First 2028293031324080130530 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    The verdict is out. Night, INTJ. He's just too level headed to be any other type.
    You are far too kind, Jen.

NFs really are my favorite people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

So I'm an ENTP or an INTJ???

Well I guess that's an improvement (in accuracy) from ENFP

It's amazing how complex people's analysis goes.. to me anyhow. Personally I find little to disagree with on other's types.

I note that Wildcat has drawn much analysis.. I'd still stick with INTP for him. I'm not sure of his "true" preferences but his style definitely fits the INTP paradigm.

What is odd is how much question INTPs types tend to come under. I have to wonder what sort of divergance people see. After all isn't the primary schtick of an INTP an obsession with questions? (Says he asking a question )

I'd love to see how people think they've managed to re-analyse people's types and come up with some of these answers...

As for Night... I think I'll stick to my original analysis and say INTJ too. Perhaps not the a-typical kind of INTJ but one never the less.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Xander - ENTP

Highly theoretical without needless closure

You should post more often.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Xander - ENTP

Highly theoretical without needless closure

You should post more often.
    If I were an extrovert then surely I'd post less often as my bubbly personal life would just over-ride the whole internet thing

Oh hang on it does... damn.

Okay so closure (I'll find a loophole around here somewhere), I got typed as an INTJ by Gabe (probably in response to one thread where I was a little overly forceful) ... there MUST be SOME closure!!

You know I did used to search for closure but never found satisfaction... I converted when I figured I was fighting a losing battle. Why ask closure from others (including other things) when I refuse to do so myself?

Also I got frustrated with trying to find absolutes. Either they evade me because I am unable to grasp them or simply because they are not there and so I only coalesce when necessary and then retract back to my usual fluidic state. Chameleon (or shapeshifter, if you're a Trekkie) style.

See an INTP with closure is one who is refusing to look into alternatives probably out of stress, the negative aspects of the ESFJ shadow. When they alter their position later it is often in response to a revelation and can cause little need to look back at the previous experiences as anything but an error in conclusion. I merely decided that it was an error in approach.

Anyhow...surely I'm not competetive enough to be an ENTP?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Buds of May View Post
    FWIW, I'm in love with both Edahn and Bluewing. And Bluewing totally exudes Ne. You have to listen with a lover's ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Who are you?
    Bluewing's lover.

(Not sure how poor Edahn got dragged into that menage a trois tho.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post

As you know, you're begging the (rhetorical) question, here.

At the very least, you are an xNTP - your oceanic posting style (topic z - topic x - topic y) is highly reminiscent of the xNTP mindset.

Creative chap.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

So I'm an ENTP or an INTJ???

Well I guess that's an improvement (in accuracy) from ENFP

It's amazing how complex people's analysis goes.. to me anyhow. Personally I find little to disagree with on other's types.

I note that Wildcat has drawn much analysis.. I'd still stick with INTP for him. I'm not sure of his "true" preferences but his style definitely fits the INTP paradigm.

What is odd is how much question INTPs types tend to come under. I have to wonder what sort of divergance people see. After all isn't the primary schtick of an INTP an obsession with questions? (Says he asking a question )

I'd love to see how people think they've managed to re-analyse people's types and come up with some of these answers...

As for Night... I think I'll stick to my original analysis and say INTJ too. Perhaps not the a-typical kind of INTJ but one never the less.
    If I were an extrovert then surely I'd post less often as my bubbly personal life would just over-ride the whole internet thing

Oh hang on it does... damn.

Okay so closure (I'll find a loophole around here somewhere), I got typed as an INTJ by Gabe (probably in response to one thread where I was a little overly forceful) ... there MUST be SOME closure!!

You know I did used to search for closure but never found satisfaction... I converted when I figured I was fighting a losing battle. Why ask closure from others (including other things) when I refuse to do so myself?

Also I got frustrated with trying to find absolutes. Either they evade me because I am unable to grasp them or simply because they are not there and so I only coalesce when necessary and then retract back to my usual fluidic state. Chameleon (or shapeshifter, if you're a Trekkie) style.

See an INTP with closure is one who is refusing to look into alternatives probably out of stress, the negative aspects of the ESFJ shadow. When they alter their position later it is often in response to a revelation and can cause little need to look back at the previous experiences as anything but an error in conclusion. I merely decided that it was an error in approach.

Xander's type- YAPP
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

xander, i think you're ENTP too. you kind of bubble over with it.

And I get why people might think Edahn is extraverted. In most photos, he appears to have a little "in your face" energy. But he doesn't seem ENFP to me... at all. Like, I can work out the E, the N, the F, and the P--each part independently--but he doesn't seem to me to add up to ENFP, nor INFP. His communication online seems to me much more NJ than anything else. That might be his law school training, or maybe it's how he thinks naturally.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    ... he doesn't seem ENFP to me... at all. Like, I can work out the E, the N, the F, and the P--each part independently--but he doesn't seem to me to add up to ENFP, nor INFP.
    Yes, that's one of the typing fallacies out there -- that someone is simply the composition of the parts we have dissected them into.

It's not that simple or analytical.
    I think type reading is much more holistic in nature

His communication online seems to me much more NJ than anything else. That might be his law school training, or maybe it's how he thinks naturally.
    Yes, he is sort of NJ in how straight-forward he is and delivers conclusions; but like you point out, his delivery is based on myriad factors of which inherent inclination is but one element.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

As you know, you're begging the (rhetorical) question, here.
    See now I'm lost #1....

I'm presuming the response goes "Aren't you?" but I'm not sure.

Another point where the possibilities overwhelm my ability to remove them leaving me with the only option (apparently a wise one though it feels like a confused one) to simply conclude that I am unsure.

You know I am a 9. You sure that's not what's doing it?
    At the very least, you are an xNTP - your oceanic posting style (topic z - topic x - topic y) is highly reminiscent of the xNTP mindset.

Creative chap.
    Oceanic? Creative? (Bored and at work? )

It is true I am unfocused, unlike many of my INTP brethren, but there again I am quite a bit more focused than many (in my humble estimations). I refute the ENTP type as I'm far too prone to obsession.

(Far far too prone!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Xander's type- YAPP
    Closer. Oddly that kind of works in rhyme too as people often describe me as "the one that looks like a Japanese baby" :steam:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    xander, i think you're ENTP too. you kind of bubble over with it.
    Bubble?

Come on guys... the reason you think I'm an ENTP is because I like you. It's that simple. I'm chatty to those I enjoy the company of.

Besides of the two introverts I most often hang around with...I'm the quiet one!!

(Btw does anyone know how to shut up an INFP without engaging their very sensitive and over-reactionary paranoia? )

ENTP.. Come on...

Why not ENTJ? I could get comfy with that. INTJ ain't too bad but I'm just not right often enough... ENFP wasn't all that bad but when people get all gooey I'm not rejoicing... I'm recoiling!