Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 7139

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Nothing for me. I must be really isfp.
    Yup

Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I want those who believe the ENPs who frequent this site, who are, in fact, to them ESPs to explain their thoughts/rationalizations.

Unless someone is uncertain of their type, and they ask for help, I really have a disdain for those who view themselves as typology experts criticizing other people's types.

If you are self-aware enough, and you take the test, you will come out as a type that, according to the parameters, and according to how well you identify with it, will be your MBTI type.

I think it is presumptuous and PUSSY to exclaim that "many self-proclaimed" EPs on this site are Ss instead of Ns, and yes, BlackCat, I am talking to you.

I don't doubt my type, and neither do most people on this site, but I am sticking up for my EP brethren who you basically told and implied don't know themselves, and are lying to themselves and to us by claiming to be something they are not.

I realize when you first joined you were an INFP and then you switched to ISFP, perhaps you are close on the S/N dichotomy, but don't project your own confusion on others.

Many of us ENPs find solace here, a place where we can be accepted and understood for the weirdos we are.

So, please, oh wise one.

Tell us which ENPs, are in fact ESPs.

I'm sure they'd love to hear your "insights".

-SS
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I won't retype, but I think that INFP guy here who's a firefighter is making an awesome use of whatever Se he has.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    There are so many NPs on this site who are SPs, particularly a lot of the "ENPs" here. It makes a lot of the information posted not really reliable.
    without saying names and reasons this post means even less than opinion posts about others usually means.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

It would be really nice if some people in this forum would stop using type to club others over the head, like a weapon.
    If anyone has a problem allowing others to be who they want to be, go see a shrink and shut the hell up.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I won't retype, but I think that INFP guy here who's a firefighter is making an awesome use of whatever Se he has.
    I totally agree, BRMC128YE2, whatever its name is, is awesome.

I think it's a dude, I saw pics and it was a dude, but I thought I read somewhere that s/he had a boyfriend, so maybe it's a girl, or better yet, maybe he is a gay firefighter...

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    without saying names and reasons this post means even less than opinion posts about others usually means.
    How very ESP of you to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    It would be really nice if some people in this forum would stop using type to club others over the head, like a weapon.
    I agree, wholeheartedly.

For some internet stranger to assume she, or he knows some other internet stranger better than that person knows themselves is ridiculous, obnoxious, pathetically presumptuous, and, hmm, kinda disgusting.

If anyone has a problem allowing others to be who they want to be, go see a shrink and shut the hell up.
    In general, I absolutely agree with what you are saying, let people be/become that which they want to be.

But, there is a thin line here, I do not like the idea of accepting and fostering delusion in myself or others.

I dunno, it's weird.

I don't want to be an ENFP, I just am.

There are a whole lot of other things I want to do and be, but that is irrespective of my personality type.

The reason why I even got into MBTI is due to the fact that when I took the test when I was 21, and came out as ENFP, and read the profile, I was astounded by how fucking accurate the profile fit me, and when I did some research, especially on personalitypage.com it was damn near frightening how much of myself I found in the description.

http://personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

Since the first time, I've taken different tests at different times, which have all come out as ENFP, accept for two times when I came out as INFP, (I can be uber-introverted sometimes, so this makes sense.)

Sorry, lost my train of thought, but.

I get kinda baffled by those who come here and who DON'T identify with their "type" :confused:

Understandably, there is much variability among each type, but still.

On a personal level, because I deeply value both integrity and self-awareness, it frustrates me when people cannot be honest to themselves while taking an anonymous self-assessment test!

But, I also firmly believe that some, hell, perhaps a lot of people will simply not strongly identify with any of the 16 archetypes.

/End rant

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Default not a call for papers, exactly

Since a disclosure seems necessary, maybe this thread is the right place to mention that if anyone in good faith wants to suggest considerations for me regarding type, functions, enneagram(!), anything I am interested in hearing your thoughts. Certainly doesn't have to be in this thread, though. Add please, no clubbing unless its like dance clubbing or something.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    For some internet stranger to assume she, or he knows some other internet stranger better than that person knows themselves is ridiculous, obnoxious, pathetically presumptuous
    Yeah, this. . I mean, I don't have any issue with anyone putting forth their opinion when asked, especially when it's lighthearted and fun, but the whole "you're obviously not an XXXX" thing is just ridiculous. Especially when the only available information upon which to make such a proposition is a few internet posts. I mean, really? I won't pretend to have any ability to classify others in such a way and fully admit that others can do so better than I... but not to make a definitive and unimpeachable decision on the basis of internet posts alone. Especially when loaded (as it always seems to be) with "I'm better than you" connotations.

I get kinda baffled by those who come here and who DON'T identify with their "type" :confused:

But, I also firmly believe that some, hell, perhaps a lot of people will simply not strongly identify with any of the 16 archetypes.
    Yeah -- some people really just "fit" better than others, I think. I know that in my case, it's more that when I read about certain types I see traits characteristic of certain types in myself. It's more of a "I'm like X a lot, mostly like Y, but also kinda like Z, and not like 1, 2, or 3".

In the end, it's not like the type itself really "matters", if we internalize the idea that others aren't coming from the same perspective that we are and that all may not be as it seems to us. That alone is the most important thing to take out of the whole "type" concept, I think.

Anyway, go ahead and "type" me if you feel like it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On a personal level, because I deeply value both integrity and self-awareness, it frustrates me when people cannot be honest to themselves while taking an anonymous self-assessment test!
    I value both, as well. But our opinions about testing, oppose.

It is not even remotely unusual to read people complaining that their answer to a test question was actually "both" or "neither."
    Now what does that say about the "integrity" of the test itself?
    It tells me the tests are not reliable for determining type.

It does no one any good if their options are so limited, the individual is forced to answer untruthfully.
    And unfortunately, it happens a lot.

It is no secret that, for decades, MBTI has come under fire for using forced-choice questions in their testing.
    In addition, many questions used to determine type are biased toward certain function-attitudes.
    I have always noticed the F questions leaning more toward Fe than Fi.
    And at the risk of making BC's case for him, I do have to bring up this article:

Another concern of mine is that we know that the Form G currently under-reports SPs. Stephanie Rogers, who is doing her dissertation on SPs, has hypothesized that many of the sensing questions on the current Form G are biased toward introverted sensing. As a result, her research indicates that extraverted sensors tend to select the intuiting responses rather than the sensing responses, therefore, creating the under-reporting of SPs. To my knowledge, the committee that developed the Form M did not take into consideration the function-attitude perspective. As a result, I am very concerned that the bias toward particular function-attitudes still exists.
    The New MBTI®: What Would Isabel Say?

I posted that since I happen to think the tests are biased towards several function-attitudes, and they produce misleading results. And I'm not just referring to alleged SP's.

I could make a case that those who highly value truth, fairness, and justice are selecting a T response, rather than an F response.
    Why? Many F questions are biased toward Fe, while a big Fi type who personally values truth, fairness, and justice has no choice but to choose the T response.

See the pattern?

Frankly, I think the tests stink.
    To even think Fi types can be tested with Fe questions, or Se types with Ne questions, is nothing short of absurd.
    People really need to take a closer look.

Give my best to Z, SS.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I posted that since I happen to think the tests are biased towards several function-attitudes, and they produce misleading results.
    That's my problem with MBTI tests.

Reading the questions, I can't imagine many of the SPs I know testing as S.... and if I went by tests, then I'd be identifying as INTP :horor:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe