User Tag List

First 139189229237238239240241249289339 Last

Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 7100

  1. #2381
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,050

    Default

    because it's annoying when people argue for 5 or so pages back and forth like that... they should take it to each other's walls or pms... especially when it's something totally lame like someone else arguing with someone about THEIR type for that many pages... after a couple of posts it should be clear to the accuser that the argument is pointless
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  2. #2382
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    So, and think carefully about this; whose problem would that end up being? The analyst's, or the analysand's?
    Both..?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    because it's annoying when people argue for 5 or so pages back and forth like that... they should take it to each other's walls or pms... especially when it's something totally lame like someone else arguing with someone about THEIR type for that many pages... after a couple of posts it should be clear to the accuser that the argument is pointless
    oh.. fair enough yeah, after a couple posts sure, but people here are sounding like if you come across as the least bit confident in your analysis that you might as well have called their mother a polynesian whore.

    P.S. JACK FLAK I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN

    WHY'D YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING FOR EVERYBODY?!?
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  3. #2383
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    ok, but there is a difference between 'I don't want to talk about this anymore, so please stop asking' and pages and pages of 'I TOTALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE WOULD EVER QUESTION ANYONE'S TYPE AND PEOPLE WHO DO THAT OR WOULD WANT TO DO THAT ARE IDIOTS AND I HATE THEM'
    True. For context, I am thinking about people who go around like it is their mission in the world to tell others that they are mistyped and carry on page after page arguing about it, when it is obvious that the person is not interested in hearing the unsolicited opinion. In my short time here, I have already read some of this, though I can't recall specific threads or members to cite examples.

    Making an honest suggestion is one thing, but if they aren't receptive there is no point in continuing and it is just annoying after that.

  4. #2384
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    True. For context, I am thinking about people who go around like it is their mission in the world to tell others that they are mistyped and carry on page after page arguing about it, when it is obvious that the person is not interested in hearing the unsolicited opinion. In my short time here, I have already read some of this, though I can't recall specific threads or members to cite examples.

    Making an honest suggestion is one thing, but if they aren't receptive there is no point in continuing and it is just annoying after that.
    ok.

    thank you.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  5. #2385
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Both..?

    oh.. fair enough yeah, after a couple posts sure, but people here are sounding like if you come across as the least bit confident in your analysis that you might as well have called their mother a polynesian whore.
    What do you have against Polynesian whores?

  6. #2386
    Energizer Bunny Resonance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    What do you have against Polynesian whores?
    A restraining order.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

  7. #2387
    Post-Humorously stalemate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    A restraining order.



  8. #2388
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Both..?
    Correct. If you think someone's being defensive, doesn't understand themselves, or whatever the hell, you always have the option to just give it a rest. If someone doesn't want to hear you, whether it's their problem, yours, or a mixture of both, there's not much to be gained from harping on about it, is there? Unless the analyst has an ego-fixation on being right, in which case... rinse and repeat my previous statement on this.

    Edit: looks like I've essentially restated Stalemate's post, ah well!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  9. #2389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Unless the analyst has an ego-fixation on being right
    Which is frequently the case. One of the silliest things I have read in this forum was Elaur's post.
    She never revealed the person's name, but someone contacted her in private and said:

    "We have to correct your type."

    Simply ridiculous.
    Think.

  10. #2390
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

    "We have to correct your type."
    Why do you think people do this? Do they find security in it? Are they baiting an argument? It doesn't matter whether they know someone's type or not, or whether it's assessed. And how could you possibly know what someone's type is based upon a few things they've written? I've been on this website long enough to know that there have been people of all varying types, with all varying behaviors, with all varying modes of thought and opinion. While there maybe trends, you cannot use a trend to define the essence of a single person, because a single person does not accurately reflect a trend. This is also why no one should use typology as an end-all be-all to forming opinions about groups of people, because there are so many other underlying factors besides someone's type.

    People who do this don't want to get to the nutmeat with interpersonal things. They don't seem to care to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :(
  • :cry:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :shock:
  • :huh:
  • :shrug:
  • :blush:

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6892
    Last Post: 07-20-2017, 01:20 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO