MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think you're an INFP.
    You know what I find funny about Type 9? They have ISFPs and INFPs all over it, but look at how Type 9 is often described: "Of all the personality types, Nines have the most difficulty identifying which type they are because their sense of self is undefined."

Types running on Fi have poor sense of self and are undefined? Whaaaaaa?

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You know what I find funny about Type 9? They have ISFPs and INFPs all over it, but look at how Type 9 is often described: "Of all the personality types, Nines have the most difficulty identifying which type they are because their sense of self is undefined."

'tis the empathy factor. Strong empathy can result in poor boundaries in individuality. it isn't that they don't have strong personality, but they can feel other people's feelings so much , they aren't sure what they feel. At least that's my theory.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Pretty much what you said. I'd add that not all 5s are focused on details. Sure one can get very focused on something and become very aware of every little detail; but any type can do that, but won't be that way all the time. Otherwise we'd have to boot a lot of NTPs out of Type 5. The thing sounds like an IxTJ wrote it. There can be Feelers as 5s, and Thinkers as 9s.

I'd write more but thinkin' hurts my brain and I'm gonna go draw a pretty flower in MS Paint and stare at it till I feel better.
    I don't think we'd have to boot them out, but I'd simply say that non 5s see details while 5s see the fulcrum of an idea. What others see as details, 5s see as a data point layered with consequences, meaning, implications, divergences which must be accounted for. Note, this isn't saying only 5s have this ability[I wouldn't necessarily even call it an ability] and that they're always right when they're doing it, but that they're compelled to think this way because of their fixation to the world [the world must be understood to be controlled]. To others, it's just not instinctually, mentally, or emotionally important enough to worry about such "details."

I smiled when I wrote this, because my reply itself is an illustration of the different thinking between the two types

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    'tis the empathy factor. Strong empathy can result in poor boundaries in individuality. it isn't that they don't have strong personality, but they can feel other people's feelings so much , they aren't sure what they feel. At least that's my theory.
    Agreed. I think they kind of project a lot (probably for the better, rather than the worse though).

Anew Leaf

It's a pair of docs!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    That ain't my problem!

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't think we'd have to boot them out, but I'd simply say that non 5s see details while 5s see the fulcrum of an idea. What others see as details, 5s see as a data point layered with consequences, meaning, implications, divergences which must be accounted for. Note, this isn't saying only 5s have this ability[I wouldn't necessarily even call it an ability] and that they're always right when they're doing it, but that they're compelled to think this way because of their fixation to the world [the world must be understood to be controlled]. To others, it's just not instinctually, mentally, or emotionally important enough to worry about such "details."

I smiled when I wrote this, because my reply itself is an illustration of the different thinking between the two types
    I liked this explanation a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    It's a pair of docs!
    I have a pair of socks.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I miss Orangey as an INTP.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Anew Leaf

@ All INTPs = ISFJs and INFPs.

That is all.

Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Which types are the INTPs? Do they exist?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Which types are the INTPs? Do they exist?
    I think they are a myth perpetuated by chinese propaganda.