• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]: do you think I am accurately typed? To many, I come off socially introverted and fairly businesslike...esp.to other F types. Lol

Businesslike <-I'm currently embracing the truth of it...that I couldn't really tell you what qualities this word is meant to encompass... no-nonesense, punctual, uninteresting, painful, a living, breathing prison, hell on earth...

I don't really see you that way.

I do think you are accurately typed in spite of the fact we both know it will always be challenged.

I haven't seen [MENTION=11928]Woaden[/MENTION] in a very long time and don't know what he currently types as but I think he is a quieter ENFJ 3w4 as well.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]. :wubbie: I know we've chatted about mbti but I'd love to hear your perspective on enneagram, as I find enneagram quite interesting at this point. I could comment on how/why I came about my typing but I'll let you share first IF you have any thoughts.

(p.s. how do you feel about being summoned by everyone? lol)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha. I don't think all 4s are necessarily dark.... I would say more angsty, moody, and somewhat reactive.

Yeah definitely haha. Maybe I should do a video although I'm very self conscious haha

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why did I assert myself so much to be a 4.

*sigh*

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]. :wubbie: I know we've chatted about mbti but I'd love to hear your perspective on enneagram, as I find enneagram quite interesting at this point. I could comment on how/why I came about my typing but I'll let you share first IF you have any thoughts.

(p.s. how do you feel about being summoned by everyone? lol)

Enneagram for you is kinda hard imo although I'm just now realizing I've never really considered it before haha (I think it's just that I've interacted with you side by side for so long and have developed trust that you know what you're doing. oh and I feel super fortunate when people ask me for my input because I learn so much)

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like if I had only recently encountered you and felt confident your were an ISFP... And I think I'd probably go with 9w1 (tenatively in my mind) and yah so/sp sounds right. I will say that you do have a gut-type style to your anger...and a conflict avoidance in the sense that you can tell you're always holdin some/most of it back when something rubs you the wrong way. But I want to hear what you have to say as this is now really of interest to me haha!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram for you is kinda hard imo although I'm just now realizing I've never really considered it before haha (I think it's just that I've interacted with you side by side for so long and have developed trust that you know what you're doing. oh and I feel super fortunate when people ask me for my input because I learn so much)

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like if I had only recently encountered you and felt confident your were an ISFP... And I think I'd probably go with 9w1 (tenatively in my mind) and yah so/sp sounds right. I will say that you do have a gut-type style to your anger...and a conflict avoidance in the sense that you can tell you're always holdin some/most of it back when something rubs you the wrong way. But I want to hear what you have to say as this is now really of interest to me haha!

:)

I am pretty solid on so/sp. That said, I can get frustrated and find some of the sx last stereotypes kind of tiresome, if they revolve around sx last lacking passions, or not finding 1:1 / close bonds important, or not really valuing and desiring intimacy. So in short, stereotypes suck! heh.

I'll be honest, 9 is pretty neck and neck with 4 for me. I can relate to much of 9, and it's certainly possible I am a 9, I have no issues with that; however I landed on 4 because I really identify with the level 4 and 5 health, and feel I sat in 5 for much of my life. I definitely have an envy thing that's prominent and I have to watch for that and be aware of it. I also really identified with the so/sp description for e4 specifically from the old ocean moonshine website. I can't say I ever got to extreme levels of unhealth for 4, though, so would need to more deeply revisit 9 stuff to see what if anything resonated with me in terms of health going downwards.

Thanks by the way! I think you have a really good understanding and insight into this stuff/ picking up on things in people.

Edit: Re conflict avoidance/holding stuff back, yes and no. I can be avoidant because conflict makes me very anxious, but at the same time I can't keep something in if something really bothers me or I'm really upset/affected by something. Usually any deep expression of emotion or feelings or thoughts involve tears, don't know if that is relevant or not. I don't even have to be sad, it's like the act of releasing what's affecting me involves tears by the time it's put out there. And, I'll face conflict over not being honest and 'real'; that may tie more to Fi though, not sure. Most of the time though, if I back out of discussion or don't speak my mind, it's because I sense it's fruitless/ won't be heard/ the other person isn't in a place to 'hear' it.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Businesslike <-I'm currently embracing the truth of it...that I couldn't really tell you what qualities this word is meant to encompass... no-nonesense, punctual, uninteresting, painful, a living, breathing prison, hell on earth...

I don't really see you that way.

I do think you are accurately typed in spite of the fact we both know it will always be challenged.

I haven't seen [MENTION=11928]Woaden[/MENTION] in a very long time and don't know what he currently types as but I think he is a quieter ENFJ 3w4 as well.

hahaha, thanks. I never know how to take it either... I think I get compared to XSTJ females (aka businesslike) because I am very private with my thoughts and emotions, am direct, don't like incompetence, and will assert myself if I need to. Other than that, I am a big softie and quite caring deep down in the depths of my heart... it's somewhat hidden though.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] seems INTP to me.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
How can a 4 be an INFJ? Doesn't it suggest an INFP more?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think there is a correlation between MBTI and Enneagram or am I wrong?

1=Si
2=Fe
3=Te
4=Fi
5=Ti/Te
6=Ni
7=Ne/Se
8=Te/Se
9=Ne/Ni/Fe

Thoughts?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what do you see yourself as? Do you have any impressions of my type? Just curious.

I see myself as a 1 because I was really prim and proper in attitude. The good boy. (Could be phobic 6) I have high standards.
I see myself as a 2 because I love the feeling of love. I'm a people pleaser.
I see myself as a 3 because in high school I wanted to be an amazing runner that I dropped the mouth of my coach in my work effort.
I see myself as a 4 because I subjectively don't know what's wrong with me. I feel subjectively people should hate me.
I see myself as a 5 because I see things from all sides and can be objective that way and I always want to learn more but sometimes wanting to know much doesn't want me to start things until I feel confident enough.
I see myself as a 6 because of my anxiety because I am self conscious. I am scared of authority but I don't hate them. I think there are genuinely good people who are in authority and some of course are power hungry. It sometimes easier to see the bad than the good though.
I see myself as a 7 because everything is so entertaining and I always want more I love going places to eat. I think places with a lot of people are fascinating in a way. I like cafe's because of the scene. I am a crazy absorber of dance and electronic music. I love variety of culture and personalities.
I see myself as a 8 because I am tired being stepped on and I just want respect and sometimes stuff can only get done if you get people taking you seriously.
I see myself as 9 because there are days where I want to blend in. in school most people didn't know I existed.

...that was until I spoke up and I'm still a nobody.

No. ENFJ seems fine it is very evident of Fe you show. Sometimes I wonder if you mean it, I don't mean to really question your intentions but you seemed very positive of me for me knowing you so little.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think there is a correlation between MBTI and Enneagram or am I wrong?

1=Si
2=Fe
3=Te
4=Fi
5=Ti/Te
6=Ni
7=Ne/Se
8=Te/Se
9=Ne/Ni/Fe

Thoughts?

It's this actually:
1: Te (righteous do it my way or else)
2: Fe (please the other)
3: none
4: Ni (abstract wants)
5: Ti (information loving)
6: Fi (what you feel is what's going on)
7: Se (novelty has never been so exciting)
8: Ne (don't ask why, it just needed a spot)
9: Si (internal state of peace is overfocused)

It's very disagreeable but this is the closest to in accuracy. Because of certain concepts. Ones are probably very close is 1,2,5, and possibly 7. Rest are just really out there lol.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. ENFJ seems fine it is very evident of Fe you show. Sometimes I wonder if you mean it, I don't mean to really question your intentions but you seemed very positive of me for me knowing you so little.

It's all good. Can i say it's just my natural personality? Something about you stuck out to me and I must have expressed some appreciation for it. No ill will or bad intentions to be had on my end. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's all good. Can i say it's just my natural personality? Something about you stuck out to me and I must have expressed some appreciation for it. No ill will or bad intentions to be had on my end. :)
o-o is this true?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's this actually:
1: Te (righteous do it my way or else)
2: Fe (please the other)
3: none
4: Ni (abstract wants)
5: Ti (information loving)
6: Fi (what you feel is what's going on)
7: Se (novelty has never been so exciting)
8: Ne (don't ask why, it just needed a spot)
9: Si (internal state of peace is overfocused)

It's very disagreeable but this is the closest to in accuracy. Because of certain concepts. Ones are probably very close is 1,2,5, and possibly 7. Rest are just really out there lol.

So you disagree with this graphic?:
enneagram-chart.png

- - - Updated - - -

4 INFJ's act like INFP's

I think it might be a possibility that a large amount of those INFJs are mistyped (i.e. really INFPs).

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So you disagree with this graphic?:
enneagram-chart.png

- - - Updated - - -

I think it might be a possibility that a large amount of those INFJs are mistyped (i.e. really INFPs).

Not necessarily. The ones I gave you are Riso and Hudson and they gave their own reasons why that fitted. Now this one seems very biased and categorical it's kind of cute actually. All 1's being Ni doms that's really interesting I mean I sorta get it but I don't like how they think we're all stubborn individuals, I know I'm someone who's very open to opinion not to discriminate all 1's but the being right problem is the problem of a 1 lol.

In other places INFJ is the problem. Here I think we have a misunderstanding of what a 4 is. I thinks it's easy to relate to a 4 because of the negative side we all kind of feel like a 4. But imagine feeling different all the time even when you're with friends like a chronic feeling of difference. Not just when you're alone contemplating. And it's different because not like a racial difference with friends or anything but that illusion you don't belong with anyone. I might be more aggressive here online but I believe 4's to be quite introverted and the moodiness can make a weird type.

I think INFJ's can very well be 4's. It's just that I think everyone thinks that Fe is so other oriented the INFJ is really a nobody person and can't feel for themselves and even if that were true wouldn't you feel like crap every day as much as a 4?

Sure the Internet may say INFP vs INFJ are the largest mistypes but I believe it's actually much more rare. I believe ISFJs are the most common mistyped. And ISFJ's who disguise themselves as INFJ's pretty much suck at it considering how polar ended they are. I don't have beef with ISFJ's except when they are trying to be inauthentic to show off or to fit in. Anyway enough rambling. But yes it still may be possible they are mistyped.