User Tag List

First 140190230238239240241242250290340 Last

Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 7026

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    What do you have against Polynesian whores?
    enfp love
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

There is such indeterminacy in typing one's self that it seems ludicrous to think that you can accurately do it for someone else based on information provided on an internet forum. Even when it has been solicited and is exchanged in a friendly manner.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

i'm type A-

thank you for asking. orangey, i think you're O-

am i right?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    There is such indeterminacy in typing one's self that it seems ludicrous to think that you can accurately do it for someone else based on information provided on an internet forum. Even when it has been solicited and is exchanged in a friendly manner.
    INFP

(word choices & style, previous choices indicate - INP)
    (wants to believe everyone is a special snowflake, doubts legitimacy of typing overall, repeats what has already been said in order to express agreement - F)

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

You don't think though that when it comes to certain personality traits - notably external ones/behaviors - that outsiders aren't sometimes able to be more objective than you yourself?

I would agree outsiders can't possibly know the inner workings/thought processes, or even motivations, but I do think an outsider would be in a better position to label whether someone was utilizing Te more than Fe, for example. Or Ne vs. Se. I mean, mbti is just a categorical system, anyway - it's not the end all be all. So I guess I've never been offended when others have pointed out something about me... I'm more like, 'Huh? Really?' Now, I may not agree, but it would be interesting to me, as a lot of it can boil down to differing perceptions. So, with that, we also all have different ideas of what constitutes each particular personality type.

As for myself, I guess I've always tended to default my personality type to what everyone else views me as, because for one I don't particularly care, and for another thing, I tend to believe I am not in a position to be completely objective in terms of assessing my own personality -- *in terms of mbti categories* -- although I would agree with those saying it's ludicrous to think strangers can know you better than you yourself do. I'm not trying to contradict myself, I swear. I know who I am better than anyone else does, BUT I may not be in the best position to objectively place myself into one of 16 categories.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Why is the goal in typing yourself to be objective? It's a preference system isn't it?

"Do I prefer hawaiian or pepperoni pizza? I think I prefer hawaiian but I'll have to ask my friends (or random people on the internet) just to be sure..."
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    INFP

(wants to believe everyone is a special snowflake, doubts legitimacy of typing overall, repeats what has already been said in order to express agreement - F)

i'm cool with the opinion of strangers if they seem to know a lot of people or are the same apparent type themselves. not mention if they can discuss mbti well. some people's conceptions are pretty odd tho, and i don't know if they can. it might not even be their fault either. for example, not everyone understands Fi exactly (they hear the words "feeling" and "values" and might conjure up images of Betty Crocker and teddy bears..and it's due to bad wording).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    INFP

More ENTP propaganda. :rolli:

There are as many if not more Ts who make such arguments against MBTI around here.

Let's review: MBTI was created by an INFP.
    INFPs are also one of the most common types to be interested in typology. Clearly, we buy into these categories happily.

And that's not even what Orangey's post was saying. She's just saying it's ridiculous to type an anonymous stranger online, especially considering it's hard enough to type yourself. Nothing about uniqueness or questioning the theory.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm clearly an ESFP.

Everyone stop humoring me.