User Tag List

Page 242 of 687 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 6866

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #2411
    Energizer Bunny Array Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    And your conclusion makes no sense, because I did not say that INFPs are the only type who do not question the theory. I didn't say no INFPs ever question the theory either. It's a perception bias that some around here carry & like to purport as fact.

    Typical response from an NTP though - latching onto some nonexistent claim and making ridiculous, unfounded statements to back an idea that had no basis in reality to begin with.
    Typical response from someone not being taken seriously: assume they are being taken seriously and make a bunch of character judgements and stereotypes based on that assumption

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Tsk, tsk...I think this is also a trait of SJs, not just Ns,but I suppose you're saying that if I were ESFP it wouldn't be the case. I tend to agree, actually, simply based on my personal experience with SFPs.

    Thanks!
    well, correctness yes, conciseness sometimes, meta rarely if ever.

    I was just demonstrating a point though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    because the eight cognitive functions as theorized by Jung are scientifically proven to exist, to be mutually exclusive, and to span the entire domain of thought when taken as a complete set

    oh

    wait
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  2. #2412
    Magical Array BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I want those who believe the ENPs who frequent this site, who are, in fact, to them ESPs to explain their thoughts/rationalizations.

    Unless someone is uncertain of their type, and they ask for help, I really have a disdain for those who view themselves as typology experts criticizing other people's types.

    If you are self-aware enough, and you take the test, you will come out as a type that, according to the parameters, and according to how well you identify with it, will be your MBTI type.

    I think it is presumptuous and PUSSY to exclaim that "many self-proclaimed" EPs on this site are Ss instead of Ns, and yes, BlackCat, I am talking to you.

    I don't doubt my type, and neither do most people on this site, but I am sticking up for my EP brethren who you basically told and implied don't know themselves, and are lying to themselves and to us by claiming to be something they are not.

    I realize when you first joined you were an INFP and then you switched to ISFP, perhaps you are close on the S/N dichotomy, but don't project your own confusion on others.

    Many of us ENPs find solace here, a place where we can be accepted and understood for the weirdos we are.

    So, please, oh wise one.

    Tell us which ENPs, are in fact ESPs.

    I'm sure they'd love to hear your "insights".

    -SS
    Wow, way to jump to conclusions and accusations. What gives you the authority to patronize me (and others on here) like that, all based on a few assumptions without proof about a post? Projecting my own confusion???? I didn't tell ANYBODY that they didn't know themselves, tell me where I did.

    All that I was attempting to do was to get you guys to think outside of the box and consider that some of these "Ns" on here may in fact be Ss. With a couple of examples to help.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

    RCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #2413
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    But that is not to say that, because everyone is unique in some regard, that they cannot be more or less accurately categorized in a system like MBTI (not to say that MBTI is at all accurate.)
    Hi Orangey, seen any rotting rice around the forum?
    Let's just play a quick game of what-if.

    There are 3 working theories on the tert function attitude alone.
    Because of this, it doesn't make a lot of sense to claim only one profile description for an alleged ENFP when other possibilities exist.

    The three theories are as follows:

    #1

    E I
    I E
    I E
    I E

    #2

    E I
    I E
    E I
    I E

    #3

    E I
    I E
    E/I I/E
    I E



    Theory #1 assumes the Dom is so strong it needs the other 3 functions to oppose in attitude, just to achieve balance.
    Theory #2 assumes balance merely by having the perceiving and judging function attitudes alternate.
    Theory #3 assumes balance by allowing the tertiary to operate in either an extraverted or introverted attitude-interchangeably- depending upon the situation.

    You might get a mental picture of some very different people, yet all are allegedly ENFP.
    ( I favor theory #3 for its inherent flexibility. That is not the theory MBTI uses.)

    Just to throw out some ideas - what would an ENFP who prefers Tert Te think like compared to an ENFP who prefers Tert Ti?
    What about an ENFP who "uses" Te and Ti interchangeably?
    Would any of it matter, and to what degree?

    I'm not expecting concrete answers to the above questions.
    I'm merely throwing out information to get people to begin thinking.
    Ignoring possibilities isn't exactly a route to discovery.

    I have spoken to several MBTI coaches over the last decade who are against forcing people to choose a type that doesn't fit.
    They have no problem being honest with people and telling them, "Look, MBTI doesn't work for everyone."

    For people to claim what someone's type is with cock-suredness, is just a sign of ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    There are as many if not more Ts who make such arguments against MBTI around here.
    True.

    Let's review: MBTI was created by an INFP.
    INFPs are also one of the most common types to be interested in typology.
    One of my favorite authors on typology is a self-proclaimed INFP.
    Her name is Naomi Quenk. An insightful clinical psychologist who has used type theory in practice for many decades.
    She's a great read -always looks for all the possibilities and the positive potential, rather than taking the pathology approach that so many negative people are known for.
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

  4. #2414
    Blah Array Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Hi Orangey, seen any rotting rice around the forum?
    Let's just play a quick game of what-if.

    There are 3 working theories on the tert function attitude alone.
    Because of this, it doesn't make a lot of sense to claim only one profile description for an alleged ENFP when other possibilities exist.

    The three theories are as follows:

    #1

    E I
    I E
    I E
    I E

    #2

    E I
    I E
    E I
    I E

    #3

    E I
    I E
    E/I I/E
    I E



    Theory #1 assumes the Dom is so strong it needs the other 3 functions to oppose in attitude, just to achieve balance.
    Theory #2 assumes balance merely by having the perceiving and judging function attitudes alternate.
    Theory #3 assumes balance by allowing the tertiary to operate in either an extraverted or introverted attitude-interchangeably- depending upon the situation.

    You might get a mental picture of some very different people, yet all are allegedly ENFP.
    ( I favor theory #3 for its inherent flexibility. That is not the theory MBTI uses.)

    Just to throw out some ideas - what would an ENFP who prefers Tert Te think like compared to an ENFP who prefers Tert Ti?
    What about an ENFP who "uses" Te and Ti interchangeably?
    Would any of it matter, and to what degree?

    I'm not expecting concrete answers to the above questions.
    I'm merely throwing out information to get people to begin thinking.
    Ignoring possibilities isn't exactly a route to discovery.

    I have spoken to several MBTI coaches over the last decade who are against forcing people to choose a type that doesn't fit.
    They have no problem being honest with people and telling them, "Look, MBTI doesn't work for everyone."
    Haha, no rotting rice in sight, unfortunately. And I get your point, which is why I added in parens that MBTI wasn't necessarily one of those systems that encompasses everyone accurately at all. Call me an optimist, but I'm just not willing to rule out the possibility that sooner or later there might be a system that is comprehensive (or at least more so than what we are currently working with.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #2415
    Reason vs Being Array ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    ^^ Great post Jag

    I don't think any of the theories fits what I believe my own preferred function usage to be though, assuming I've understood it correctly on a quick reading. I'd just like to see people using it as a descriptive system - if it works for you and helps you get in touch with your own or others' thinking, and facilitate communication and self-knowledge, great. If it doesn't, stuff it; it's not helping anyone, no matter how interesting and internally coherent the theory may be in itself. It's only as good as its applicability in practice
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  6. #2416
    Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Typical response from someone not being taken seriously: assume they are being taken seriously and make a bunch of character judgements and stereotypes based on that assumption
    I'll take that weak, hypocritical response which fails to actually counter my point as a concession. It's always a "joke" when you're flat out wrong, isn't it?
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

  7. #2417
    Fail 2.0 Array BlueScreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Which is frequently the case. One of the silliest things I have read in this forum was Elaur's post.
    She never revealed the person's name, but someone contacted her in private and said:

    "We have to correct your type."

    Simply ridiculous.
    I got the same when I started. I was arguing something in one of the NF threads then was told I had to be an ENTP over PM. I didn't mind it though. I actually found it interesting, except the certainty part.

    I did tell marmalade I thought she was an ESFP... . (Obviously she isn't.)
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  8. #2418
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    ^^ Great post Jag

    I don't think any of the theories fits what I believe my own preferred function usage to be though, assuming I've understood it correctly on a quick reading. I'd just like to see people using it as a descriptive system - if it works for you and helps you get in touch with your own or others' thinking, and facilitate communication and self-knowledge, great. If it doesn't, stuff it; it's not helping anyone, no matter how interesting and internally coherent the theory may be in itself. It's only as good as its applicability in practice
    Those three working theories are commonly known/used in the type community.
    By no means do I think that's all that's possible. When it comes to the human psyche, I think anything is possible.
    And just because something-or someone- deviates from a known theory, doesn't make them unbalanced or unhealthy.
    I've mentioned that before, elsewhere in the forum.

    I agree with you - use what works for you and throw out what doesn't.
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

  9. #2419
    Intriguing.... Array Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Everyone in the last few pages is so STJ that it makes me sick!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  10. #2420
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Everyone in the last few pages is so STJ that it makes me sick!
    NO!

    I am an ESFJ. Get your shit straight.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6537
    Last Post: Today, 01:57 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •