• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if I am God? XXXX

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also get the FJ vibe for [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION]

Fe subtype xEI sociotype.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
What if I'm an ESFP?

What if the sun is blue, what if I am an abominable snowman, who cares!!

I take it though maybe you want to be more actively involved in what is around you?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah.. I'm INFJ. Lol.

No surprise for any of you.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] have you ever thought maybe that you could be an ENFP rather than an INFP?

I have wondered, yes. I do score very close in the I / E dichotomy and am more outgoing in appearance. But ultimately, I feel that my Ne is a slave to my Fi. Am interested to hear your reasoning, though, if you care to share.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I thought there was a pretty clear distinction between ENxP and INxP.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Yeah I thought there was a pretty clear distinction between ENxP and INxP.

I find that it can be hard to tell in the case where an ENxP may have depression. They can seem to have a more INxP disposition, a kind of low-energy or sadness. However I still find INxPs who are more social/energetic still seem like INxPs.

I have a strange understanding of MBTI types however, so if that doesn't align with your own experience, then scrap what I said. xD

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have wondered, yes. I do score very close in the I / E dichotomy and am more outgoing in appearance. But ultimately, I feel that my Ne is a slave to my Fi. Am interested to hear your reasoning, though, if you care to share.
It's thin but the two reasons are how you interacted when we met and the fact that you seem to get in conflict with INFJs in a similar manner that ENFPs seem to.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if I am a Type 4 INTJ?

I mean it seems like it'd be an INTJ with an Fi-obsession but still thinks on the spot and does things that would offend many Fi users unintentionally? But values as such as "always be nice to others no matter what" makes an Fe sort of appearance, but yet having low self esteem because the lack of strong Fe and not the willingness to blend in as much?

That I'm very fixed in a Ni-Fi loop and using Te in an unproductive way? With Se poking it's head out saying: Like let's have fun all the time.

With Type 4 individuals being self-revealing making a very contradictory INTJ.
:huh::blush:

Taken from a unique INTJ profile:

At some point in their lives, INTJs start to take notice of how characteristically different they are from their peers. They may even joke about their own nerdy or esoteric interests. Fortunately, they can usually find a few friends with overlapping interests, even if those friendships are maintained through what others might consider non-social activities, such as playing video games over the internet.

Further complicating INTJs’ social life is their use of Extraverted Thinking (Te). The majority of males, at least in the United States, are TP types, all of who use Extraverted Feeling (Fe) rather than Te. This gives TPs (including INTPs) a leg up when it comes to casually connecting with others in social situations. TPs often enjoy social situations (at least for a stint), which grant them opportunities to showcase or sharpen their social chops. By contrast, INTJs, along with other Te types, often loathe unfamiliar social situations. They find it painfully difficult to “rub elbows” or engage in any measure of “small talk” with strangers. This further intensifies their sense of being “different” from their peers.

Despite their introverted status, INTJs can be surprisingly talkative. Like INFJs, they can talk at great length (and depth) on topics that interest them. This is one reason INTJs often enjoy the role of lecturer or professor. And while they are rarely the most dynamic or energetic of orators, INTJs are typically decent story-tellers and good for occasional injections of droll humor or cultural references. This can help humanize them in the eyes of their audience, even if their overall delivery remains a bit dry or mechanical.

Another consequence of INTJs’ Perceiving dominance is their tendency to be passive or phlegmatic. More proactive types, such as ENTJs, might even consider them a bit lazy or apathetic. But calling INTJs lazy is to miss the point of what it means to be a Perceiver. Namely, since INTJs’ first and foremost job is to Perceive rather than Judge or act, functioning in a passive mode of perception is actually their most authentic mode of operating. Indeed, the reason that INTJs’ theories and insights are often superior is because they do not force things. They patiently allow their Ni intuition to collect and synthesize all the pertinent information before they draw conclusions. Again, others may be blinded to this reality if they focus exclusively on INTJs’ external presentation.

With that said, I’ve observed a fair amount of variability among INTJs with respect to the prominence of Fi in their personality. I know one INTJ, for instance, who had a rather difficult upbringing and has spent most of his adult life trying to understand and remediate his childhood wounds. This led him to develop interests in both normal and abnormal psychology. I’ve also known INTJs who show little more than a passing interest in psychology. It may be that differences in childhood experiences affect the degree to which INTJs focus on Fi matters, including their own emotional landscape. The interaction of nature and nurture may also affect the degree of INTJs’ emotional stability. Some INTJs are emotional labile and constantly turning to others for support. Other INTJs are characteristically more steady and independent in handling their emotions.

The last thing I’ll mention about INTJs’ Fi is its contribution to their interest in self-knowledge, including their desire to understand what makes them unique and different. For quite some time, I was perplexed as to why so many INTJs took interest in personality typology. I hypothesized that in most cases it was probably career-related, such as trying to match their personality to a particular career field. I later realized that their reasons often ran deeper than that. Namely, similar to what we see in FP types, INTJs’ Fi compels them to understand who they are as unique individuals.

Extracted from a source that talks about cognitive functions:

Extraverted Thinkers are able to set aside how they feel about something, so they can separate out the objective facts from their emotions.

We all experience emotions when making decisions. In fact if you watch your thought process closely enough you will notice that when it's time to decide something, you first have a gut feel for what to do. But this gut feel is based on your emotions. What Extraverted Thinkers do is that they recognize the emotional content, but then they set it aside to focus on the facts.

Ni-Fi Loop:
The Ni-Fi loop, from my understanding, is a state of depression and shutting yourself off from everything. If you’re stressed about something, you won’t do anything about it. You’ll be in a constant state of “omg omg omg” and expect the worst and having this gut feeling that nothing’s gonna go right, and it’s a huge weight you can’t take off. You’ll constantly feel beaten down or attacked, and you feel paranoid about everything. What you’re suppressing here is your Te, so this is where you lose any sort of structure in your life and feel like you’re falling and you can’t stop it. ‘Cause toxic Ni is obsession; toxic Fi is feeling attacked and being self-destructive. This shows in the loop.

TPs don’t really go through this. They can get paranoid, but they don’t shut in on themselves. Ne/Se makes distracting yourself easier, so they don’t suppress reality and get paranoid; they suppress their paranoia through reality; or faux reality - that whole “if I ignore that problem, it’ll go away” mentality.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] I think you're definitely a core 2 enneatype.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't tell you how to type yourself but you simply don't strike me as a TJ type.

I would believe that the TJ types are what this community has the most comfort in stereotyping.

But FJ is still a possibility.

A few other factors:
I say my opinion sometimes knowing it's not the most socially acceptable.
I feel deeply. Idk if it's Fe or Te that I notice the emotion but I try to use my head and try to understand what's going around me. Usually I'm stunted by my feelings rather than propelled.
I've learned to accept that however I express myself someone is not going to like me for it.

Just yesterday, I freely spoke about gender norms, stratifications, and stereotypes without caring that I was in a religious school.

Growing up, I kind of knew what was right and wrong for myself. I'm seriously hurt by those who feel like they can be part of a religion but break one of its most serious rules and still consider themselves a part without serious repentance. If you can't follow the religion without sincerity, I advise people to leave it.

I'm the only in my family who has done very strong changes and I shared music and views that I know wasn't popular and I was softly and passive aggressively pushed to the side, except my immediate family.

I know that I am an Ni Dom because I primarily perceive through intuitions rather than feelings. I say feel to replace intuit so I don't sound arrogant. I don't think you have to be a douche or stiffnecked to be an INTJ.

When people talk to me about their problems, I don't really tell them I know how they feel because I don't believe I do. I suggest what I'm feeling and people have always told me no that's not what their feeling. Most of the problems was actually I listed the wrong feeling.

I say happy, sad, or angry to just be easy. But then further analyzing my emotions it is actually shame, grief, contempt, insulted all their own tone. I just can't label the feeling just in time because it feels so mysterious until I get back in privacy and it starts to make a clearer impression.

Anyway, I usually say if I were you, I'd take the independent route, but I don't always say that because there are people who value family the highest.

I have a real hard time getting along with people who don't identify with my values.

It could be perhaps being born male, I have more of an inclination to be independent. But Idk if I am doing it for gender norms because I can be hysterical just because I want to be like a popular girl.

But really, I guess it's not the most important thing to focus on life. I'm going to practice develop Te through external organization. Organize yourself before others.

I'm good with rules if I am committed to the project and did some previous reading. I mean I won't read a law or policy book but what's most important to the project itself.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]: Do you suppose that your religious background may perhaps aided in some of your emotional repression? The Te/Fe confusion may be because of that?
I grew up in a mixture of Roman Catholic and Evangelical background, so suppression is definitely a theme in my religious life, and why I am so reluctant to return to such practices today as an adult. I hope this isn't too much of a in-your-face question. I have a feeling that INFJs such as yourself take the emotional thing very seriously, and an INTJ in your situation kind of wouldn't even care about it. I hope I'm not stereotyping, just something I've observed in TJ types.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]: Do you suppose that your religious background may perhaps aided in some of your emotional repression? The Te/Fe confusion may be because of that?
I grew up in a mixture of Roman Catholic and Evangelical background, so suppression is definitely a theme in my religious life, and why I am so reluctant to return to such practices today as an adult. I hope this isn't too much of a in-your-face question. I have a feeling that INFJs such as yourself take the emotional thing very seriously, and an INTJ in your situation kind of wouldn't even care about it. I hope I'm not stereotyping, just something I've observed in TJ types.

I don't hope this to be a religious discussion really. Being Roman Catholic, it is nice you have someone to confess to though right?

Maybe it's my 4 enneatype, I just feel so radically different by both feeling and deed/action. I'm the kind of guy when everyone gives up, I get empowered to tackle it if I have an idea what to do about something. I may not be able to say it all in words, but sometimes my intuitions hit the spot and allow everyone entry and it baffles some people. Sometimes it's seeing something no else. But all these INFJ descriptions say they can be independent but people hold them back, which is true to some part. I guess I could still be INFJ due to caring about having harmony with my family on things. I mean religion was too important to pass up though. I will be who I am and I cannot run from it because it hurts my productivity in school for sure and end up in circles.

Fe in my perspective differs radically from SFJ's. Somewhat same tone in goals but far different in approach, perspective, and practice. Not to say one is better than another, but the difference being strikingly much different leaves me in isolation.

I've learned that I have to make everything up on my own, learn how to work with the system of things. Friends won't be there for you. Strangers will struggle to help. I've learned to be the example, doesn't mean my life is radically easier. But I've gotten a few perks from my experience which again, people find me mysterious and intimidating if I don't open my mouth.

But what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I would believe that the TJ types are what this community has the most comfort in stereotyping.

Or perhaps TJ types are the most solid types, so not much is open for the debate about them ?

I am here as a foreigner and I live on the other side of the globe from the most of the posters here so it is hard for me to give you concrete conclusion about this place and people here. However in your posts there is much emotion ... and then there are all those avatars and signatures that are full of women. Also INTJ that is 4w3 Sx/So is very unlikely combination.

Your persona just doesn't seem to fit TJ profile in my book. In the case that you said "Am I INTP?" I would say "Mmmaaayybbeee" but I just don't see TJ vibe on you.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Outgoing or no, you outright scream Fi to me. Ne as a "slave" to it is a great way to put it. You often tie everything back to integrity, sense of self, expression, etc.