• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP and ENTP can be hard to tell apart sometimes, unless you see them side by side, or you are one and hang around a lot of the other, that will make it apparent pretty damn quickly. I think a lot of ENTPs are taken for ESTPs.

Agreed.

A lot of my friends are ESTPs and we're similar, but we also have BIG differences.

They're much more in the moment. I can be, but I have to be doing something engaging. Otherwise I float off into the clouds in my head. :doh:

Destiny

A wannabe dog
ESTP and ENTP can be hard to tell apart sometimes, unless you see them side by side, or you are one and hang around a lot of the other, that will make it apparent pretty damn quickly. I think a lot of ENTPs are taken for ESTPs.

I agree with you. I believe [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] is an ENTP too.
ENTPs have this tendency to come across as ESTPs at times, especially when online.
There is just something about his vibe, I don't know how to explain it, but ENTPs and ESTPs give off a different vibe. ENTPs often give off a more dreamy and airy vibe while ESTP gives off a more serious and concrete vibe. ESTPs are also more directing in the way they speak while ENTPs are more informative in the way they communicate. Johnnyyukon seems to have an informing communication style rather than a directing communication style.
and ENTPs and ESTPs even have different type of humor.
ENTPs humor leans toward the wordplay side whereas ESTP's humor leans toward the concrete side.
I noticed johnnyyukkon's sense of humor leans more toward the wordplay side. For example, he answered this thread awhile ago and the thread was about this girl who can't stand her wonderful boyfriend, and he started using Ne humor, he started to link the entire situation into an abstract scenario, eg, using a wonderful pair of hammer to hit on oneself and then wondering why they are bleeding etc.
He just seems to have this great imagination in him that are usually found in Ne types. I have difficulty imagining an ESTP linking a relationship scenario with a hammer, and I don't think an ESTP will even joke in this scenario in the first place, they will most likely use their Ni to get to the root of the problem and figure out why the OP felt that way about her boyfriend and then use their Se+Ti to offer some practical and concrete advice to the OP.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a feeling that I am mistyped. Not that that's going to ever be taken badly.

Raffaella

bon vivant
These are some interesting points since I, too, thought JohnnyYukon was a fellow so/sx. Not anymore:

And the "so" seems like an acute awareness of everyone. I'm generally oblivious to most people, unless they strike me somehow as on my frequency, or if they're having some crisis. A LOT of people on here seem to know me, but I have no idea who they are. Half the time I think it's cuz they changed their damn names.

since so/sx types have a compulsion to know who everyone is (wouldn’t you agree, [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION])? Personally, when entering social events, I like to make the rounds and network; with no purpose other than to determine where I fit in the social sphere. If I know where I fit then I feel that I'm part of that "community". My so is then satisfied.

… I remember that a common point we resonated on was that "my friends take care of me more than I do for myself" which I think is actually one of the fears/embarrassments we feel as an sp-last type - being an eternal child always being parented rather than growing up hehe (this shows up differently in her than me though because of the ESTJ 1 flavoring).

Painfully accurate.

sp-doms strike me as a little more guarded and cut off because of their desire for self-sufficiency and independence. You have to work harder to earn their trust, while on the other hand an so/sx might be out there proactively engaging others more and becoming everyone's best friend which is what I see you doing a lot even if you're not aware of it. :laugh:

This is why I initially hypothesized his type as so/sx although he could be sx/sp which is also in the syn-flow configuration.

Like EJCC said, I would definitely not call the so instinct a team player.

Actually 9 social-doms are known as the team players or workaholics or the enneagram.

The so instinct definitely involves an awareness of your surroundings. A social-last, like I've seen EJCC and OrangeAppled talk about I think, tends to move in the room more like they're invisible. Not saying being social-last makes people be like YOLO fuck the haters, but they tend to just kinda act as if no one was paying attention to them in the first place. I think the sp-last type is more the kind to go "whatever, fuck it" and do their crazy thing because they already know it's silly.

Lol. Do you mean we’re conscious of having an audience?

I think social-doms have a desire for connection and interaction possibly even more so than how the sx-instinct is described (@Hive can check me on this haha). The way you go and put yourself out there and engage people and just seem to want everyone to be happy and get along is what got me thinking so/sx.

Yeah, it’s known that social-doms are more focused on connection than sx-doms.

Yeah being an ENTP and E7 will also make you outgoing but I think you're strangely smiley, happy, and just an all around chill dude for a 7w8 sp/sx. You'd be a lot more combative and biting imo if you were that type.

True. In fact, his statement below sounds like an sx-dom:

I've certainly been described as "intense" more times than I recall, and hot and cold FOR SURE (but this is most notable in intimate relationships). I'm a lot different in person. Well maybe not a lot, but online, I have the luxury of keeping most of my foibles hidden.

If I'm feeling "cold," online, I just won't post, or my posts may come off as more dickish. Try to keep that to a minimum.

I think what I think, and how I actually come across are two different things sometimes. But that's probably true for everyone.

Sorry, Johnny, don't mean to talk about you as if you're not there, feel free to interject.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
since so/sx types have a compulsion to know who everyone is (wouldn’t you agree, [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION])? Personally, when entering social events, I like to make the rounds and network; with no purpose other than to determine where I fit in the social sphere. If I know where I fit then I feel that I'm part of that "community". My so is then satisfied.
I should preface this by saying that I LOATHE networking, unless the involved parties have an easy connect point with me, that I enjoy discussing. Nothing quite like "working a room" when you couldn't care less about the people in it. :dry: That's something that so/sp can do that I feel very resentful about doing.

But I digress! I do agree with you, and I think you phrased it well -- not just "needing to know everyone", but "needing to know who everyone is". I feel uncomfortable interacting with people unless I have a good feel for who they are as a person, what they react to and in what way, what their sense of humor is, whether I can trust them/loosen up around them. I tend to highly personalize my interaction style depending on who I'm talking to -- for example, toning it down and mostly listening, if I'm talking to a loud and intense person, or taking a protective leadership role if I'm talking to someone quiet and uncertain/insecure. So, if I can't get a good feel for who someone is, I feel totally disoriented and have no idea how to communicate with them.

:laugh: I think it's that we're aware enough of how hopeless we can be, that we can either be insecure/defensive about it, or we can laugh at ourselves in the same way others laugh at us.

I tell my sp-last stories all the time:
  • Booking an overnight bus trip to Boston to meet a bunch of people I'd never met in person before, spending only a day there, and having my wallet stolen right before hopping on the overnight bus back
  • Getting a burn on my hand from chopping hot peppers, then live-Facebooking my entire troubleshooting process -- including pouring whiskey on the burn (which was a horrible idea)
  • Etc.

Raffaella

bon vivant
I should preface this by saying that I LOATHE networking, unless the involved parties have an easy connect point with me, that I enjoy discussing. Nothing quite like "working a room" when you couldn't care less about the people in it. :dry: That's something that so/sp can do that I feel very resentful about doing.

Can relate to this, being INFP, I become fascinated with the person and get stuck there connecting with them (dammit, secondary sx, why must I be a slave to you?). I could go home being glad that I met someone interesting but inherently feeling that I don't fit in since I didn't connect to enough people to determine where my position is.

But I digress! I do agree with you, and I think you phrased it well -- not just "needing to know everyone", but "needing to know who everyone is". I feel uncomfortable interacting with people unless I have a good feel for who they are as a person, what they react to and in what way, what their sense of humor is, whether I can trust them/loosen up around them. I tend to highly personalize my interaction style depending on who I'm talking to -- for example, toning it down and mostly listening, if I'm talking to a loud and intense person, or taking a protective leadership role if I'm talking to someone quiet and uncertain/insecure. So, if I can't get a good feel for who someone is, I feel totally disoriented and have no idea how to communicate with them.

Exactly, this is secondary sx to satisfy primary so. Gotta connect to the person no matter what. I think that's why we appear so friendly and approachable, we subconsciously make ourselves agreeable to hide our true agenda.

:laugh: I think it's that we're aware enough of how hopeless we can be, that we can either be insecure/defensive about it, or we can laugh at ourselves in the same way others laugh at us.

I tell my sp-last stories all the time:
  • Booking an overnight bus trip to Boston to meet a bunch of people I'd never met in person before, spending only a day there, and having my wallet stolen right before hopping on the overnight bus back
  • Getting a burn on my hand from chopping hot peppers, then live-Facebooking my entire troubleshooting process -- including pouring whiskey on the burn (which was a horrible idea)
  • Etc.

LOL. This is just the tip of the ice-berg for us...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can relate to this, being INFP, I become fascinated with the person and get stuck there connecting with them (dammit, secondary sx, why must I be a slave to you?). I could go home being glad that I met someone interesting but inherently feeling that I don't fit in since I didn't connect to enough people to determine where my position is.
Some of that could be INFP/4 -- I don't usually default to "I don't fit in", but to "I had fun interacting with that one person". I tend to act as if I fit in unless proven otherwise, through interacting with the majority of other "new" people in the room. If I don't "click" with most of them, then no, I don't fit in. But if I go to a party where I don't know anyone, interact with only one person the entire time, then leave, then I won't have enough data to make any kind of educated decision about my place within the group. They'll all still be strangers -- which, on the one hand, means I'm not a "member of the group" (yet), but on the other hand, means I have no stake in the group, and therefore little to no reason to care about them. If that makes sense.

Exactly, this is secondary sx to satisfy primary so. Gotta connect to the person no matter what. I think that's why we appear so friendly and approachable, we subconsciously make ourselves agreeable to hide our true agenda.
TBH I don't know if I have a "true agenda", besides "not leaving the room feeling dissatisfied". The initial goal is to connect, but if that doesn't work, then I have all manner of sub-goals. There are a WIDE variety of situations that I would consider to be a social "success", only one of which would be "connecting with everyone". Some of this could be my 7 trifix though.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
These are some interesting points since I, too, thought JohnnyYukon was a fellow so/sx. Not anymore:

I could see sx/sp too. :shrug:

Meh, I'm with EJCC. I'm not about networking, and I'm terrible at checking in with people a lot.

Woops, okay reading EJCC's reply I understand what you mean more. Yeah, I like to have a good assessment of what types of people I'm dealing with in my interactions. So I kind of feel my way out through talking with them. :yes: Like I've said to a lot of people, being in college was the reason I realized I was so/sx over sx/so. I noticed how aware I was of how many different types of people there were (something I wouldn't have noticed as immediately if I had stayed in California) and discovered who I work well with and who I don't. Gauging what kind of person I'm talking to helps me figure out if I wanna be friends with them or not.

This is why I initially hypothesized his type as so/sx although he could be sx/sp which is also in the syn-flow configuration.

He definitely seems syn-flow over contra-flow.

Actually 9 social-doms are known as the team players or workaholics or the enneagram.

I could see that. But I wasn't talking about you. :nono: haha

Mhm, I'm sure so-seconds are too (sx/so especially - they know how to play it up). I think the interpersonal surroundings is a part of so but for me the more important part is interaction.

TBH I don't know if I have a "true agenda", besides "not leaving the room feeling dissatisfied". The initial goal is to connect, but if that doesn't work, then I have all manner of sub-goals. There are a WIDE variety of situations that I would consider to be a social "success", only one of which would be "connecting with everyone". Some of this could be my 7 trifix though.

Yeah same. My agenda is first and foremost to make new friends! I guess you could say I'm not as warm/friendly once you get to see more than one side of me. But I think my friendliness is subconscious that I've developed as I grew up - it's an inherent part of my personality. It's only when I look back on a situation I realize that there may be a reason for my warm, inviting persona. I totally feel you that I feel most satisfy leaving a room feeling like I've connected with everyone. :D

Also THANK YOU for bringing up the personalized interaction style. This made me wonder about having a 9 fix a little, but I'm sure [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] will be happy to know I'm still settled in 8. Yeah, I take on different types of interaction depending on the person. If the person is a little more quiet I tend to be gentler, while if the person is rougher then I get to push them around a little. Once I feel we've fully connected as friends and we've gotten a good idea of who we are then I feel like I'm fully myself. But before that I can be a little more polite than usual or a little more sarcastic too. I think opening up different sides of your personality to others as you get to know each other over time is natural anyway.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Some of that could be INFP/4 -- I don't usually default to "I don't fit in", but to "I had fun interacting with that one person". I tend to act as if I fit in unless proven otherwise, through interacting with the majority of other "new" people in the room. If I don't "click" with most of them, then no, I don't fit in. But if I go to a party where I don't know anyone, interact with only one person the entire time, then leave, then I won't have enough data to make any kind of educated decision about my place within the group. They'll all still be strangers -- which, on the one hand, means I'm not a "member of the group" (yet), but on the other hand, means I have no stake in the group, and therefore little to no reason to care about them. If that makes sense.

Makes sense :). In fact, I think you're right in saying it could be Fi-dom thing though I may have exaggerated the extent of it.

I could see that. But I wasn't talking about you. :nono: haha

Pfffft, everything's always about me. Good post, though!

Thanks, guys, it's giving me a better understanding. It's pretty cool how we have completely different MBTI and e-types yet our approach to connecting with people is very similar.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, Johnny, don't mean to talk about you as if you're not there, feel free to interject.

Wellll, you summoned me so I'm perfectly happy to be a specimen. Interesting points.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

since so/sx types have a compulsion to know who everyone is (wouldn’t you agree, [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION])

So I took a look at all of the Variant Stacks and my thoughts, for the very bored, ha.

The Sexual Stackings

sx/sp

Yikes, this seems the most accurate, be feels like the personality diagnosis of a doctor saying "I have some bad news..."

sx/so

2nd place.

The Self-pres Stackings

sp/soc

Nah, but I think I've TRIED to be this is the last few years, at least the bolded.

sp/sx

Parts, but overall, no. Guess I was wrong.

The Social Stackings

soc/sp

Nuh-uh

soc/sx

Nope.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Damn Johnny now I'm not sure of so\sp or sp\so.

Good thoughts, though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So I took a look at all of the Variant Stacks and my thoughts, for the very bored, ha.

Thanks for posting this... I have realized I was probably wrong in thinking my brother was sp/sx... I think he is actually sx/sp... Whereas my dad fits that sp/sx description to a T. I think the person I was considering my sx/sp "exemplar" may in fact be an introverted sx/so. He has an interesting earthiness to him but that may be more of a cultural thing because his actions over the time I've known him suggest very low sp. Ha. Still so much to learn.

Raffaella

bon vivant

The Sexual Stackings

sx/sp

Yikes, this seems the most accurate, be feels like the personality diagnosis of a doctor saying "I have some bad news..."

That’s exactly how I felt when I read the so/sx description. I think most people aren’t aware that their secondary instinct is wielded effectively and comfortably, their primary instinct is the one in which they struggle with extremes (a sort of all-or-nothing approach). As an sx/sp, you can comfortably attend to your physical needs and maintain autonomy (sp portion) but can’t maintain interpersonal connections due to intensity (sx). Also, sp/sx tend to have a nostalgic feel to them whereas you seem strong-willed and energetic. In fact the parts you bolded in the other instincts indicated the sp configuration.

Sp/sx also appear uptight and reserved as they’re ministering their physical needs however they can build interpersonal relations (slowly but with relative ease). You build relations quickly and boldly.

I knew your stacking was in the syn-flow configuration, your popularity and warmth led me to mistype you as so/sx.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn Johnny now I'm not sure of so\sp or sp\so.

Good thoughts, though.

Maybe these are just bad descriptions, I dunno they seem confusing to me.

Then again, I don't really get the Enneagram system, or just don't relate to it as much as MBTI.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s exactly how I felt when I read the so/sx description. I think most people aren’t aware that their secondary instinct is wielded effectively and comfortably, their primary instinct is the one in which they struggle with extremes (a sort of all-or-nothing approach). As an sx/sp, you can comfortably attend to your physical needs and maintain autonomy (sp portion) but can’t maintain interpersonal connections due to intensity (sx). Also, sp/sx tend to have a nostalgic feel to them whereas you seem strong-willed and energetic. In fact the parts you bolded in the other instincts indicated the sp configuration.

Sp/sx also appear uptight and reserved as they’re ministering their physical needs however they can build interpersonal relations (slowly but with relative ease). You build relations quickly and boldly.

I knew your stacking was in the syn-flow configuration, your popularity and warmth led me to mistype you as so/sx.

Well then I still don't know. :doh:

And actually reading those, I felt a little bit of all of them, some more than others, but nothing really stood out. As opposed to MBTI, where ENTP was a no brainer.

Granted, I'm working backwards (I have taken some tests) but this system either doesn't suit me, or I just don't understand it.

Raffaella

bon vivant

And actually reading those, I felt a little bit of all of them, some more than others, but nothing really stood out. As opposed to MBTI, where ENTP was a no brainer.

Granted, I'm working backwards (I have taken some tests) but this system either doesn't suit me, or I just don't understand it.

Okay (I suspect this is a failing on my part)... which parts confuse you, Johnny?

ETA: let me build on my previous comment to help you make more sense of it:

I think most people aren’t aware that their secondary instinct is wielded effectively and comfortably, their primary instinct is the one in which they struggle with extremes (a sort of all-or-nothing approach). As an sx/sp, you can comfortably attend to your physical needs and maintain autonomy (sp portion) but can’t maintain interpersonal connections due to intensity (sx). Also, sp/sx tend to have a nostalgic feel to them whereas you seem strong-willed and energetic (very sx-dom/sx-primary). In fact the parts you bolded in the other instincts indicated the sp configuration (what I mean is that you can look after sp with ease indicating that you’re sp-secondary not sp-primary).

Sp/sx also appear uptight and reserved as they’re ministering their physical needs however they can build interpersonal relations (slowly but with relative ease). You build relations quickly and boldly but struggle with the intensity of these, you can be lacking or excessive, you struggle with reaching a happy medium hence the “cold” or “hot” phenomena of an sx-primary.

I knew your stacking was in the syn-flow configuration, your popularity and warmth led me to mistype you as so/sx. Stackings in syn-flow (sp/so, so/sx and sx/sp) are drawn toward people, they tend to support and appreciate others, stackings in the contra-flow (so/sp, sp/sx and sx/so) go against people (they tend to themselves above all).

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Maybe these are just bad descriptions, I dunno they seem confusing to me.

Then again, I don't really get the Enneagram system, or just don't relate to it as much as MBTI.

- - - Updated - - -

See I had the reverse I've always found MBTI an ill thought out chore. Whereas pegging I was E6 took all of 5 minutes.

I think because the enneagram focuses on a balanced assessment from healthy to unhealthy which allows someone unhealthy to spot themselves just as easily. With MBTI I find a ridiculous amount of interpretations many of which can contradict and no book on the subject really seems to have any agreement.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See I had the reverse I've always found MBTI an ill thought out chore. Whereas pegging I was E6 took all of 5 minutes.

I think because the enneagram focuses on a balanced assessment from healthy to unhealthy which allows someone unhealthy to spot themselves just as easily. With MBTI I find a ridiculous amount of interpretations many of which can contradict and no book on the subject really seems to have any agreement.

Yeah, and I guess that's what I mean when I say it may not "fit" me. We'll see.

Okay (I suspect this is a failing on my part)... which parts confuse you, Johnny?

Well Affirmitive, for example, just kind cleared up that it tends to focus more on the personality at different stages of healthiness.

But take the sx/sp example "Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious."

I can't even make sense of like 90% of that.

Perhaps a bit too abstract. The instinctual variants especially. 7w8 makes a more sense.

And another example sx/so "Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention. Provocateur"

I think I do/am all those but it's not my motivation. Whereas the "motivation" for 7w8 is pretty accurate: "Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain."

Yup, that's me.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Well Affirmitive, for example, just kind cleared up that it tends to focus more on the personality at different stages of healthiness.

I think I do/am all those but it's not my motivation. Whereas the "motivation" for 7w8 is pretty accurate: "Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain."

Instinctual variants aren’t concerned with motivations the way enneagram is; it’s about energy and drives. For instance being e9, I’m motivated to achieving inner peace however, being so/sx, I’m naturally inclined to seeking intense interpersonal connection to feel that I belong in society. If we assume you’re e7 sx/sp, we’ll find you’re motivated to feeling satisfied and content (to not miss out on anything) but you’re naturally inclined to preserving physical needs (sleep, food etc.) to satisfy the intensity you feel in interpersonal relations.

Personally, I don’t believe you should combine enneagram with instinctual variants however I found a few articles about e7 sp/sx and sx/sp you might be interested in reading (since the sx/sp descriptions are quite vague).

e7 sp-dom/sp-primary:

e7 sp/sx:

e7 sx-dom/sx-primary:

e7 sx/sp:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Instinctual variants aren’t concerned with motivations the way enneagram is; it’s about energy and drives. For instance being e9, I’m motivated to achieving inner peace however, being so/sx, I’m naturally inclined to seeking intense interpersonal connection to feel that I belong in society. If we assume you’re e7 sx/sp, we’ll find you’re motivated to feeling satisfied and content (to not miss out on anything) but you’re naturally inclined to preserving physical needs (sleep, food etc.) to satisfy the intensity you feel in interpersonal relations.

Personally, I don’t believe you should combine enneagram with instinctual variants however I found a few articles about e7 sp/sx and sx/sp you might be interested in reading (since the sx/sp descriptions are quite vague).

Ok, first off, thanks for taking the time for this and sorry about the late response. I knew I was going to need to be operating on all cylinders to process all of this clearly. It's tricky to solve a puzzle that I'm inside of.

Underlined, not so much
Bold, yes'm.

e7 sp-dom/sp-primary:
Getting Mine. In the average range, Self-Preservation Sevens are determined, energetic people, driven to make sure that their basic needs and comforts will always be met. Their attitudes and concerns tend to emphasize the practical and the material. (In the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara, "As God is my witness, I will never go hungry again!") They tend to be ambitious and work hard to insure that options will remain open to them.

Self-Preservation Sevens are also classic consumers. They enjoy shopping, traveling, and pampering themselves, making it their business to gather information about the potential sources of enjoyment (catalogues, movie listings, travel and restaurant guides). These Sevens are especially on the lookout for sales and bargains, and like discussing these matters with friends. ("I just found the most darling mugs at the Pottery Barn.") While they enjoy socializing, Self-Preservation Sevens fear developing dependencies on others and avoid having others depend on them.

Less healthy Self-Preservation Sevens can feel impatient and panicky when their needs are not quickly met. They often experience anxieties about the loss of comforts or of material support and easily feel deprived. (Fears about going hungry are not uncommon.) They can be extremely demanding and cranky when frustrated, expecting others to meet their needs as soon as they are expressed—or even sooner.

In the unhealthy range, Self-Preservation Sevens can be extremely thoughtless and relentless in pursuit of security needs. They aggressively go after whatever they believe will make them feel more secure or stave off their anxiety, and brook no interference. Reckless with their finances and resources, spending out of control or gambling, they can be even more profligate with their own health and inner resources. They push themselves beyond reasonable limits, eating, drinking, and indulging themselves to excess.

This sounds like someone terrified of being without. While I feel this at times, as do most people, it’s not overwhelming or a main motivator.

On ambition, I may touch on this below, but I seem to be cursed/blessed, I seem to only be ambitious when passionate.

I deplore shopping, though I do like gadgets or items I think will make life easier.

The last underlined block, a smaller dose of that is true.

In general, no, I don’t think so.

e7 sp/sx:
This subtype is similar to the self-pres/social, but their plans and pursuits are more passionate in nature. There is often more of an artistic flair. They can be moodier then the other subtype. Their focus is more on relationships, although commitment can also be a problem for this subtype. This subtype can even be known to use introspection as an escape. They can go inward with a seeming depth, but they will usually avoid the most troublesome areas, the areas and characteristics most painful to them.

This subtype of Seven is overall more focused than the self-pres/social. Their focus is on their intimates although certainly not solely on them as they usually have many other fires burning also. They generally have a great sense of humor, sharp quick minds and many interests. These qualities might be common to all subtypes of the Seven, but in the self-pres/sexual subtype, the infusion of enthusiasm comes through when they are engaged in their plans and fulfilling them.

Bold is true, but “focus is on their intimates” ehhhh, it’s a priority, but not sure if it’s the focus.

"the infusion of enthusiasm comes through when they are engaged in their plans and fulfilling them."
Definitely.

This type sounds more relationship focused. And while I need good relationships like freaking oxygen, it's a conflicting thing with me. Paradoxical. Maybe further below will help explain.

e7 sx-dom/sx-primary:
The Neophile. In the average range, Sexual Sevens are constantly looking for something new and beyond the ordinary; like Fours, they tend to reject the mundane. In all of their activities and interactions, they want to experience the intense charge of being alive. They see life through heightened imagination, idealizing themselves, their relationships, and reality. They often have wide-ranging curiosity and interests and are fascinated by new ideas and topics they see as being on the cutting edge. Sexual Sevens are magnetized by people whom they find interesting or refreshing. When the radar of their sexual instinct locks on the such a person, they do not hesitate to approach the person with charm and genuine interest. They feel temporarily dazzled and hypnotized by the object of their curiosity and may induce similar feelings in others. Sexual Sevens enjoy the excitement of fantasizing about future adventures and shared interest with the nre person. They love wild ideas, wit, and humor — their minds move very quickly, but this can also cause restlessness with themselves and their relationships.

Less healthy
Sexual Sevens can become fickle — both with their interests and with their affections. They fear commitment, preferring the intense feelings of infatuation that occur in the earliest stages of a relationship. (They love falling in love.) They revel in romance and in the process of mutual discovery, but as soon as the feelings become familiar, they are ready to explore other possibilities. Similarly, restlessness causes them to lack discernment. They may get involved in faddish or sensational ideas in glitzy packaging that are little more than temporary distractions. Disappointment soon follows.

In the unhealthy range, Sexual Sevens become even more reckless in their pursuit of charged excitement. They may involve themselves in crazy schemes and unrealistic or dangerous love affairs. They become thrill-seekers, looking for more and more extraordinary sources of entertainment while being less and less affected by any of it. They become hardened and dissipated from living on the edge, often burning out or damaging themselves in some permanent way from their excesses.

All in all, pretty accurate, bold especially.

Unfortunately, for me, true of the “Less healthy,” but I suppose we all have our “at our worst” behaviors.

As for the rest, this type sounds closest, but the underlined, I feel pretty grounded, but maybe that has come with maturity, being a bit older. It still has some truth though.

e7 sx/sp:
The energy of the sexual instinct is, in some ways, at odds with the type Seven fixation. The Seven’s focus is future oriented and outward, away from the inner world, while the sexual variant is instinctual and dwells on the inner self as far as relationships and identity are concerned. This combination can make for a Seven that can be Four-like in many ways. They can have a flamboyant style and be very moody and intense. In relationships, there is often a push-pull quality. They are very attracted to the falling in love part. The buzz and high of that is very stimulating to them, almost drug-like for them. Their problems come when that buzz wears off. They want to recreate it again and again, but they also have a way of becoming attached and sometimes very dependent on their romantic partners. On the down side, they can be very clingy but don’t want at the same time to lose their freedom. When unhealthy, they can be very selfish in these relationships, things become one-sided in a way that favors the interests of the Seven.

The sexual/self-pres Seven’s addictive behavior with relationships can extend to other areas, like music, and performing in general. The rock star image and lifestyle can be attractive to the sexual Seven. Many rock stars are sexual Sevens the buzz they experience from music can be similar to what they experience in relationships. Creativity can also function as a release of frustration from the boredom.

At this point, I’m leaning towards sx/sp (I think we have a winner!). Bolded all especially true, but again, I feel I’ve become a bit more easy to please or be contented, which for me, is still no small feat.

And the bit I mentioned about needing relationships but also craving what's "out there" and freedom, very often creates inner and outer conflict.

The underlined, clingy, nope. With the rare SO I can and have felt that way, powerfully, but I have way too much pride to become desperate and believe myself to be too understanding to be one-sided. I will let someone go if I feel I’m not healthy for them, even if I don’t want to.

Rock Stars, ha. Too many drugs, too skeezy. Maybe a Rapper? ha

And I pulled this from another post:

I think most people aren’t aware that their secondary instinct is wielded effectively and comfortably, their primary instinct is the one in which they struggle with extremes (a sort of all-or-nothing approach).

strong-willed and energetic (very sx-dom/sx-primary)

(what I mean is that you can look after sp with ease indicating that you’re sp-secondary not sp-primary).

"You build relations quickly and boldly but struggle with the intensity of these, you can be lacking or excessive, you struggle with reaching a happy medium hence the “cold” or “hot” phenomena of an sx-primary."

Stackings in syn-flow (sp/so, so/sx and sx/sp) are drawn toward people, they tend to support and appreciate others, stackings in the contra-flow (so/sp, sp/sx and sx/so) go against people (they tend to themselves above all).

The bold definitely cleared up a LOT of my confusion. I am definitely drawn to people. Even friggin' strangers. Sometimes I'm sad to end a small talk session with the cashier, haha.

Strong-willed, energetic, definitely, as long as I haven't dipped into the unhealthy, even then though, I can be depressed, but light up around people, temporarily forgetting I'm depressed.

"You build relations quickly and boldly but struggle with the intensity of these, you can be lacking or excessive, you struggle with reaching a happy medium hence the “cold” or “hot” phenomena of an sx-primary."

^^^Also, definitely. I feel like the last 10 years of my life have been trying to find a balance. Still not there yet. The first 20ish years, external structure took care of that. Another reason that structure, and routine is critical for me, I think. At least some level of it, I'll always crave the spontaneous, always have an adventurous spirit, but a base to come back to is needed.

Going through all this constructive self-reflection felt a bit like giving birth, as I imagine it. haha, ok maybe a little dramatic, but not exactly easy, but I feel better and a little more self-aware (also, during labor, my spell checking and even thoughts may be off or unclear).

Thanks, D