User Tag List

First 220270310318319320321322330370420 Last

Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 7142

  1. #3191
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I appreciate you asking; but I honestly don't have much to say, your posted read has always been in the ballpark, and I don't have a lot of time right now to scrutinize someone's posts to make a detailed read... unless of course you are going to pay me.
    Awww, and you did such a good job with Lark. And from what I've read, it doesn't sound like you need more money.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #3192
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There. Go read. Presume less.
    Well, if you want to be fair and honest about this, I don't think you have a lot of room to ask other people to invest more in understanding your POV, as when people do engage your posts and provide something you could respond to, you don't invest at all yourself... at best, you just toss in an ad hominen or some other insinuation that doesn't address the comments raised.

    Case in point here (but it's pretty typical from what I've seen): You didn't answer anything I said or give me contrasting info to change my mind, and note that I have a good rep for looking at new information; you simply told me I was "projecting" and that I should go home and didn't invest an ounce of energy since.

    I think people can draw their own conclusions from that.

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Awww, and you did such a good job with Lark. And from what I've read, it doesn't sound like you need more money.
    Ha, actually I'm very much in debt and could use any money I could get, if I have to be serious a moment. But hey, those details are a different topic altogether.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #3193
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ha, actually I'm very much in debt and could use any money I could get, if I have to be serious a moment. But hey, those details are a different topic altogether.
    We're all in debt, it's a matter of how much money we have left over to live on after paying bills.

    Ok, then how good is your discernment of Instinctuals? A lot of forum members questioned me when I decided to go with Sx/Sp.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #3194
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I knew there was someone who suggested that, you must have posted this before. Anyway, I dont think so.
    Wasn't me. This is the first time I'm commenting on your (mis?)type.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  5. #3195
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Ok, then how good is your discernment of Instinctuals? A lot of forum members questioned me when I decided to go with Sx/Sp.
    It depends on the person. My type reads are actually more "big picture" vibes, rather than details; I'm holistic in my approach, we're more than the sum of our parts. I honestly don't have any vibe about you, or I'd tell you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #3196
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It depends on the person. My type reads are actually more "big picture" vibes, rather than details; I'm holistic in my approach, we're more than the sum of our parts. I honestly don't have any vibe about you, or I'd tell you.
    That's where we differ in methodology. I'm a little of both "big picture" and "details." It's like two perspectives in my head that can speak with one another, and double-check the other, to get closer to the truth.

    But I appreciate the fact that you didn't simply blurt out an answer to my question.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #3197
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Yeah I think I agree, I'd see him as ESTJ. I think young ESTJs trying things out can be quite ESTP-like, and enneagram would have an influence as well.

    He's not a forum member though.
    TJs in general who are 8w7s can look like ESTPs when they're younger, I've even known 2 INTJ 8w7s who looked like ESTPs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #3198
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    @Lark, can you explain why you're not embarrassed by your interactions in this thread? Because it's full of angst-based self-centredness and a lack of an awareness of how others are reading your persona. And when people call you out on it, when they have to stoop to being explicit about something collectively understood, well, that's kind of embarrassing. Or at least you'd think it would be.

    Why not just humbly and respectfully engage in a dialogue instead of acting like a preteen? You're capable of doing so. You just are not choosing to do so.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  9. #3199
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    @Lark, can you explain why you're not embarrassed by your interactions in this thread? Because it's full of angst-based self-centredness and a lack of an awareness of how others are reading your persona. And when people call you out on it, when they have to stoop to being explicit about something collectively understood, well, that's kind of embarrassing. Or at least you'd think it would be.

    Why not just humbly and respectfully engage in a dialogue instead of acting like a preteen? You're capable of doing so. You just are not choosing to do so.
    Because I really and truly do not see it as you put it as "acting like a preteen", I see A LOT of emoting, and as I have explicitly stated, projecting going on in this thread, IT IS the usual suspects getting their hate on, and I really do feel that A LOT of it is transfered from other threads, other topics.

    Now I could get into a whole match of disputing it all, would it be worthwhile for anyone? I doubt it, would it be interesting, amusing, diverting even if it couldnt be fruitful? I doubt that too.

    Why do I think its a case of emoting and projecting? Well, the various posts aimed at me are presumptious and loaded to begin with, I'll just use the example of your own, you've already attributed a quite negative disposition to myself, that of a preteen, and suggested that I behave respectfully and humbly instead, which itself suggests that I've been anything but, now I could begin to prefigure my posts with "respectfully, I believe you are projecting" but it means the same thing and I suspect would provoke the same response.

    There's another reason I dont believe that disputing it would be to any end or any use, its to do with the basic forum dynamics, I dont want to profile myself because when that happens you become the next member to be run out of town by a clich of like minded or like feeling individuals.

    I dont fancy that because there's enough people here that I enjoy interacting with to make visiting worthwhile, their contributions have been great, including considered and thoughtful feedback about feeling traits, career paths and the like. Even the completely odd and contrary posts, like the you're an isfp post, add something to things, posting something which boils down to "my friends and I believe your a jerk" is a different story.

  10. #3200
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Because I really and truly do not see it as you put it as "acting like a preteen", I see A LOT of emoting, and as I have explicitly stated, projecting going on in this thread, IT IS the usual suspects getting their hate on, and I really do feel that A LOT of it is transfered from other threads, other topics.

    Now I could get into a whole match of disputing it all, would it be worthwhile for anyone? I doubt it, would it be interesting, amusing, diverting even if it couldnt be fruitful? I doubt that too.

    Why do I think its a case of emoting and projecting? Well, the various posts aimed at me are presumptious and loaded to begin with, I'll just use the example of your own, you've already attributed a quite negative disposition to myself, that of a preteen, and suggested that I behave respectfully and humbly instead, which itself suggests that I've been anything but, now I could begin to prefigure my posts with "respectfully, I believe you are projecting" but it means the same thing and I suspect would provoke the same response.

    There's another reason I dont believe that disputing it would be to any end or any use, its to do with the basic forum dynamics, I dont want to profile myself because when that happens you become the next member to be run out of town by a clich of like minded or like feeling individuals.

    I dont fancy that because there's enough people here that I enjoy interacting with to make visiting worthwhile, their contributions have been great, including considered and thoughtful feedback about feeling traits, career paths and the like. Even the completely odd and contrary posts, like the you're an isfp post, add something to things, posting something which boils down to "my friends and I believe your a jerk" is a different story.
    OK.

    Thought experiment: what would the conversation look like if you were the one who happened to be wrong? How might people engage in a dialogue with you? Because your "presumptuous" is another person's "Dude I've been quietly staying away from sharing my uninvited opinions until Lark posted in the thread and brought it up and I'm pretty sure it's collectively understood and we were just being polite."
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 7005
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 08:13 PM
  2. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: 10-17-2017, 06:52 PM
  3. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO