• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with ENTP for [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION], but I'm also getting so/sx from him too. :thinking: Where's my so/sx squad to evaluate this?? [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you actually believed you've demolished my assertion with one word?

It's just a short hand way of emphatically communicating that your statement about my type was wrong.

I've been professionally tested including a written assessment/test and hour long interview by one of the leading Enneagram practitioners in the world. I have spent a fair amount of time studying this and have given this a great deal of thought over a couple of years including reflection on how this plays out in my daily life. 6w5 resonates with me. 5w6 does not.

I do understand how you might have this perception about my type but in either case, it isn't correct.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with ENTP for [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION], but I'm also getting so/sx from him too. :thinking: Where's my so/sx squad to evaluate this?? [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

From what I understand, I'm sp first and foremost cuz I'm interested in very little if my own needs/health/wellbeing aren't first addressed. I'm rather selfish like that.

definitely sx next as I prefer intimate relationships, one-on-one. For better or worse, that's why I get very intoxicated in my romantic relationships. Attached, even if that person isn't always right.

But even non-sexual relationships. I had a dude roommate once and we were like identical. We would rather hang out at the apartment and shoot the shit and laugh at everything than go out. Kinda hurt my sex life, but it was ok.

so, as I understand it, is more involved in the community and being a "team player." I am neither....though one day hopefully.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The way [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] talks about romantic relationships -- and TV, actually -- make me think sx-first. I don't see a lot of social-last hot/cold, but I could be wrong. (I would definitely not say that social instinct = team player, for the record)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way [MENTION=20955]johnnyyukon[/MENTION] talks about romantic relationships -- and TV, actually -- make me think sx-first. I don't see a lot of social-last hot/cold, but I could be wrong. (I would definitely not say that social instinct = team player, for the record)

Possible.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Possible.
:shrug:

I could see sp/sx because social-lasts are generally more intense IME, so that would explain the strong sx vibe.

Do you relate to the hot/cold concept?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From what I understand, I'm sp first and foremost cuz I'm interested in very little if my own needs/health/wellbeing aren't first addressed. I'm rather selfish like that.

I can see why you'd type yourself that way. :) However, my belief is that almost any E7 will become a chronic whining bitch when they aren't having their needs met. It's not a side of me I'm proud of, but I am self-aware enough to realize that when my needs aren't being met it's going to irritate me to no end until they're fulfilled so then all of the "fun E7 things" I want to do go as perfectly as I dream them to.

And in this regard, as I learn more about the Enneagram and its instincts, I'm starting to realize that sp is less about worrying about those needs as their own entity and is actually more concerned with one's sense of autonomy and self-sufficiency (I know [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION] discuss this a lot). I know both [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and I were talking about what it was like to be sp-last and I remember that a common point we resonated on was that "my friends take care of me more than I do for myself" which I think is actually one of the fears/embarrassments we feel as an sp-last type - being an eternal child always being parented rather than growing up hehe (this shows up differently in her than me though because of the ESTJ 1 flavoring).

I also think that being 7w8 over 7w6 would make you even more of a go-getter and more concerned with your sense of autonomy so that could also add to it. But just from my POV you seem very easygoing and warm for an 8-influenced sp-dom which is why I'm questioning it here in this thread. sp-doms strike me as a little more guarded and cut off because of their desire for self-sufficiency and independence. You have to work harder to earn their trust, while on the other hand an so/sx might be out there proactively engaging others more and becoming everyone's best friend which is what I see you doing a lot even if you're not aware of it. :laugh:

definitely sx next as I prefer intimate relationships, one-on-one. For better or worse, that's why I get very intoxicated in my romantic relationships. Attached, even if that person isn't always right.

But even non-sexual relationships. I had a dude roommate once and we were like identical. We would rather hang out at the apartment and shoot the shit and laugh at everything than go out. Kinda hurt my sex life, but it was ok.

:yes: Well this rings true for so/sx types too (probably even more so than an sp/sx).

so, as I understand it, is more involved in the community and being a "team player." I am neither....though one day hopefully.

Like EJCC said, I would definitely not call the so instinct a team player. It can present itself in that way a lot of the time (especially in ExFx types who kind of go hand-in-hand with the so/sx type). The so instinct definitely involves an awareness of your surroundings. A social-last, like I've seen EJCC and OrangeAppled talk about I think, tends to move in the room more like they're invisible. Not saying being social-last makes people be like YOLO fuck the haters, but they tend to just kinda act as if no one was paying attention to them in the first place. I think the sp-last type is more the kind to go "whatever, fuck it" and do their crazy thing because they already know it's silly.

I think social-doms have a desire for connection and interaction possibly even more so than how the sx-instinct is described (@Hive can check me on this haha). The way you go and put yourself out there and engage people and just seem to want everyone to be happy and get along is what got me thinking so/sx. Yeah being an ENTP and E7 will also make you outgoing but I think you're strangely smiley, happy, and just an all around chill dude for a 7w8 sp/sx. You'd be a lot more combative and biting imo if you were that type.

(I also just got back from an intervention about my friend being sent to the hospital so sorry if some parts don't sound coherent haha)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see why you'd type yourself that way. :) However, my belief is that almost any E7 will become a chronic whining bitch when they aren't having their needs met. It's not a side of me I'm proud of, but I am self-aware enough to realize that when my needs aren't being met it's going to irritate me to no end until they're fulfilled so then all of the "fun E7 things" I want to do go as perfectly as I dream them to.

And in this regard, as I learn more about the Enneagram and its instincts, I'm starting to realize that sp is less about worrying about those needs as their own entity and is actually more concerned with one's sense of autonomy and self-sufficiency (I know [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION] discuss this a lot. I know both [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and I were talking about what it was like to be sp-last and I remember that a common point we resonated on was that "my friends take care of me more than I do for myself" which I think is actually one of the fears/embarrassments we feel as an sp-last type - being an eternal child always being parented rather than growing up hehe (this shows up differently in her than me though because of the ESTJ 1 flavoring).

I also think that being 7w8 over 7w6 would make you even more of a go-getter and more concerned with your sense of autonomy so that could also add to it. But just from my POV you seem very easygoing and warm for an 8-influenced sp-dom which is why I'm questioning it here in this thread. sp-doms strike me as a little more guarded and cut off because of their desire for self-sufficiency and independence. You have to work harder to earn their trust, while on the other hand an so/sx might be out there proactively engaging others more and becoming everyone's best friend which is what I see you doing a lot even if you're not aware of it. :laugh:

:yes: Well this rings true for so/sx types too (probably even more so than an sp/sx).

Like EJCC said, I would definitely not call the so instinct a team player. It can present itself in that way a lot of the time (especially in ExFx types who kind of go hand-in-hand with the so/sx type). The so instinct definitely involves an awareness of your surroundings. A social-last, like I've seen EJCC and OrangeAppled talk about I think, tends to move in the room more like they're invisible. Not saying being social-last makes people be like YOLO fuck the haters, but they tend to just kinda act as if no one was paying attention to them in the first place. I think the sp-last type is more the kind to go "whatever, fuck it" and do their crazy thing because they already know it's silly.

I think social-doms have a desire for connection and interaction possibly even more so than how the sx-instinct is described (@Hive can check me on this haha). The way you go and put yourself out there and engage people and just seem to want everyone to be happy and get along is what got me thinking so/sx. Yeah being an ENTP and E7 will also make you outgoing but I think you're strangely smiley, happy, and just an all around chill dude for a 7w8 sp/sx. You'd be a lot more combative and biting imo if you were that type.

(I also just got back from an intervention about my friend being sent to the hospital so sorry if some parts don't sound coherent haha)

Well golly, thanks for the thought out reply. And some of the nice things you said :wubbie: I honestly haven't studied the stuff that much, I just took like 3 or 4 tests saying I was what I have in my profile. Perhaps I'll look it over some time.

You make perfect sense to me, btw.

And honestly, I don't think I really give a crap if someone doesn't like me (I've been called an asshole many times IRL, I lost count. But a lot of those times are by lovers). And if I'm besties with everyone (obviously tongue in cheek) I certainly don't try to be. However, I do find the good in just about everyone (just about) and I don't like watching unecessary conflict, especially if someone is being picked on (that was me as a much younger Yukon) and I'll happily jump in and diffuse a situation, sometimes IRL at my own peril, sometimes physically. And plenty of people find me abrasive, I think. Or so I've been told, so idunno. :shrug: I keepz it real.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:shrug:

I could see sp/sx because social-lasts are generally more intense IME, so that would explain the strong sx vibe.

Do you relate to the hot/cold concept?

I've certainly been described as "intense" more times than I recall, and hot and cold FOR SURE (but this is most notable in intimate relationships). I'm a lot different in person. Well maybe not a lot, but online, I have the luxury of keeping most of my foibles hidden.

If I'm feeling "cold," online, I just won't post, or my posts may come off as more dickish. Try to keep that to a minimum.

I think what I think, and how I actually come across are two different things sometimes. But that's probably true for everyone.

And the "so" seems like an acute awareness of everyone. I'm generally oblivious to most people, unless they strike me somehow as on my frequency, or if they're having some crisis. A LOT of people on here seem to know me, but I have no idea who they are. Half the time I think it's cuz they changed their damn names.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been professionally tested including a written assessment/test and hour long interview by one of the leading Enneagram practitioners in the world. I have spent a fair amount of time studying this and have given this a great deal of thought over a couple of years including reflection on how this plays out in my daily life. 6w5 resonates with me. 5w6 does not.
I am a 5w6 and I can tell the difference, though don't ask me to put it into words.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Yeah, I know what you mean about that vibe. Open, friendly, affable, easy to communicate with.

The thing is, my ISTP 9w8 little brother is kind of the same way, and I'm pretty certain he's sp/sx. It's really funny because I can't at all see his Soc instinct being higher than the other two, but he's congenial in a way you wouldn't necessarily predict. I kind of wonder if it's a sx-second + Fe combination thing.

IRT highlander's type, I could see 5w6 too (though I'd be more inclined to think e9 first), but then that would make him tritype 539. My dad and brother are both permutations of that tritype (593 and 953 respectively). Based on knowing them, I have a hard time seeing highlander as a 539. His style is noticeably different - more straightforward, more diplomatic, more practical, more stable.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Ha, ok I concede, I'm totally an ESTP.

Or ENTP.

ESTP and ENTP can be hard to tell apart sometimes, unless you see them side by side, or you are one and hang around a lot of the other, that will make it apparent pretty damn quickly. I think a lot of ENTPs are taken for ESTPs.