• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] the way you described music sounds really Fi. Finding meaning is also important for Fi users, I know some of Kelly Clarkson's songs and they are definitely full of emotionality. She expresses the different sides of feelings, but it's less about meaning and more about putting out emotions. The reason why I dislike pop culture and pop music, is because the interprets are not real. They all are linked, governed by their managers, they are told what to say, what to do, what to wear. The element of human's individuality is totally pull off from mainstream music, just because of making more profits. It's kind of sad, that music is no longer presetned as the form of art, where the artist could present and express himself, but it's rather used just as another form of business. And that's what mainstream culture is about...business. But I am not interested in business, I am interested in art. The real and true art. Kelly Clarkson went out as the winner of American Idol, these people have no chance to say anything. They are just a products of a TV show. The influence can be latter smaller, but it's hard to change once you're put in the box by the eyes of audience.

wow.

such hipster.

so underground.

81qyN1y.jpg

Standuble

That would require more imagination than I can muster.

I don't think you should admire the INTs (if they were the demographic you mentioned in the previous posts.) IN types are far more likely IMO to spend the next fifty years as a janitor than an ISFJ is. They have quite the double or bust set-up and many members of the types in question go home empty handed so to speak. FWIW I think you're quite a good thinker (you speak on here with more precision than I do) and there is plenty to farm. For instance if you consider yourself an average Joe why not write a novel or autobiography about being one with satirical elements? I find that presenting the everyday in a new light can be thought provoking in its own right.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't think you should admire the INTs (if they were the demographic you mentioned in the previous posts.) IN types are far more likely IMO to spend the next fifty years as a janitor than an ISFJ is. They have quite the double or bust set-up and many members of the types in question go home empty handed so to speak. FWIW I think you're quite a good thinker (you speak on here with more precision than I do) and there is plenty to farm.

Well I just meant generally, abstract thinkers. I suppose you could say INT's fit that bill. But I think a lot of types have that capability.

I think the biggest challenge right now, is keeping a clear head around people. I think better alone and best of all while walking, with people I get sucked into Fe-ism too much and it makes me a sellout of my character and what I really think of something.

But perhaps that's an Si - Ti loop.

B

brainheart

IN types are far more likely IMO to spend the next fifty years as a janitor than an ISFJ is.

This is likely the truest thing I've ever read on this forum. My family:

INFP bro: works at Subway
INTP bro: pizza delivery
INFP me: unemployed. Worked customer service jobs. Sells things on etsy every once in awhile.

ISFJ sis: clothing designer, entrepreneur
ISTJ dad: accountant, small business owner
ESFP sis: well paid nurse
ENTJ bro: professor/ director of a news department

Standuble

This is likely the truest thing I've ever read on this forum. My family:

INFP bro: works at Subway
INTP bro: pizza delivery
INFP me: unemployed. Worked customer service jobs. Sells things on etsy every once in awhile.

ISFJ sis: clothing designer, entrepreneur
ISTJ dad: accountant, small business owner
ESFP sis: well paid nurse
ENTJ bro: professor/ director of a news department

It's unfortunate that we all suck so much. I think there is a way out of the abyss for most INs but not in the ways that make them interested/engaged/fulfilled/happy. I have my doubts that there are any happy endings for these types of people.

B

brainheart

It's unfortunate that we all suck so much. I think there is a way out of the abyss for most INs but not in the ways that make them interested/engaged/fulfilled/happy. I have my doubts that there are any happy endings for these types of people.

I think you just need to accept you live on an alternate plane. So you're smart and good at abstraction and all that but broke? So it is. Life isn't a career. Just do the things that use your strengths and make you fulfilled but don't expect any money for them. Then you'll be like Henry Darger. Everyone in his life saw him as a custodian but he was truly something else.

Standuble

[MENTION=7140]brainheart[/MENTION] - Thanks. I have just watched the video. Unfortunately my opinion from coming away is that there was nothing happy about the guy's life and that his inner world could not negate the strain caused by unmet existential needs. Spending decades writing one 15,000 page novel strikes me as a coping mechanism or a way to manage the chaos around him by streamlining it into a medium he could understand and utilise.

By the way do you know what type he was? I initially thought INFP (perhaps an aspie one) but his approach to faith struck me as more INTJ. I don't know about his enneagram, perhaps 1w9 as his internal world seemed to pain good and evil as black and white (with the good being congruent with his own beliefs.)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I disagree. I've seen many older INxx & IxFP who are not making a ton of money, but they are doing things they love & are happy. Most do work vaguely related to their interests & strengths. If money is less important, this is actually EASIER to do. If you didn't find a romantic partner young due to WEIRDO, then you're also not bogged down with family responsibilities that may lead you to take the steady janitor job.

I've yet to meet one older INFP I'd call a "loser" in any sense of the word; most are super cool, doing their own thing with integrity. I also don't know one who is rich and successful in business, but those people are often miserable anyways.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I disagree. I've seen many older INxx & IxFP who are not making a ton of money, but they are doing things they love & are happy. Most do work vaguely related to their interests & strengths. If money is less important, this is actually EASIER to do. If you didn't find a romantic partner young due to WEIRDO, then you're also not bogged down with family responsibilities that may lead you to take the steady janitor job.

I've yet to meet one older INFP I'd call a "loser" in any sense of the word; most are super cool, doing their own thing with integrity. I also don't know one who is rich and successful in business, but those people are often miserable anyways.

This immediately made me think of New York Times fashion photographer Bill Cunningham, there's a great documentary about him on Netflix. He's obviously successful, but only because every aspect of his life is about doing what he loves.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I know of the notion that type can be correlated to career.

But I have yet to see the evidence in my own life or those of the people I know. All I see is unhappiness and people stuck in systems they had no more choice in than they had the choice in being born.

And then realising that self-pity is my only childish outlet, because ultimately I relate this selfishly through myself. And I lack the wisdom, vision or drive to change it.

I would probably think I see it as it is, but I know that is a lie. But I do know I cannot see potentials any more than I can see the past...it's just the dry funeral-drum beat of the now...ticking.....

idkman24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I await the day that my name is on this thread. I'm one of the most untypable people I know.

idkman24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are you an INFJ then? Ho ho

Being IN is suffering.

Actually, I've sort of traveled all the way up (or laterally?) to INFJ.

Tested as INTJ when I was first introduced to MBTI. Then, an ENTP came and tore my world apart, thought I was ENTJ. Then, a friend of mine (he claims to be ENFP, but I'm almost certain he's an SFP) thought ISTJ, then ESTJ, then both thought ESFJ, then both realized that dom-Fe is ridiculous for me, (meanwhile, I'm sticking to my guns of being INJ), then, I thought I was INFP for a minute, then after lots of studying and talking on PerC, I came the conclusion that I'm an INFJ. ENTP girl admits that I'm most probably an INJ (though she leans INTJ), and guy (who is stubborn as all hell) called me ISFJ, and is now back at ISTJ.

The way to get him to admit I'm INFJ is to say "OMG I'M DEFINITELY AN Si-DOM, Si-DOMs ARE THE ISH." He'll hate that I'm happy in my ISTJness, then, to stir up the pot, he'll call me INJ.

Yep. He and I aren't really friends anymore due to MBTI. Prescription, prescription, prescription. I'm EXTREMELY difficult to understand. My parents say so, my best friends say so, I'm the definition of EXTREMELY independent and private. People who try to label me with "you are x way" tend to be wrong and frustrate themselves and me. My dad is like this too, so I live with it everyday, but my SFP friend is the KING of this. Also, my unhealthy INTJ best friend is like this as well, but at least he admits that I don't give him much to work off of. That goes to those that I see DESERVE to get to know me better.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I keep getting typed as ESFJ by people lately, so I'll just drop myself off here. :shrug:

R

Riva

I keep getting typed as ESFJ by people lately, so I'll just drop myself off here. :shrug:

People are probably confusing esfj due to you being a So/Sx 6w7. So gives a definite Fe vibe (especially if it's followed by Sx) and enneagram 6 makes introverts appear extroverted and extroverts appear introverted.

However if you post a pic it would be easier for people to type you.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Who typed you as ESFJ? You don't strike me that way.

A few on here have mentioned it over the last few months. Most recently was Mal+'s beta test. People at Personality Cafe as well. I think it's that people on both sites have said it that surprises me. I am sort of bothered by it - not by ESFJ, I think if ENFP weren't an option I might identify as ESFJ, it's not like it's far off - but just by a lot of people telling me I'm something different. I still think ENFP is a better fit, but it's interesting to me that I get typed consistently as something else. I guess it's the so/6 vibe.

People are probably confusing esfj due to you being a So/Sx 6w7. So gives a definite Fe vibe (especially if it's followed by Sx) and enneagram 6 makes introverts appear extroverted and extroverts appear introverted.

However if you post a pic it would be easier for people to type you.

Yeah, exactly. I think so too, typewise. Too private for a picture though :blush:

I think it's interesting that so/sx strikes you as more Fe than so/sp. I always thought so/sp was the particularly warm-but-regulated, formal-ish, Fe-ish variant. You get more of a Fe vibe from so/sx?

You are an ESFJ like I'm an INTJ.

:laugh:

I saw your type change and was wondering!

R

Riva

Yeah, exactly. I think so too, typewise. Too private for a picture though :blush:

I think it's interesting that so/sx strikes you as more Fe than so/sp. I always thought so/sp was the particularly warm-but-regulated, formal-ish, Fe-ish variant. You get more of a Fe vibe from so/sx?

You see So/Sp as Fe ish?

The NFJs I know tend to dig deep and get to know people at a deeper level. Infact most of the time the types that have attempted to read me before I do by digging deep have always been NFJs and one ISFJ Sx/So. Anyway digging deep definitely has an Sx touch to it and So/Sps if anything don't dig deep nor do they allow people to dig deep into them.

^ that was what I was going to end my post with; but then I realized your statement about So/Sps being warm but regulated and formalish has an undeniable Fe touch to it.

So ending my post I must confess your statement seems more accurate than mine, the NFJs I knew could have been Sx doms or aux, I am slightly disappointed with myself for not being able to convince you to post a pic and I secretly laughed at you assuming you really believed that I was trying to make you post a pic to help others type you :tongue:.