• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] posted in the 'is the person above you typed correctly' thread the other day that he thought you are actually ESTJ, and whether he was joking or not I must say that it kind of blew my mind and I think he might be on to something.
I would be in some good company, but it did appear that he was joking. Plus he was referencing my posting of a modbox consensus, so perhaps that says the overall type of the modstaff is ESTJ.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That makes sense. And in that case, I still don't see that in [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]. Maybe she's just really, really, REALLY good at hiding that "Hulk"-like rage.

doesn't [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] do a lot of martial arts and fighting type things, so maybe she channels her hulk rage into that. also i have never seen her be nitpicky but maybe i have and didn't realize it.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:dry:

Yes, that's what the other poseurs say, too, to justify why they never actually contribute any content to a thread. "I know something you don't. Sorry, not gonna tell you, you'll have to figure it out for yourself." The sad part is that you don't seem to realize how transparent you are, how common this kind of behavior is.

If you think I don't contribute anything meaningful to the forum, that's your opinion. I don't much care for your posts, either.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], I apologize if this sounds dismissive or insensitive, but considering you can't seem to decide on your own type, I don't put much faith in your ability to type me.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], I apologize if this sounds dismissive or insensitive, but considering you can't seem to decide on your own type, I don't put much faith in your ability to type me.

.. How do you know that I can't decide on my type exactly?

Do you also know how I see the colour red?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
.. How do you know that I can't decide on my type exactly?

Do you also know how I see the colour red?
I'm just commenting on the way you change your type in your profile every other day. Of course, you could just be messing around. You do have a mischievous streak in you.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just commenting on the way you change your type in your profile every other day. Of course, you could just be messing around. You do have a mischievous streak in you.

Me mischievous?

ACbiVqD.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Evee said:
I will only provide you with road signs but you have to walk down that road yourself...

:dry:

Yes, that's what the other poseurs say, too, to justify why they never actually contribute any content to a thread. "I know something you don't. Sorry, not gonna tell you, you'll have to figure it out for yourself." The sad part is that you don't seem to realize how transparent you are, how common this kind of behavior is.

... I thought we were just sharing quotes from The Matrix. :(

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Speaking as an ESTJ, I don't think he is one. Though I would be interested in hearing pro-SJ arguments that aren't just "he's traditional and therefore an SJ". Kind of sick of that argument tbh.

I'm happy to hear you think I'm above that. :D Just sayin when I made that post I was more confident in 3w2 than I was in ESTJ. He's definitely ExTJ but I'll never buy him as an 8. But 8 is painted as a hypermasculine sort of type so I can see why he's attracted to the label. Actually almost everything he posts seems like either a flexing of his "admirable" personality qualities or his success. There's just a big disconnect in behavior and motivations between him and people I agree are ENTJ 8s like [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10808]andante[/MENTION] (who appears to have left this forum without a word...if you ever see this andante I miss you :cry:).

Anyways for ESTJ...I think he prioritizes the implications behind past experiences and the "correct" way to do things. Like that thread he started asking how to propose to his girlfriend...he just seems to be a very protocol-oriented person. I know there can be traditional NTJs (like Kullervo even though he's convinced he's an INF 4) but he just doesn't strike me that way. Why do you think he's ENTJ? :thinking:

This is where ENTJs are different. ENTJs don't have strong Si. They just don't know what the norm is. Not observant enough (weak Si) to fit in either. They tend to offend people way more due to this and their interactions are mostly hit or miss. Disco is an ENTJ in that regard I think.

You're saying Disco isn't aware of norms? After posting a thread about how much he enjoys gender roles and the benefits to him they have to offer? I think Disco's entire lifespan so far has been defined by fitting in. I really don't think all SJs try to fit into society at all, but I don't get where the idea of Disco not living a completely cookie-cutter lifestyle is coming from...because he does. And there's nothing inherently wrong with that but if I had to say what members here were most connected to and accepting of social norms DB would easily be #1.

I think the SJ vibe people get from him is because he is a e3. That I think he is. I am willing to bet a lot that he is an E3.

I don't think 3s give off a particularly SJ vibe. :shrug: They don't always try to impress others by appearing traditionally impressive - 3s will be whatever 3s want to be. Disco probably just likes to impress others by appearing like a successful all-american boy...oh now I see what you're saying.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]

I'm not saying you're not a 9w8... but I AM saying that you are literally the only 9w8 on the forum whose 8 wing is invisible to me. I can see it simmering in [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION], for example. But absolutely nothing from you. You vibe more like [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] who IIRC are both 9w1.

What made you self-type as 9w8?

Actually, I can see myself smack dab in the middle more than anywhere else. I can see both in me, but I think it was the fact that while I am definitely unruffled on the surface, beneath I am a go-getter. I have a lot of grit and determination and before going into martial arts, I had a fiery temper that I usually denied. Now, I embrace it and channel it. I realize that it's okay to get angry, but that anger is a tool, not a master, if that makes sense.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
doesn't [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] do a lot of martial arts and fighting type things, so maybe she channels her hulk rage into that. also i have never seen her be nitpicky but maybe i have and didn't realize it.

Absolutely, prplchnz. Martial Arts has tamed me down a lot. Oh, and as for being nitpicky, I'm not. I don't sweat the small stuff.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, I can see myself smack dab in the middle more than anywhere else. I can see both in me, but I think it was the fact that while I am definitely unruffled on the surface, beneath I am a go-getter. I have a lot of grit and determination and before going into martial arts, I had a fiery temper that I usually denied. Now, I embrace it and channel it. I realize that it's okay to get angry, but that anger is a tool, not a master, if that makes sense.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm not gonna @ him here because he won't listen to my opinions anyway but I think DiscoBiscuit is ESTJ 3w2

I listen to lots of things, and people. I listen to NPR in the car as much as I listen to Hannity. But I listen to sports talk radio more than I listen to either.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
>Says the guy with the clown avi.

Oh, the irony!

Joking aside, it symbolises how I am viewed in general. The outside (the clown paint), is how I am usually perceived, as my persona. The outgoing, happy clown. The expression is how I actually am. My hidden side. How deeply frustrated and angry I am with the world, and who I have become to the masses.

To be fair, I would like to be more real. More raw. More honest with people. More serious and intimate, but too many people can't see past my shades.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm happy to hear you think I'm above that. :D Just sayin when I made that post I was more confident in 3w2 than I was in ESTJ. He's definitely ExTJ but I'll never buy him as an 8. But 8 is painted as a hypermasculine sort of type so I can see why he's attracted to the label. Actually almost everything he posts seems like either a flexing of his "admirable" personality qualities or his success. There's just a big disconnect in behavior and motivations between him and people I agree are ENTJ 8s like @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/7254.html" target="_blank">Wind Up Rex</a> or @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/10808.html" target="_blank">andante</a> (who appears to have left this forum without a word...if you ever see this andante I miss you :cry:).

Anyways for ESTJ...I think he prioritizes the implications behind past experiences and the "correct" way to do things. Like that thread he started asking how to propose to his girlfriend...he just seems to be a very protocol-oriented person. I know there can be traditional NTJs (like Kullervo even though he's convinced he's an INF 4) but he just doesn't strike me that way. Why do you think he's ENTJ? :thinking:

You're saying Disco isn't aware of norms? After posting a thread about how much he enjoys gender roles and the benefits to him they have to offer? I think Disco's entire lifespan so far has been defined by fitting in. I really don't think all SJs try to fit into society at all, but I don't get where the idea of Disco not living a completely cookie-cutter lifestyle is coming from...because he does. And there's nothing inherently wrong with that but if I had to say what members here were most connected to and accepting of social norms DB would easily be #1.

I don't think 3s give off a particularly SJ vibe. :shrug: They don't always try to impress others by appearing traditionally impressive - 3s will be whatever 3s want to be. Disco probably just likes to impress others by appearing like a successful all-american boy...oh now I see what you're saying.

Where to begin... Do you know what it is to embody anger, to be angry all the time, while at the same time painfully aware and sensitive to social faux pas? (no to be misconstrued with my willingness to stir the pot here)

I feel like a man pulled in two different directions, half of me wants nothing more than to be let off the leash to confront and best my enemies and obstacles, and the other half wants nothing more than for there to be harmony and for everyone to chill the fuck out. The defensive manner of some of my posts here (the flexing you refer to) has been a learned reaction to people shitting on things I hold dear, the way I've developed and the culture I come from. Anyone who remembers my early posts, knows that things were much different before nic, majic p, qreus et al. decided that roasting me was more fun than sex.

I see through systems, and like to plan and strategize for their improvement and evolution. I like training and teaching others, something my current line of work is allowing me to do more and more. Yes I value success and think that mine validates my world view and cultural background to an extent, but I'm much more interested in the empire business than the money business to quote Walter White.

I'm slow to anger, but tend to occasionally fly off the handle at little things. I would be the last man to ball my fists however, because I find it much more important to be justified in my actions than reveling in the wanton violence of action. To a certain extent much of my life has been about fitting in. Thats much of what my Iceman and the Child thread is about. The reason I mention tradition as much as I do is that I fear that much of the US populace is happy to throw out the baby with the bath water, and in the effort of purging us of the sins of the past is also more than happy to throw out much of what has made us the most successful species on this planet. Those traditions aren't a paradigm that I live within but an inchoate blueprint for where we can go in the future. Everything changes and evolves. I just want to make sure that we take the best aspects of civilization along with us, and don't think ourselves smarter than all men who have come before.

I try to battle everyday to figure out what I believe about this world and what I think about the issues. Yes I use the lenses of past thinkers to begin my understanding of a topic, but I always try to evolve beyond rote agreement and to foster a unique individual view. I want to be a (perhaps very) small part of the conversation that leads mankind into the new century, and model my life around serving that purpose.

My posts have become overly (maybe needlessly) truncated over the years because of the defensive crouch I felt some of the membership forced me into.

If you really wanna know whats going on in my head you need only ask. I don't have as much time to respond as I used to, but I'll do my best to respond assuming I have the inclination and the energy to do so.

:cheers: