First 2230313233344282132532 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...enfp-infp.html

Check out Post #62 of this topic.
    This is why I think Xander's INTP.

If you don't agree.. I may very well be ENTP myself.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Anyhow, why is an ENTP all intuition and an INTP not? The two share the same preferences, just reversed. Surely you'd pick up intuition off of anyone who has it as a secondary preference but has learned to enhance it?
    Sure. I know it's verboten but I'm going to, just as a rhetorical device, compare you to Noah who is very much INTP, TiNe without a doubt. His Ti has a firm reign on the Ne. He's multilayered and open-ended in the way he makes connections, but he leads with the Ti which lends a structure to it. You, IMO, lead with your Ne and drag Ti along kicking and screaming all the way. Like Eileen said you bubble over with it.

That said it's true that I've never met you and of course I could be wrong, it's just a (very strong) impression I've gotten over the years.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP

What about INTJ? I know I wasn't exactly charitable to Gabe on our first meeting (something I hope I can be forgiven for at some point) but INTJ?

Anyhow...I'm often quite close to ENTJ. Well a lot moreso than my ENTJ father who seems to be shifting to INTP as he gets older. HE used to berrate me about "seats are for sitting on, not for putting things on". I try that line at his house and all I get is "Yes but I live on my own so it's alright for me to do it".. typical J.. always about controlling the exterior whilst the interior flaps around like a gasping fish

Oh many think this to be true. I think only Gen managed to penetrate the mess to find that everything...I really mean EVERYTHING... goes through the Ti filter before it is used or considered. I don't even tie shoelaces without having at one point thought through why they should go that way around.

Don't get me wrong, I love the analysis (okay so maybe there is a little attention seeking within me) but I'm afraid I merely redefine INTP a little

(Personally I blame growing up with two Fs and having Fs, almost without exception, as friends...I tend to conceal or tone down the Ti. I dislike upsetting people and so the iron spike is now a Nerf arrow.

Anyhow, why is an ENTP all intuition and an INTP not? The two share the same preferences, just reversed. Surely you'd pick up intuition off of anyone who has it as a secondary preference but has learned to enhance it?

Aw nuts... ... I just realised I'm trying to conclude again. Bad, bad...BAD!!!

I am satisfied that I am a more extroverted INTP. However if you so wish I shall alter my type to fit the boards decision.

I didn't say INTJ just because you pissed me off.

You made a remark that sounded much more like Trickster Fe than inferior Fe.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...I am satisfied that I am a more extroverted INTP. However if you so wish I shall alter my type to fit the boards decision.
    Do whatever you want.
    If it was clear-cut, then perhaps you could build a case, but these things tend to be more ambiguous, so then you have to be happy with any label you're willing to bear.
    If you think it is the most "correct" assignation based on the evidence, then go for it.

I will say that often you do feel like you're channeling Sub, there's a lot of similarities in your frenetic, freewheeling, Ne-pinging posting styles.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do whatever you want.
    (You have to be happy with any label you're willing to bear.)
    If you think it is the most "correct" assignation, then go for it.

I will say that often you do feel like you're channeling Sub, there's a lot of similarities in your frenetic, freewheeling, Ne-pinging posting styles.

Reading a Xander post (or a sub post) is like watching someone do parkour:

[youtube="jquXcwooV6A"]Xander posting[/youtube]

And I LOVE IT.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post

Reading a Xander post (or a sub post) is like watching someone do parkour:
    Although probably a moot issue at this point, I really do think Ivy is an INxP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I think Xander's an INTP.
    Did you read his post on ENFP's (comparing him and his friend)??
    I'm too lazy to find it but it shows that Ti's in charge but Ne plays a role.
    I redub the 'Mondo Bingo Dude'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    After reading 31 pages, I guess I'm definitely an INTP..
    Tell me about it. I was reminded at 9:30 pm that I should stop building my computer as I hadn't eaten all day

That and, knowing I was tired and had to get up, I continued after food till 1am. Damn that "just one piece more" mindset!!! :steam:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't know about the post you're talking about but over the years I've gotten to know and love Xander as a space case intellectual. Ne is in the driver's seat, IMO.
    I think I have the answer. Some people I approach as an equal and will engage the Ti to analyse them foremost. Other's I hold at arms length until I am more familiar with where I am in their estimations. At such points I use my intuition to entertain (and probably partially to conceal and evade).

Also like gimme a break... yuz a girl. I've got to slam the intuition into overdrive so I can chat you up without getting slapped (either metaphorically or via a court order).

I reckon that people aren't taking into account the whole "hey it's you!!" factor. To some I am Yoda, full of mystic advice and such, to others I'm full of... less than useful produce ( *phew* ). To some I'm considered clever where as to other's I am always the dunce. Some consider me charming whilst people like my sister often point at me as some kind of example of a nicely mannered social retard.

Personally I'll admit I to a little deliberate change but I think that people skew my personality to match an expected pattern.

Still if the lady's insist then I shall aquiesce.
    (Oh and yeah that Night bloke too... I guess as he's one of em "right" people.... :rolli: )|
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Although probably a moot issue at this point, I really do think Ivy is an INxP.
    That would be my best guess too, though I think I may have ruined myself with too much MBTI thinking, making my own perceptions suspect of bias. So I have to rely on the observations of more objective parties.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If I'm not mistaken, Ivy is an Enneagram 9, which means she is probably everything -- like Jung himself.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Closer. Oddly that kind of works in rhyme too as people often describe me as "the one that looks like a Japanese baby"
    I see what you're trying to suggest and I'll do no such thing! The nerve!

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    This is a great compliment.
    I think it stinks and I'll have none of it!
    Time is a delicate mistress.