User Tag List

First 157207247255256257258259267307357 Last

Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 7139

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you're more J than I am, but I also less E than you are... I think that you're totally an ESTP... just a slightly different variation
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    OK peeps.

Instead of shit slinging let's change topic.

Anyone think I'm not an ESTP?

My P/J are almost balanced (52/48).
    My N/S score is approximately 40/60 (respectively).
    I'm a 7w8, no doubt about that.

This comes up as a result of a discussion of my potential Socionics type, and that it might be different than ESTp.

It would be interesting to hear what the good peeps of TypC think.

Thanks for your insights.

-Halla
    I always thought you were a little too "cooperative" instead of "utilitarian" (as per Keirsey) for an ESTP, and now that you say your J and P are very close, it makes sense.

Socionics is voodoo science, btw. I always suggest people should steer clear of it.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

OK peeps.

This comes up as a result of a discussion of my potential Socionics type, and that it might be different than ESTp.

-Halla
    In Socionics, you could be an ESFp or even ESTj (ESTjs are not like MBTI ones btw). ESTp maybe, but it'd depend if you were "Fi PoLR" .. i.e. Not too aware of emotional distance with others. For example, you'd be inclined to plow with Se over people or intrude a little on conversations.. or even just need a regular dose of verbal confirmation (Fe) from another person to know exactly where you stand with them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

NT Central is probably less explicitly Thinker than just about any other forum that I’m aware of. Sciforum, Gamefaqs, Physicsforum, Gamespot, Macforums, Historum, and even 4chan seem to give off much more of an NT vibe. I can’t help but believe that several Ts are actually mistyped Fs, especially the males, who would be more pressured to type themselves as Ts. Someone actually mentioned that the NTs in this thread are actually less NT than the women. Another astute INTP from INTP Central mentioned that we might as well change Typology Central’s name to NF Central, and no one would complain. I’m inclined to agree with both of these statements. I mean, can you imagine the same level of attention being given to social harmony on any of the examples that I listed above? How about Gamefaqs or Physicsforum?
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'd object to it being called NF central... I'm an ST
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you're more J than I am, but I also less E than you are... I think that you're totally an ESTP... just a slightly different variation
    An expert has spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I always thought you were a little too "cooperative" instead of "utilitarian" (as per Keirsey) for an ESTP, and now that you say your J and P are very close, it makes sense.
    I'm cooperative because I'm professional and polite.
    I can be a real motherfucker when needed.
    There's just no cause for that here.
    My Dad is an ESTJ, by the way.
    Retired Army Colonel, type-A hostile, old school American male.
    I likely picked up some of his "J-ness."

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Socionics is voodoo science, btw. I always suggest people should steer clear of it.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    In Socionics, you could be an ESFp or even ESTj (ESTjs are not like MBTI ones btw). ESTp maybe, but it'd depend if you were "Fi PoLR" .. i.e. Not too aware of emotional distance with others. For example, you'd be inclined to plow with Se over people or intrude a little on conversations.. or even just need a regular dose of verbal confirmation (Fe) from another person to know exactly where you stand with them.
    I'm emotionally handicapped, that is a fact.
    I have to look at the Socionics ESFp and ESTj types to know more.

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

An expert has spoken!
    takes one to know one

yeah... I wonder from time to time if I'm the only Type B personality ESTP on the planet... though the STP part comes out glaringly when touring haunted houses, I found... I continually scan the environment for threats (aka people who will pop out and go "boo!" at me) and spend the whole time in hunter mode

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, I said " cooperative as per Keirsey", which has its own definition instead of the regular meaning of the word, which is "gets along with people". It implies more deference to established rules over purely practical approach. SJs and NFs are cooperative, and SP and NTs are utilitarian. But as I'm sure you'll agree, an SJ can be "a real motherfucker" just like an SP, even though SJ is a "cooperative type".

Speaking real motherfucker SJs. One of my friends is an ISTP - his dad is former Marine Corps drill sergeant ESTJ. I never seen this ISTP be late for ANYTHING. Quite remarkable really. But his promptness didn't really make him any less of an ISTP - his goals, motivations, outlook on life, etc were all that of an ISTP.

So it is possible you are "full fledged" ESTP but test close to J because the test questions are not tailored to your personal experiences, and in alternative, it is possible you are actually ESTx, as you test. This of course leads to that whole nature vs nurture argument, and frankly, mental masturbation is the domain of INTPs, so I bid my leave on this topic.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

OK peeps.

-Halla
    IMO, you're as ESTP as anyone can be. In theory, we're given a set of four main functions, all of which contains one of each T/F [Judging] and N/S [Perceiving] dichotomies. As an ESTP, you've developed your tertiary Fe and inferior Ni to the point where the general characteristics associated with J vs. P, and N vs. S are blurred. They also have the same interaction style [In Charge] as ENTJs, making them even more similar from the outsider's perception. Internally, they can be quite different.

Assigning a percentage to the individual letters (E/I, N/S, T/F, J/P) isn't very helpful when understanding which aspect has been developed. For instance, someone may test as 45% T and 55% F, but it doesn't tell us the type of thinking or feeling that it involves. Is it extroverted feeling (Fe)? Or introverted feeling (Fi)? Te or Ti? That person could have been an E_FP with strong Te, or an I_FJ with strong Ti. And the possibilities goes on.

I realize this potentially confusing for people who aren't familiar with it, but SimulatedWorld (now on PersonalityCafe) does a good job explaining the J vs. P divide. However one may think of him, he's absolutely correct on this part:

Many people test borderline P/J because that letter describes only the attitude of our strongest extroverted function! This is especially confusing for Introverts because IxxP types are Perceivers, yet dominant in Introverted Judgment (Fi/Ti), while IxxJ types are Judgers, yet dominant in Introverted Perception (Ni/Si!)

The truth is that both Ps and Js value organization--the only difference is whether that structure and focus on organization is manifested externally (for Js) or internally (for Ps.)

So just remember this: Js need externalized structure in their relationships with others and the outer world (Je), but they maintain far more open and flexible private attitudes that are not easily evident to others without getting to know them (Pi.)

Ps need internalized structure in their personal identity and internal decision-making systems, so they define strict rules for organizing the self (Ji), but maintain much more open and adaptable methods for dealing with others and the external world (Pe.)

MBTI's use of the question, "Are you more organized or more laid back?" simply doesn't cover the P/J dichotomy in enough depth, so many people never figure out whether they're P ("disorganized") or J ("organized"). It's just not that simple--both are organized and both are disorganized; it's a question of direction.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Halla, I think, is most likely an ESTP. Unless I'm confusing him with someone else. Which is likely.

I tried a new type-me thread but it isn't working. So, anyone think I'm not an INTJ?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge