Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    @SilkRoad is an ISFJ!
    There's a thread about this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-not-infj.html

We determined (basically what I thought) that I'm an ISFJ-like INFJ. (Or possibly ENFJ-like.) I don't think I have much Si.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

I think you're an INFJ. Maybe as some get older, the lines blur. I think young or immature INJs bare little resemblance to ISJ though. They act more all-knowing, and suck at both Fe and Te.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    There's a thread about this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-not-infj.html

We determined (basically what I thought) that I'm an ISFJ-like INFJ. (Or possibly ENFJ-like.) I don't think I have much Si.
    haha interesting. But to be honest I think you do. You seem more intellectual than the ISFJ stereotype, so I guess you'd probably identify more with the INFJ profile. Also, you seem to have a pretty distinctive informative style of communication.
    If you don't know what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction_Styles
    I think this is very accurate. Unlike the rest of the Js, all the SFJs I know usually prefer to just express their views, not caring much about influencing another people.
    Ask yourself, which one of those is more like you?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'd probably call myself Foreseer/Supporter... The thing is, I have a decent idea what Si is supposed to look at and I don't identify with the sort of data recall capacity involved, at all, nor particularly with the attachment to tradition. I've got patterns in my mind to support everything from my view of human history to my interpersonal relationships, going off into decades from now...

I wouldn't rule out ISFJ but I'd take a lot of convincing ... I haven't read many ISFJ profiles which I identify with much (although certainly more than INTJ, say), whereas I identify greatly with the INFJ profiles as a rule (except for believing that I'm an infallible psychic.) And I came to MBTI by taking a test and finding out I was supposed to be INFJ (and being shocked at how well it fit me), so it wasn't one of those things where I decided INFJ was the most glamorous profile.

Bear in mind also that I think I'm an enneagram 6 which I think would produce a different flavour of INFJ from many. Mind you, I seriously doubt that as many INFJs are 4 (and usually 4w5) as they think they are...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

all the SFJs I know usually prefer to just express their views, not caring much about influencing another people.
    Time to step outside again.

I do find it true of the introverts to an extent, but not with ESFJs and ESTJs in the slightest. If anyone is capable of doing exactly that, it's Fe and Te with the surety/conviction of Si.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'd probably call myself Foreseer/Supporter...
    Fair enough
    Bear in mind also that I think I'm an enneagram 6 which I think would produce a different flavour of INFJ from many. Mind you, I seriously doubt that as many INFJs are 4 (and usually 4w5) as they think they are...
    Good points. Your combo seems to be really rare, indeed. But I won't lie, I still think you are an ISFJ. You just seem more ''smooth'' than pretty much every INFJ.
    Last edited by Rasofy; 10-10-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: missed a word
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Time to step outside again.

I do find it true of the introverts to an extent, but not with ESFJs and ESTJs in the slightest. If anyone is capable of doing exactly that, it's Fe and Te with the surety/conviction of Si.
    I believe there is a scale of directiveness where SFJs rank between Ps and Js. It is not very scientific, I admit, but it is gonna be pretty hard to compare them with EXTJs in this category.
    -----------------

-----------------

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Good points. Your combo seems to be really rare, indeed. But I won't lie, I still think you are an ISFJ. You just seem more ''smooth'' than pretty much INFJ.
    Heh, I'll take your rare opinion under consideration.

Although, I am quite convinced that there should be far more enneagram 6s - of many different types, not just INFJ - out there than there are. It's not a fashionable type. Although we are awesome, and there are a number of self-identified 6s here and a few other INFJ 6s. And I have seen it listed as a very common or fairly common type for INFJ... Seriously, whatever I am, I doubt that 95% of INFJs are type 4. It's just too many.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Anew Leaf

To be honest, @Rasofy thinks everyone is an ISFJ .

I am always getting rep comments from him saying "hi saturned, you're an ISFJ." and stuff.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    To be honest, @Rasofy thinks everyone is an ISFJ .

I am always getting rep comments from him saying "hi saturned, you're an ISFJ." and stuff.
    Nooo... I'm definitely more like an ISFJ than you are!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING