User Tag List

First 159209249257258259260261269309359 Last

Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 7026

MBTI
    ENFJ

There are a lot of types that do not use Te much.

And the INFPs would not accept me into their fold. I kept trying to organize their forum and they got mad.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    There are a lot of types that do not use Te much.
    What is your point? You said you were INTJ. I see no evidence of Te.

I gave my opinion of what I believe your type is. You might not be INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post
    KDude: I know 3 ESTPs in real life and they're definitely not emotional retards. Maybe except for my uncle. People always think of him as a egotistical jerk, but maybe he's not even ESTP. But the other 2 are women, and they can deal with people very skillfully. So I don't think having social grace is a trait that doesn't belong to ESTP.

And what's PoLR? I saw it in Socionics but confused everytime seeing people use it.
    For the record, I'm not an egotisical jerk either Just put me in some situations, and I might get a little tunnel vision and just do what I want. I know it's not cool.. and it's comes out less than when I was younger. It's hard to make sense of if I was a "Fi/Fe dom" or "Fi/Fe aux" though.

I don't know exactly what PoLR stands for, but every type has a weak spot in Socionics apparently. It's the "4th function", if you were to look down on any type's lists of functions. For example, IFPs are Te PoLR. ITPs are Fe PoLR. For ETPs, it's Fi (except Fi is defined somewhat differently there too.. it's best to check it out on it's own terms, I guess. Go to http://www.wikisocion.com... Or, we could just follow Edgar's advice and call it voodoo).

Arrow

OK, it stands for Point or Place of Least Resistance (PoLR).

I'll have to think on this more myself..

The vulnerable function is also called the Point or Place of Least Resistance (PoLR) or sensitive function. The element in this function creates a feeling of frustration and inadequacy. A person does not understand the importance of this element entirely, and it can easily lead to painful consequences if not adequately considered.

However, to directly engage this function creates feelings of frustration and inadequacy. Often an alternative approach may be found from the view of the mobilizing function. Because of the psychological disincentives to using the vulnerable function, people usually try to ignore information related to it, and in extreme cases do so even in situations where it is most relevant. Even with a theoretical understanding of how this element works, it is difficult to turn it into practical norms of behavior. One can "develop" the vulnerable function by recognizing that it is actually important in certain real-life circumstances. Even if the subject recognizes this, he will still usually try to avoid taking responsibility for it himself, or develop a minimalist or non-traditional approach (possibly using other functions) that is enough to satisfy one's own needs. The presence of a dual usually dissolves any concern there might be about how to approach matters of the vulnerable function.

Some examples:

A type with Fe PoLR does notcsee the point of activities revolving around excessive displays of emotion or behavior that does not reach a concrete or tangible outcome. They would rather keep conversations serious and to the point, for he/she is overwhelmed by such emotional expression, making it quite difficult to express themselves. In social interactions they will make a serious effort to reduce their level of emotive expressiveness such as being too joyful or sad, believing that showing these signs will make them vulnerable to be influenced by others. They don't hold quite a high standard for how people as a group feel about something (even if outnumbered by many when making a personal decision), and instead value situations where they can speak their own subjective opinions and feelings freely.

A type with Ne PoLR has a difficult time understanding ideas that seem new or novel, especially when it has no tangible effect on their lives. Leaving little to chance, they are able to plan out their lives for years ahead of time. This results in difficulties handling unexpected problems in their lives that put a halt on their usual pursuits, and they tend to fear all the possible "what-if's" when those problems prevent them from seeing a clear future. When unsure about something, these types can either avoid making any changes at all or making too quick and reckless of a decision, either of which resulting in missed opportunities.

A type with Si PoLR has little patience for sitting back and focusing on how they can physically better themselves in the moment, especially if they are involved in what they view as a very important matter. They would much rather try to act on their long-term priorities instead of their physical comfort, resulting in problems such as an inability to be aware or care about present realities, failure to realize the physical or mental strains they are placing on themselves, and being generally unable to relax and take the focus off of their long-term pursuits.

A type with Te PoLR tends to reject facts given from a source which they are personally unfamiliar with, firmly believing they can make their own decisions that are solely based on their own perspective and reasoning about it. They will tend to become defensive when questioned about their rationale or efficiency, pointing out that there is no such thing as objective "fact". Also, these types experience a significant level of stress in tending to day-to-day must do's and responsibilities in life (like routine maintenance or working productively), manifesting itself as a general laziness or hyper-diligence.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

KDude: I know 3 ESTPs in real life and they're definitely not emotional retards. Maybe except for my uncle. People always think of him as an egotistical jerk, but maybe he's not even ESTP. But the other 2 are women, and they can deal with people very skillfully. So I don't think having social grace is a trait that doesn't belong to ESTP.
    This is actually a very good point.

If I use the term "emotionally retarded", I mean "has difficulty making decisions with my emotions, in lieu of logic/facts."
    There is no way I am socially inept.
    I love people, I love crowds, and I love interacting with both and keeping them entertained, and making things happen.
    That is second nature to me.

And what's PoLR? I saw it in Socionics but confused everytime seeing people use it.
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    For the record, I'm not an egotisical jerk either Just put me in some situations, and I might get a little tunnel vision and just do what I want. I know it's not cool.. and it's comes out less than when I was younger. It's hard to make sense of if I was a "Fi/Fe dom" or "Fi/Fe aux" though.
    That happens to us all when we are stressed, whetehr consciously or not, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't know exactly what PoLR stands for, but every type has a weak spot in Socionics apparently. It's the "4th function", if you were to look down on any type's lists of functions. For example, IFPs are Te PoLR. ITPs are Fe PoLR. For ETPs, it's Fi (except Fi is defined somewhat differently there too.. it's best to check it out on it's own terms, I guess. Go to http://www.wikisocion.com... Or, we could just follow Edgar's advice and call it voodoo).
    Nice!

FWIW, I still think I am ESTP, just my very own iteration of being a Promoter.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Well, I suppose that I might as well ask. Does anyone want to take a swing at my type?

KDude: I know 3 ESTPs in real life and they're definitely not emotional retards. Maybe except for my uncle. People always think of him as an egotistical jerk, but maybe he's not even ESTP. But the other 2 are women, and they can deal with people very skillfully. So I don't think having social grace is a trait that doesn't belong to ESTP.
    It seems strange that people would even think this. ESTP seems to be the stereotypical type under which younger males are expected to act; "socially retared" definitely isn't the word that I would use to describe them. It actually seems more likely that a young INFJ would have trouble with being liked by others than an ESTP of the same age.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It's not your avatar. It's the content of your posts. You won't take action with your problems. You have an emotional argument when people give you sensible advice.

I would honestly guess INFP.
    I take action with my problems and I'm for sure an INFP . I try to deal with them in the best way possible in order for the best outcome.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    ENFJ

No, if you're an INFP, you can't take actions for your problems, like me
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

;-D. Oh buga .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    OK peeps.

Instead of shit slinging let's change topic.

Anyone think I'm not an ESTP?
    Your Se is ridiculously visible. The only other types I could possibly consider for you are ESFP and ENTJ, and both are pretty remote possibilities given that your analytical style seems (to me at least) to fall along Ti lines rather than Te.

I think you're probably just a very driven ESTP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole