• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Permabanned
Oh noes!!!111oneoneeleven

You not ESTJ, what's happening in this place?
Yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneonoen!!1eleven You've done it! Finally!!!

Wait for it...

wait for it.....

G

garbage

Sorry for just now getting to this, Starry :(
I feel it is stupid that I am disqualified from earning bonus points...merely because I've seen you typed as everything under the sun.
That absolutely makes sense. In fact, you get bonus points for making that observation.
When you finally arrived at ENFJ though... I was totally doing the Hava Nagila at a small party I put together in honor of the occasion.
Everyone all holding hands in a circle and dancin' around? I approve. I have a soft spot for hippies. Thank you for throwing a party in my honor.

Some thoughts.
  • While I do join groups when they seem to be fun, interesting, or productive, I have no group loyalty. I'll drop them almost immediately, if I haven't outright made any commitments (because breaking promises is a bad thing), when I feel like I've extracted all the juice they have to offer me.
  • Smalltalk is bullshit. So is beating around the bush.
  • I also stay in touch with virtually nobody, though I do believe in the power of networking from a mostly utilitarian standpoint. Even then, I'm kinda bad at keeping up. I'll remember that such-and-such a guy said before that he might have a contracting opportunity in October; and so in October I'll delve into my email inbox, try to find his name and our conversation, and ring him up again.
  • While I give a damn about other people and would never step on their toes to get ahead, and while I have an instinctual loyalty to my closest friends, I ultimately want to pursue my own interests.
  • I'm a pretty happy, optimistic person, and it shows; but I'm actually very private. Though, I regularly take on interviews and opportunities for exposure. So long as the exposure doesn't run uncomfortably deep.
  • I ain't crapping all over the ENFJ idea, but I'd be more comfortable if others' perception of the type wasn't so skewed. Not so bothered by it; but it has outright killed some discussions.
  • eNxJ is pretty plausible. I've apparently given off ENFJ and ENTJ 'vibes' from a variety of places--the latter as mostly correlated with, say, Socionics; and in real life. ENTJ would be heresy, and if I were to claim it, I'd better have my flame retardant suit ready. :popc1:
But why 3w4 as opposed to 3w2 I wonder? And why not so/sp? hmmm....
I honestly have no idea where w2 keeps cropping up, but I do get it a lot. I've never had codependency issues, but I've had major compulsions to keep to myself.

It seems as though I commonly give off the impression of so-first. I feel as though I'm much more reserved, private, disconnected, and brooding in real life. It's as though to the extent that I interact, those traits are shoved by the wayside. And I can interact.

3wX so/sp is, like, a politician archetype, which doesn't fit me at all. sx- or so-last is almost a coin toss. From here,
Self-pres/Social

This subtype is the most reserved and introverted of the subtypes of enneatype Three, and possibly the hardest worker. They generally put a great deal of effort into their work, excelling at whatever they choose to do. They usually do what it takes to rise to the top. There is a strong desire to excel, although the areas chosen may differ widely from one Three to the next. These Threes are competitive in a quiet way. On the high side, they can be very generous with what they have learned and acquired. The driving motivation for their hard work comes down to their fear of not being good enough.
and
Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype also focuses on material success but is overall less concerned with status. These Threes often try to do it all, be the perfect mother or father for instance, while working many hours, and maintaining relationships with friends and family. This subtype is prone to double and triple booking the hours of the day. [...] Their focus is not naturally in the social arena, so this can unnerve the self-pres/sexual Three.
fit extremely well.

edit: oh my god this was a long post. I had to go back and organize it. I had a compulsion.

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where does the W2 come from? Probably from silly thinking about typology. I've seen enough of that on this forum to last me a lifetime.

If you're an ENFJ then, most likely, your enneagram is 3w2. If your enneagram is 3w4, however, you're most likely an ENTJ.

Starry

Sorry for just now getting to this, Starry :(

That absolutely makes sense. In fact, you get bonus points for making that observation.

Everyone all holding hands in a circle and dancin' around? I approve. I have a soft spot for hippies. Thank you for throwing a party in my honor.

Some thoughts.
  • While I do join groups when they seem to be fun, interesting, or productive, I have no group loyalty. I'll drop them almost immediately, if I haven't outright made any commitments (because breaking promises is a bad thing), when I feel like I've extracted all the juice they have to offer me.
  • Smalltalk is bullshit. So is beating around the bush.
  • I also stay in touch with virtually nobody, though I do believe in the power of networking from a mostly utilitarian standpoint. Even then, I'm kinda bad at keeping up. I'll remember that such-and-such a guy said before that he might have a contracting opportunity in October; and so in October I'll delve into my email inbox, try to find his name and our conversation, and ring him up again.
  • While I give a damn about other people and would never step on their toes to get ahead, and while I have an instinctual loyalty to my closest friends, I ultimately want to pursue my own interests.
  • I'm a pretty happy, optimistic person, and it shows; but I'm actually very private. Though, I regularly take on interviews and opportunities for exposure. So long as the exposure doesn't run uncomfortably deep.
  • I ain't crapping all over the ENFJ idea, but I'd be more comfortable if others' perception of the type wasn't so skewed. Not so bothered by it; but it has outright killed some discussions.
  • eNxJ is pretty plausible. I've apparently given off ENFJ and ENTJ 'vibes' from a variety of places--the latter as mostly correlated with, say, Socionics; and in real life. ENTJ would be heresy, and if I were to claim it, I'd better have my flame retardant suit ready. :popc1:
I honestly have no idea where w2 keeps cropping up, but I do get it a lot. I've never had codependency issues, but I've had major compulsions to keep to myself.

It seems as though I commonly give off the impression of so-first. I feel as though I'm much more reserved, private, disconnected, and brooding in real life. It's as though to the extent that I interact, those traits are shoved by the wayside. And I can interact.

3wX so/sp is, like, a politician archetype, which doesn't fit me at all. sx- or so-last is almost a coin toss. From here,
Self-pres/Social

This subtype is the most reserved and introverted of the subtypes of enneatype Three, and possibly the hardest worker. They generally put a great deal of effort into their work, excelling at whatever they choose to do. They usually do what it takes to rise to the top. There is a strong desire to excel, although the areas chosen may differ widely from one Three to the next. These Threes are competitive in a quiet way. On the high side, they can be very generous with what they have learned and acquired. The driving motivation for their hard work comes down to their fear of not being good enough.
and
Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype also focuses on material success but is overall less concerned with status. These Threes often try to do it all, be the perfect mother or father for instance, while working many hours, and maintaining relationships with friends and family. This subtype is prone to double and triple booking the hours of the day. [...] Their focus is not naturally in the social arena, so this can unnerve the self-pres/sexual Three.
fit extremely well.

edit: oh my god this was a long post. I had to go back and organize it. I had a compulsion.

garbage, I appreciate this long post - so much. I haven't had a chance to read it yet in a meaningful way...but I will soon and look forward to doing so and responding. Something else...something rather foul and pathetic has now distracted me...and in this way I'm extremely glad someone with a blue name is here to perhaps offer me some guidance unrelated to personality theory...

Where does the W2 come from? Probably from silly thinking about typology. I've seen enough of that on this forum to last me a lifetime.

If you're an ENFJ then, most likely, your enneagram is 3w2. If your enneagram is 3w4, however, you're most likely an ENTJ.

Mal, you are non-existent to me. From the moment you unfortunately arrived here I have found you to be ridiculous, issued, offensive and profoundly lacking in insight. And because I consider it a waste of my time to read your posts...I admit, it has taken me a while to catch onto the fact that you have been following me around the forum in an attempt to discredit me. Jealous some?

I need to further educate myself with regards to the new forum rules...but I believe we have some sort of 'restraining order' now that we can invoke. I will look into that. But I am asking you to stay the fuck away from me. You disgust me.

G

garbage

Something else...something rather foul and pathetic has now distracted me...and in this way I'm extremely glad someone with a blue name is here to perhaps offer me some guidance unrelated to personality theory...

Mal, you are non-existent to me. From the moment you unfortunately arrived here I have found you to be ridiculous, issued, offensive and profoundly lacking in insight. And because I consider it a waste of my time to read your posts...I admit, it has taken me a while to catch onto the fact that you have been following me around the forum in an attempt to discredit me. Jealous some?

I need to further educate myself with regards to the new forum rules...but I believe we have some sort of 'restraining order' now that we can invoke. I will look into that. But I am asking you to stay the fuck away from me. You disgust me.
As much as I appreciate the dialog, you're not gonna like my guidance. I would recommend the 'ignore' feature for someone you feel to lack insight and whose posts you consider a waste of time to read.

I was the one who questioned w2, and I stated that a lot of people had seen that in me--so he's not denigrating you here. Moreover, it's also more likely that Mal responded to my inquiry not because you posted, but because he and I had been interacting in other threads just minutes before he posted here.

Anyhow, that's all I want to say publicly about this one. Please let's not let this continue here.

Starry

As much as I appreciate the dialog, you're not gonna like my guidance. I would recommend the 'ignore' feature for someone you feel to lack insight and whose posts you consider a waste of time to read.

I was the one who questioned w2, and I stated that a lot of people had seen that in me--so he's not denigrating you here. Moreover, it's also more likely that Mal responded to my inquiry not because you posted, but because he and I had been interacting in other threads just minutes before he posted here.

Anyhow, that's all I want to say publicly about this one. Please let's not let this continue here.

Why would I not like your guidance with regards to the ignore feature? Or more accurately...what makes you believe you have the ability to predict how I will respond in a certain situation? So much so that you feel you can publicly assign that negative response to me as if it were some certainty? Is authority getting the best of you?

I ignore unvaluable information naturally...but I actually appreciate the reminder with regards to the ignore feature as I do forget it is even an option. But I absolutely do not appreciate someone that knows so little of me... acting as if they have some sort of intimate access into the nature of my thoughts. And this would be just as true had you predicted correctly.

I apologize, I asked for your guidance because my past experiences with the mods here have all been extremely positive and left me with the overall impression that there was a code of neutrality. Totally didn't know that in this case I was dealing with...not only a mind-reader...but a 'situation reader' as well. I personally like to look a little deeper into an issue...maybe ask a few questions...take a look at some evidence prior to telling someone they're wrong on an open forum...but that's just me. And now I will leave you to go and seek out a non-omnipotent mod for some additional guidance.

Thanks.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I actually hope no one calls me out here, but after Nights and Days accused me of not being an INFJ it got me thinking about how much I would hate to be one of those annoying mistypes "who feeds their own ego to the point of being willing to lie to themselves". soo first of all I doubt anyone cares about me enough to actually analyze my super contradicting and obnoxious personality (save for Alea_iacta_est who is great!) so if you really strongly feel that I am not an INFJ, I guess you should probably tell me :shrug: I didn't type as INTP because outside I seem like much more a feeler

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I actually hope no one calls me out here, but after Nights and Days accused me of not being an INFJ it got me thinking about how much I would hate to be one of those annoying mistypes "who feeds their own ego to the point of being willing to lie to themselves". soo first of all I doubt anyone cares about me enough to actually analyze my super contradicting and obnoxious personality (save for Alea_iacta_est who is great!) so if you really strongly feel that I am not an INFJ, I guess you should probably tell me :shrug: I didn't type as INTP because outside I seem like much more a feeler

From first impressions: SFJ.

L

LadyLazarus

Wow I'm being quoted now(diediediemystupidthread),I feel so special like a snowflake...so this is what INFJ's feel like...

In all seriousness though, I do admire your honesty/strength with yourself in bringing up this issue,it may sound weird but I am actually kind of proud of you in a sense,this is a very good first step.
I guess I am getting through to some people somehow!:)yay:)

It is hard to see yourself for what you truly are but in the end,it will only help you grow.

Regarding your type, I'm no expert but based on this,I agree with Chanaynay.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] yea that was me. What makes you say im So?

I was more poking fun at the comment, "for all those who live under a rock." :alttongue:

Although to be fair it's probably a phrase you'd expect most from a social-dom. Social-seconds aren't usually as concerned with gathering or displaying their knowledge of social situations and social-lasts don't even dare try to make it seem like they're in-the-know; they probably get told they live under rocks more than they do tell other people.

I mean, that's all a generalization. But that's what comes with first impressions.

Edit: PS you can edit your posts and then select the delete option if you wanna get rid of a double post.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved a bunch of posts to OT. You know the drill.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Going to second ENFJ for Amargith.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram