• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, but tell me what he actually says!!
I could ask him if he'd talk to you

Also why would you think he'd say that? :thinking:
according to him, Sexual 7s are the bubbly, goofball 7s and Social 7s are more serious (even a bit austere)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I could ask him if he'd talk to you

according to him, Sexual 7s are the bubbly, goofball 7s and Social 7s are more serious (even a bit austere)

Do you agree with his assessments?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
for the most part, yes. we have a few disagreements though (particularly on Game of Thrones LOL)

So do you think I'm sx/so mistyped as so/sx?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think sx/so works for me, without being coupled with E7?

no, which is why I'm not settled on it (though I'm increasingly viewing the two together more than separate)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
no, which is why I'm not settled on it (though I'm increasingly viewing the two together more than separate)

Isn't it a bad idea to view them together rather than separately to figure out type, and better to look at them separately and look at how they intertwine together after you figure it out as one way of seeing if it checks out? :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't it a bad idea to view them together rather than separately to figure out type, and better to look at them separately and look at how they intertwine together after you figure it out as one way of seeing if it checks out? :thinking:
depends on which school of the enneagram you're from. the older schools typically like to view the core type and instinctual subtype together rather than separate (especially given the amount they explain when viewed together. [MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] 's thread on Sp 4 is a good example of this and how much more powerful it can be to look at the combined effect of instinctual variant + core type at the same time)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=11809]unsung[/MENTION]

and my point is that this is possibly the most non-Id belief I can think of. Id types are selfish and narcissistic by nature. we want to get as much for ourselves as possible. this is why Social 7 is the only 7 I could see being communist, because it's the "anti-gluttony 7"
I meant that communists want to get rid of money altogether. If there's no money you wouldn't have any desire to aquire it, which is another reason I don't find So last 7 and communism incompatible.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION]
I suggest you read this. frankly, the Sx 4 doesn't sound like you at all. they are insanely aggressive, vengeful and angry and are said to be "the only time which can make the 8 back down".
http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-f...-according-beatrice-chestnut.html#post5788074
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]
you win, 7 sounds right for you, but Social 7, not Sexual 7

That was a good read, thank for that. I btw consider it a compliment that you feel that's not me at all - you have no idea :hug:

You've stumbled upon something I..tend to keep to myself. My dark side if you will. I do experience all the feelings described there and when I was younger I did express them.

The only thing I do not relate to is the entitlement to put it on others or being shameless about it as that stuff gets caught in my empathy filter. I always felt sick (and still do) when I did that because of the hypocrisy (and I *HATE* hypocrisy - my Ne is paranoid about it and checks all angles it can get a hold of anxiously all the time). I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of that. I am not always able to curb it and often it is more of a 'lament to the world' than a direct targeting of others which I try to avoid. And if I target someone and I'm aware of what I'm doing but unable to stop, I'll apologise while raging to show that I...am aware of what I'm doing and I am *trying* to address it. The worst is feeling justified in the moment, then ashamed after.

In that same vein, I associate this hypocrisy with competition - as well as feeling superior in any way - and therefore stay away from it as far as I can. The only place I cannot turn it off is in the dating arena. Even there though, I find ways to disable the jealousy, envy and competition as ultimately, that stuff doesn't matter and I *know* that so I can cope with that till they vanish on their own - or better yet, I transform and channel them into something productive to improve upon myself. I seriously refuse to be ruled by my emotions anymore - I've done the chaotic being tossed about by intense emotions and while I enjoy the roller-coaster ride, I try to be in the drivers seat nowadays. The only one I'm still taming is Fear.

Also, keep in mind I'm 497 sx-so. The So and the 9 might just have a lot of impact on my not wanting to express my anger - too much. Usually, I strive to only go as far as (hopefully) righteous indignation. I also very much relate to the advice given at the end - it is the only way forward and what I share with others who I notice going through the same thing - because believe me, I'm hyperaware of it in others due to being so..intimately familiar with that shit myself.

Iow, I try and rule that side of mine with an iron fist as it isn't fair to others to have to deal with my emotional waste. I don't like being taken for granted as a (emotionally) toxic waste bin either, so why would I do that to others if I can prevent it?

As for the 8 comment....why do you think I have such an appetite for them? They're the ones who can *TAKE* this side of me without backing down or even blinking. I can rely on them not putting up with it while also appreciating it without judgement. If they're not happy about it, I can be sure that they'll let me know instead of ignoring me or avoiding me. And vice versa, btw. I enjoy a good 8 show of power - it rarely scares, annoys or intimidates me.

In fact, often it's something that'll actually make us take a second look at each other. It's liberating not to have to feel guilty for this crap and to give them the same license when they're with me - a moment to stretch their legs.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
ENFP who actually has decently developed Fi for once. I don't think you are mistyped amar.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP who actually has decently developed Fi for once. I don't think you are mistyped amar.

Thnx. I paid for it heavily though in Te backlog - and the real world is not amused at that unfortunately. Working to catch up to that now.

Jaguar

I see no inconsistency in Amar's self-typing at all. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
When Amar got pissed off at me, the paint peeled off my message wall from the fire coming out of her nostrils.

Lol.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see no inconsistency in Amar's self-typing at all. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
When Amar got pissed off at me, the paint peeled off my message wall from the fire coming out of her nostrils.

Lol.

Amar *is* working on the delivery of such things. Without losing impact, of course.

:wink:

ziggy

Hey, does anyone know any test that is more advanced/likely to be correct than the Jung personality test? I scored INFP but I don't think it's really all that correct. thanks if you answer:)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, does anyone know any test that is more advanced/likely to be correct than the Jung personality test? I scored INFP but I don't think it's really all that correct. thanks if you answer:)

My test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]

Are you like the 5 INFPs in this video?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dropping myself off here and coming out as INFP. Been fighting it for a while I think. 6 tendency is to get group consensus but I'm feeling all right about this one. Have realized that I probably mistake Soc for Ne a fair amount. Apologies for endless introspecting in the guise of ENFP. Live and learn...