• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, keep gorging on Keirsey's literature and good luck to you.

I don't know where that comes from. Maybe I should start writing my book so I can some day join you on your ivory tower and understand things better.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
So I'm starting to wonder if [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] is a mistyped Sx dom. I see almost nothing sx about this person. Looking back at her posts she said this in a thread about limerance (deep connection with someone that happens almost instantly)....

Well, just to balance the load here, this hasn't really ever happened to me, at least romantically speaking. I'm apparently one of those "anti-sexual" sexuals, though.

She said it in this thread...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/64062-sx-doms-limerence-2.html

Then she said this....

It's mostly good, but...
Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
Sp activities:

-Working
-Going to college to further ones education for career purposes
-Maintaining security
-Maximizing comfort
-Maintaining ones health
...what would you classify the bolded as? I think I maximize my comfort by staying out of the rain and cold, wrapped up in a blanket and eating chocolate cake, but I am eminently certain I am not sp-first. I'd go into more detail for those.

That, and not all sexuals have sex. Other than that, it's a fair summary of the instincts.

So she basically said here that she's not that into sex either. I just see a lot of incongruities here and it makes me question as to whether this individual is truly an sx dom.

Oh by the way, she said that in this thread...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/64078-what-activities-you-would-associate-each-enneagram-variant.html

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I'm starting to wonder if [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] is a mistyped Sx dom. I see almost nothing sx about this person. Looking back at her posts she said this in a thread about limerance (deep connection with someone that happens almost instantly)....

She said it in this thread...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/64062-sx-doms-limerence-2.html

Then she said this....

So she basically said here that she's not that into sex either. I just see a lot of incongruities here and it makes me question as to whether this individual is truly an sx dom.

Oh by the way, she said that in this thread...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/64078-what-activities-you-would-associate-each-enneagram-variant.html

I typed as sx-last for a very long time because of this, till I figured out that "having sex" isn't what the sx-instinct is about. If you're thinking it is, sorry...but it's more about the "spark"--which doesn't have to be sexual at all. In fact, as you also know, some manifestations of instincts are the "anti" form of that instinct; my reasons for being this way I have already discussed with you.

If you have another recommendation, please let me know what it is.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Dunno about Sanjuro specifically, but I'm positive that my asexual friend is sp/sx. No, she's not sx-dom but with the importance you place on having sex for the sx instinct wouldn't that make her sp/so instead? I'm certain there are plenty of other ways for an sx type to get that connection, that intensity, that attraction, etc. Just putting that out there.

The response in the limerence thread, though, is questionable. I know that feeling all to well and so do the fellow sx-doms I know (as well as mostly everyone in that thread).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I typed as sx-last for a very long time because of this, till I figured out that "having sex" isn't what the sx-instinct is about. If you're thinking it is, sorry...but it's more about the "spark"--which doesn't have to be sexual at all. In fact, as you also know, some manifestations of instincts are the "anti" form of that instinct; my reasons for being this way I have already discussed with you.

Dunno about Sanjuro specifically, but I'm positive that my asexual friend is sp/sx. No, she's not sx-dom but with the importance you place on having sex for the sx instinct wouldn't that make her sp/so instead? I'm certain there are plenty of other ways for an sx type to get that connection, that intensity, that attraction, etc. Just putting that out there.

The response in the limerence thread, though, is questionable. I know that feeling all to well and so do the fellow sx-doms I know (as well as mostly everyone in that thread).

Now again, I know that some SX doms may not be that into sex (it's rare, but it exists). However, I'm just not feeling Sanjuro as an Sx dom who has never had a strong spark with anyone, or just instantly feels a strong sense of chemistry with anyone (friend or potential lover). This is so sexual last that it just plain hurts.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't feel like i'm any more into sex than non sx people.

i am into intense energy and connection and highly aware of it...i can feel the sexual energy from others constantly...actually i can't not feel it.

so...that's not really the same as me being into sex as it is just feeling that energy very strongly.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Now again, I know that some SX doms may not be that into sex (it's rare, but it exists). However, I'm just not feeling Sanjuro as an Sx dom who has never had a strong spark with anyone, or just instantly feels a strong sense of chemistry with anyone (friend or potential lover). This is so sexual last that it just plain hurts.

What else about her seems sx-last? The limerence thing makes sense to me because it's basically an overwhelming desire for that intense, quick emotional connection with someone, I was just saying that the lack of a desire for sex doesn't entirely prove someone isn't sx. But I'm fer sure open to any other points both of you may have about it. :D

(Also it's not really relevant, but I'm sx/so and I've gone out into the rain with a tank and flip flops just because the warm clothes I had available I felt were ugly HAHA)

To quote something from a page [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] linked me a while ago:

as a special mention due to recent discussions, warmside so/sp (strongside soc) borrows a pinch of sx-first energy from their sx/so shadow to keep sp influence in check in favor of a dominant soc. the result of this shadow access is a noticably warmer, more lively so/sp style, as the name suggests.

Could this possibly be what you're thinking about [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]'s case?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What else about her seems sx-last? The limerence thing makes sense to me because it's basically an overwhelming desire for that intense, quick emotional connection with someone, I was just saying that the lack of a desire for sex doesn't entirely prove someone isn't sx. But I'm fer sure open to any other points both of you may have about it. :D

(Also it's not really relevant, but I'm sx/so and I've gone out into the rain with a tank and flip flops just because the warm clothes I had available I felt were ugly HAHA)

To quote something from a page [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] linked me a while ago:

Could this possibly be what you're thinking about [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION]'s case?

haha i will totally wear something impractical but cute over the reverse....i have gotten dressed to go the park and play tennis...decided on the way i hated it and stopped to buy something else...i've also gon home at lunch to change if i hate my outfit or stop buy and buy something else...i just can't feel like that all day if that makes sense haha

but...it's not like i'm high maintenance...i get dressed quickly etc...don't put a whole lot of effort etc but i have to feel comfortable in it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
haha i will totally wear something impractical but cute over the reverse....i have gotten dressed to go the park and play tennis...decided on the way i hated it and stopped to buy something else...i've also gon home at lunch to change if i hate my outfit or stop buy and buy something else...i just can't feel like that all day if that makes sense haha

but...it's not like i'm high maintenance...i get dressed quickly etc...don't put a whole lot of effort etc but i have to feel comfortable in it.

Nah, I totally feel that. It's why I don't really like warmer clothes - they generally make me feel more suffocated and withdrawn than clothes I wear in the summer. Just having an outfit on that "feels right" can make my whole day feel better because I felt more like myself when I was with other people. :newwink:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I'm re-evaluating my opinion of her because she just said in the limerance thread that she can bond with close friends of the same sex very quickly. This seems a bit more sx to me. However, if she is an sx dom, she's a wierd ass sx dom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I remember someone here who kept insisting, in post after post aimed at me, that sx means "has sex." Was that you?

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Summary of SX instinct

primary concern - intense experiences, connections, and contacts, wide-ranging and exploratory, in order to find something to “complete” them inside (sky diving, deep conversations, exciting movies)
primary focus - people and attractions promising intense energy and charge
primary ambition - looking outside themselves for the person or situation that will complete them, and then obsessing over that completing element
primary stresses - lack of intense mental or emotional stimulation, lack of an intense connection or experience
coping methods (unhealthy) - scattered attention, lack of focus, sexual promiscuity, intensely avoiding intense experiences and connections with a fearful and dysfunctional attitude toward sex, intimacy, and other intense “completing” experiences, as is skewed by the secondary instinct

Maybe this is the case with @Sanjuro, if she considers herself unhealthy? I don't know how accurate this summary is, and I'm not familiar with this person at all, but I remember reading a post of hers that seemed very sx 4.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think Ivy is a guardian! Deleted my damn picture like a grudge.

sort of like how everybody thinks their mother is an ISFJ, everybody thinks the madmins here are SJs when they get their crap removed.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sort of like how everybody thinks their mother is an ISFJ, everybody thinks the madmins here are SJs when they get their crap removed.

What if someone is convinced on of y'all is an SJ with no content vendetta to speak of?

Also, there needs to be some sort of forum PSA to get people past the whole sensorism thing.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What if someone is convinced on of y'all is an SJ with no content vendetta to speak of?

Not a problem. It just helps if it's not based entirely on information gathered while being moderated. You'd have to know more about me than "she removed one of my precious posts!" And I've investigated the possibility pretty thoroughly myself, so it's not like it would be something shameful- but I have a little more info about myself than some guy who is just mad about being moderated.

Also, there needs to be some sort of forum PSA to get people past the whole sensorism thing.

Agreed. I didn't mean to imply there's something wrong with being typed as SJ, but for a lot of especially INTPs (this happened A LOT on INTPCentral) SJ is shorthand for "someone I don't like."

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Agreed. I didn't mean to imply there's something wrong with being typed as SJ, but for a lot of especially INTPs (this happened A LOT on INTPCentral) SJ is shorthand for "someone I don't like."

I don't know that it happens very much any more, but it happened a lot when I first joined. At one point, I created a thread determined to root out "secret ESFJs" for the LOLs (this was more recently.). Currently, I changed my type there to ESFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know that it happens very much any more, but it happened a lot when I first joined. At one point, I created a thread determined to root out "secret ESFJs" for the LOLs (this was more recently.). Currently, I changed my type there to ESFJ.

This forum is all about getting more and more LOLs for you, isn't it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This forum is all about getting more and more LOLs for you, isn't it.

Actually, no, it isn't. That's more what I use the other forum for. I actually find i have more intellectual discussions and "self finding" stuff going on here... I think the typological diversity helps, instead of always bumping up against everyone else's inferior Fe.

If you're upset about the Black Knight thread, I'm sorry if I was harsh, but I did find the thread kind of ridiculous. It wasn't a power game or anything, it was just that I thought the concept was ridiculous. I suppose I did not give enough consideration to your feelings, and I apologize. Sometimes with stuff like that, I focus too much on the ideas presented, and the actual person who believes in them kind of recedes into the background.