• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well but, if I was INFJ, wouldn't I seem a lot like other INFJ's? People use that as a reason for me not being INTP, that I don't seem like any other INTP they've met. However, I don't recall offhand more than once or twice an INFJ on here has said they really relate to what I've written, but that's happened lot with NTP's. I could still be one, but that's inconsistent.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] I don't think you're really that much like anybody I've ever seen (except maybe some people in the Lightworkers community and similar humanity-healing groups), but if it's about which type(s) are closest to you or fit you best, you seem a lot more like the NFs than any other type.

I remember last year in 2012, people made lots of comments in your threads about how all of your spirituality and soul-seeking was very NF (and then people got tired after awhile of telling you the same thing).

If necessary, I can do a bit of necromancy to bring these things into context, but I'll do it on your go-ahead.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well but, if I was INFJ, wouldn't I seem a lot like other INFJ's? People use that as a reason for me not being INTP, that I don't seem like any other INTP they've met. However, I don't recall offhand more than once or twice an INFJ on here has said they really relate to what I've written, but that's happened lot with NTP's. I could still be one, but that's inconsistent.

I know an ISFP on here who comes across on the forum as ISTJ.

Whodathunk? :shrug:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone just suggested INFJ for me, and so I was thinking about it again. I don't think I really seem like any of the INFJ's on here. My sense of humor seems different, they seem to me to be far more socially conscious, and I am much less private. I wonder if I remind anyone of INFJ's? I'm still not ruling it out, although I think more things point toward other conclusions.

I'd stipulate to INFJ. Otherwise, I think youre so/sp, rather than sp first. The energy of the so variant may be why you think youre a perceiver.

Lark

I'm thinking the most popular types on this forum are bi polar and boarderline at the moment

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember last year in 2012, people made lots of comments in your threads about how all of your spirituality and soul-seeking was very NF
You do have a point.
(and then people got tired after awhile of telling you the same thing).
I don't need to hear the same thing over and over. I need to hear new arguments, counterarguments to my lines of reasoning, and resolutions to inconsistencies. I don't make decisions and come to conclusions just based on popular opinion, or on what "feels right." I make decisions/come to conclusions according to what makes sense to me, which is usually categorized as a Thinking preference; but whatever.
If necessary, I can do a bit of necromancy to bring these things into context, but I'll do it on your go-ahead.
No, please don't.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You do have a point.

:thumbup: It's good we're getting somewhere with this.

I don't need to hear the same thing over and over. I need to hear new arguments, counterarguments to my lines of reasoning, and resolutions to inconsistencies. I don't make decisions and come to conclusions just based on popular opinion, or on what "feels right." I make decisions/come to conclusions according to what makes sense to me, which is usually categorized as a Thinking preference; but whatever.

I'm no expert, but I've seen a few experts say that people with Ti or Fi as a dominant function have their own ways of looking at things, and how they will stubbornly cling to these veiws since their internal world is so heavily defined by them (Ti as 'reasoning', and Fi as 'values'). I don't know how accurate that is, but it's one perspective on your point.

No, please don't.

:mad: I guess I'm not a wizard anymore!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm no expert, but I've seen a few experts say that people with Ti or Fi as a dominant function have their own ways of looking at things, and how they will stubbornly cling to these veiws since their internal world is so heavily defined by them (Ti as 'reasoning', and Fi as 'values'). I don't know how accurate that is, but it's one perspective on your point.
I've heard this too, but like I say, I would reject a belief of mine if it could be shown that it doesn't make sense or my reasoning is flawed. If you or anyone else can show me that either of these things is true, I'll be perfectly open to changing my mind. It doesn't seem like people want to do that though. Most of the time when I try to engage in a critical discussion and examine whether people's reasoning (either mine or theirs) makes sense, the other person runs away. And I'm not arrogant or insulting or anything; I've become a lot more reasonable than I was when I was first on here. It's usually INTP's who do this, and I don't know why. They're supposed to like arguing. And I can't believe I have to tell Ti doms that I can only make decisions if I understand the reasoning and logic behind it. They act like I can see into their minds and I should just accept the opinion of every person who disagrees with my type, even though people say different things. I was just in a discussion with Mal+ in which he asked me some questions and then based on my responses concluded INFJ, but he wouldn't tell me what his responses were (as an INTP); so I can't validate whether what he says makes sense or not.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've heard this too, but like I say, I would reject a belief of mine if it could be shown that it doesn't make sense or my reasoning is flawed. If you or anyone else can show me that either of these things is true, I'll be perfectly open to changing my mind. It doesn't seem like people want to do that though. Most of the time when I try to engage in a critical discussion and examine whether people's reasoning (either mine or theirs) makes sense, the other person runs away. And I'm not arrogant or insulting or anything; I've become a lot more reasonable than I was when I was first on here. It's usually INTP's who do this, and I don't know why. They're supposed to like arguing. And I can't believe I have to tell Ti doms that I can only make decisions if I understand the reasoning and logic behind it. They act like I can see into their minds and I should just accept the opinion of every person who disagrees with my type, even though people say different things. I was just in a discussion with Mal+ in which he asked me some questions and then based on my responses concluded INFJ, but he wouldn't tell me what his responses were (as an INTP); so I can't validate whether what he says makes sense or not.

I can PM you private emotional responses which I trust you won't share.

I don't reveal my private feelings. You do. There's another difference between us.

As for opinions, I don't know; Is logic a matter of opinion?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can PM you private emotional responses which I trust you won't share.

I don't reveal my private feelings. You do. There's another difference between us.

As for opinions, I don't know; Is logic a matter of opinion?

Fair enough. But it's only fair to expect someone to ask about you when you ask about them, and to want to understand what you are doing. If you'd like to message me with the specific questions you asked and your responses and what different responses would indicate, or just the latter (what you think different answers would mean), I can better evaluate whether I think it makes sense. Otherwise I can only say you might be right and you might not. Logic is a matter of opinion to some extent because 1) it is a subjective introverted function if we are talking about Ti, 2) anyone can use false premises, 3) anyone can make mistakes which another person may pick up on, and 4) applying a logical argument to anything in reality is risky with highly variable results. I don't believe my use of "logic" with regard to anything is flawless, nor do I believe anyone's is.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RaptorWizard, pretty much no matter what he types as, always gets accused by an angry mob that he's mistyped, and as such, please form in a frenzied insect hive mentality, get your torches and pitchforks out, and start the riot, because I'm now asking again what type everyone sees this amazing life form as being!

I'll go through the list of the most popular to least popular typings people have given me, in that order: INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, INFJ... and after that, it's pretty much out of the picture.
Everyone who calls me an ISTP says I'm in a TiNi Loop, and also that I'm a 5w4, since if I'm a sensor, the only way I can get uber-esoteric is having both Ni and 4 somewhere.
The people who call me INTP have been well-mixed between 5w4 and 5w6. Those who have called me ENTP say 7w8. For INTJ and INFJ, enneagrams haven't really been mentioned.

Whatever type I may be, it's the ultimate power in the whole world, with the supernatural skill to hack the system or 'meta-game' it (pretty much altering a program and breaking the fundamental laws of the system).

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
RaptorWizard, pretty much no matter what he types as, always gets accused by an angry mob that he's mistyped, and as such, please form in a frenzied insect hive mentality, get your torches and pitchforks out, and start the riot, because I'm now asking again what type everyone sees this amazing life form as being!

I'll go through the list of the most popular to least popular typings people have given me, in that order: INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, INFJ... and after that, it's pretty much out of the picture.
Everyone who calls me an ISTP says I'm in a TiNi Loop, and also that I'm a 5w4, since if I'm a sensor, the only way I can get uber-esoteric is having both Ni and 4 somewhere.
The people who call me INTP have been well-mixed between 5w4 and 5w6. Those who have called me ENTP say 7w8. For INTJ and INFJ, enneagrams haven't really been mentioned.

I honestly have no idea. I feel like your posting has become more incisive as time has gone on, though. There was a time that I was on the ISTP bandwagon, but I'm not sure that's correct anymore. I admire how positive you always manage to be, though. Perhaps ENTP e7 does fit. I think if I had to pick your female equivalent it would probably be [MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION], and she types herself as ENTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fair enough. But it's only fair to expect someone to ask about you when you ask about them, and to want to understand what you are doing. If you'd like to message me with the specific questions you asked and your responses and what different responses would indicate, or just the latter (what you think different answers would mean), I can better evaluate whether I think it makes sense. Otherwise I can only say you might be right and you might not. Logic is a matter of opinion to some extent because 1) it is a subjective introverted function if we are talking about Ti, 2) anyone can use false premises, 3) anyone can make mistakes which another person may pick up on, and 4) applying a logical argument to anything in reality is risky with highly variable results. I don't believe my use of "logic" with regard to anything is flawless, nor do I believe anyone's is.

Of course the use of logic is not flawless. But it's not subjective in the sense you mean. When Jung uses the term "subjective" (which he often does), think "a priori," or "formal," which means it is necessary for thinking to take place. Or let's say, it is one-half of what is necessary for thought, the other half of which is the content of thought. Form and content, subject and object, logic and fact, a priori and a posteriori.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course the use of logic is not flawless. But it's not subjective in the sense you mean. When Jung uses the term "subjective" (which he often does), think "a priori," or "formal," which means it is necessary for thinking to take place. Or let's say, it is one-half of what is necessary for thought, the other half of which is the content of thought. Form and content, subject and object, logic and fact, a priori and a posteriori.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I categorize it as such though. All the introverted functions are subjective in the sense that their content is only known to the subject, i.e. person in whose personality the functions exist. So thinking, feeling, sensing, and intuition will be filtered through the subject's own personal experiences and biases. While logic and reasoning have an objective quality, they cannot ever entirely escape the subjective quality of existing in a person unless they are translated into words and subjected to group evaluation; in which case they approximate ultimate objectivity more closely, but are merely subject to collective experiences and biases.

MetalMoon

Me. Typed as: xNTP, then ENFP, then ENFJ, then INFP, then ISFP, then ESFJ, then ESFP.

Help.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] No I'm not picking on you, but during our last conversation I saw a lot of black-and-white thinking which is more typical of J's than P's. I'll go with ENFJ for your type.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] No I'm not picking on you, but during our last conversation I saw a lot of black-and-white thinking which is more typical of J's than P's. I'll go with ENFJ for your type.

Wow, you associate black and white thinking with "J"? That shows that your understanding of typology is quite rudimentary, black and white thinking is a symptom of intellectual immaturity. Any person with highly developed critical thinking skills generally understands that most dichotomies are false and have a more nuanced understanding of theoretical topics they comment on. One's level of intellectual sophistication has little to do with the P/J discrepancy, it would probably be more applicable to the N/S discrepancy, if anything. However, even there, the assessment is rather superficial because a Sensing preference generally does not prevent one from developing their critical thinking capabilities.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

did i ask you to type me? i know my type. thanks. bye.