desire to control and dazzle others with their extraordinary leadership and grandiose performances. For the ENFP, this tends to take the form of insisting on consistent, scheduled attention from others for his/her artistic or creative gifts, while for the ESTJ it tends to manifest itself in terms of indignation when others refuse to follow every detail of the user's "visionary" leadership style. This combination, ironically, makes the user extremely dependent upon others for meaning, never really finding a sense of internal balance, no matter how hard he works to create and delegate. While Te leads these types to desire structure and discipline, Ne continually contradicts it by insisting on impulsive displays of creative freedom. Often self-denigrating over the inability to control Ne's impulsive explorations, Te will go to any lengths to keep the user in a position of power and influence, where others must defer to his authority. If Fi/Si were doing its job, these types would recognize that what they're looking for cannot be found outside themselves--they must learn to sometimes live for themselves and only themselves, and forget about external results for a moment.

This explains so much, holy shit. If only I saw this when I briefly thought I was an ExTJ.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suppose this gives me the opportunity to talk about myself....so I'll play. Why?

After reading [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] 's reply, it seems necessary to clarify if this is MBTI (letter dichotomies), Jungian types, or Socionics.

I repped, but it might make more sense to ask here too. Socionics ISFp (thus socionics SiFe), socionics ISFj (thus FiSe), mbti ISFJ, or both? [I ask because I think socionics vs mbti definitions of cog functions are very different in a few cases, thus I'm pretty sure I type differently in both, though I don't bother with socionics]

I was meaning mbti.