• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, here's my map of creation, since you asked (indirectly). It took me a long time to create, with intuition and deduction. (click to enlarge)
Illustration of 13th. chakra edited.jpg
All of reality is contained in this symbol.

What pray tell does your "map of creation" look like, and how do you exhibit it in your posts? If NTP's can't answer this question, and in a way which looks significantly different than me, I'd say you have no room to say you "can't see my Ti."

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, here's my map of creation, since you asked (indirectly). It took me a long time to create, with intuition and deduction. (click to enlarge)
View attachment 9417
All of reality is contained in this symbol.

Ni doms like to compress everything down to its primal simplicity, a universal truth; you might be INFJ.

What pray tell does your "map of creation" look like, and how do you exhibit it in your posts? If NTP's can't answer this question, and in a way which looks significantly different than me, I'd say you have no room to say you "can't see my Ti."

INFJ has tertiary Ti.

Well that's interesting because I intend to be a metaphysician as a career. As in go to grad school, get a PhD in philosophy, and study metaphysics. I'm writing a paper on metaphysics right now in fact.

Maybe my generalization was off.

What makes you think such a "map of creation" would be visible to other people? Every place I've read about NTP's specifically says they have a hard time communicating their thoughts to other people.

Okay, so you spupposedly construct one for yourself, but keep it contained within.

Actually I think my internal framework is so heavily influenced by intuition it would be nearly impossible to do so without some sort of a doctoral thesis.

Yes, NFs are highly intuitive people, and they tend to trust it before reason.

So what's wrong with me just being a combination of two (or three) types? Is that so unlikely? INFJ+XNTP would very easily merge into one I think. I still say there's very little difference between INFJ with high Ti and Ne and INTP with high Ni and Fe. I don't think I'm simply in a loop, as that is listed in conjunction with disorders. In fact I find I'm far more functional when I use my T functions with feeling as secondary. In the times where I have emotions and make feeling judgments I need to heavily moderate them with thinking or they tend to lead me to places which are disconnected with reality. So even if I'm not XNTP, behaving like one is in my best interest at least half the time.

I don't think you are in a loop; I believe you to be a very well-developed INFJ, good inner realizations, harmony with the world, and some analysis to support it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni doms like to compress everything down to its primal simplicity, a universal truth; you might be INFJ.

INFJ has tertiary Ti.

Maybe my generalization was off.

Okay, so you spupposedly construct one for yourself, but keep it contained within.

Yes, NFs are highly intuitive people, and they tend to trust it before reason.

I don't think you are in a loop; I believe you to be a very well-developed INFJ, good inner realizations, harmony with the world, and some analysis to support it.
:)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I get an INFJ vibe from greenfairy, too. I've read that INFJ is the most NT-like of the NFs.

Lark

I'm being an INFJ today, I had an opportunity to chat up a beautiful woman and I didnt bother.

R

Riva

I'm being an INFJ today, I had an opportunity to chat up a beautiful woman and I didnt bother.
Tell us how your day goes. If i'm not mistaken if you are doing it right (being an infj) you should in a sequence; start feeling happy about your individuality, then feel a bit sad about the lost opportunity, then feel a little bit sad for no apparent reason, then write a poem about a broken glass and how your feeling of loss relate to that broken glass, then read the poem over and over again until you start feeling depressed, contemplate something tragic, start crying, then think of all the people you love and who loves you, then begin to actually enjoy your feeling of depression, feel an overwhelming sensation of happiness and finally share this experience with your cat.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Tell us how your day goes. If i'm not mistaken if you are doing it right (being an infj) you should in a sequence; start feeling happy about your individuality, then feel a bit sad about the lost opportunity, then feel a little bit sad for no apparent reason, then write a poem about a broken glass and how your feeling of loss relate to that broken glass, then read the poem over and over again until you start feeling depressed, contemplate something tragic, start crying, then think of all the people you love and who loves you, then begin to actually enjoy your feeling of depression, feel an overwhelming sensation of happiness and finally share this experience with your cat.

lmfao...

Lark

:D

No, that's not how my day went but I suspect that that would be the stereotypical or prejorative idea of both introversion and feeling functions.

I think that those functions are probably more complex than that, if they've been integrated well and are utilised in a balanced way I'd suspect that nothing could be further from the truth. At the minute I'm interested in further developing my feeling and perception.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

Is this what you think INFJ's do?
Do you live in a closet?
Was this post empowering for you? lol

Standuble

I get an INFJ vibe from greenfairy, too. I've read that INFJ is the most NT-like of the NFs.

Not this argument again. I've yet to see anyone explain why INFJs would seem (or be) more NT-ish than ENFPs.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, INFJ's have tertiary Ti, so they can use Ni and Ti together, which probably looks pretty Ti like. Ni is more "centered" than Ne, so that helps. Fe is also much, much easier for INTP's to understand than Fi.

ENFP's are often intellectual, true, but there's also a love of chaos for the sake of chaos and a dislike for "systems" or categorizing that seems very antithetical to the way NT's operate. I've known ENFPs to, for instance, proudly avoid using recipes in cooking, because cooking should flow from some Fi center of creativity or something (nevermind that the food usually doesn't taste that good). How can some book teach you about cooking, when you can just experience it, man? (Apologies to ENFP's, I'm just reflecting on my experience with someone I've known who I'm 95% sure was an ENFP.)

If any of this looks like bullshit to someone, feel free to correct me.

Standuble

Well, INFJ's have tertiary Ti, so they can use Ni and Ti together, which probably looks pretty Ti like. Ni is more "centered" than Ne, so that helps. Fe is also much, much easier for INTP's to understand than Fi.

ENFP's are often intellectual, true, but there's also a love of chaos and a dislike for "systems" that is very antithetical to NT's. ENFP's like to, for instance, proudly avoid using recipes in cooking, because cooking should flow from some Fi center of creativity or something (nevermind that the food usually doesn't taste that good). How can some book teach you about cooking, when you can just experience it, man? (Apologies to ENFP's, I'm just reflecting on my experience with someone I've known who I'm 95% sure was an ENFP.)

If any of this looks like bullshit to someone, feel free to correct me.

My question primarily dealt with function stacking as what Ivy stated is a premutation of a popular idea. Others include "INTJ hybrid", "closest thing to NT an NF can get" etc. My question was aimed more at that general idea. The only definition for an NT is one who prefers to perceive through intuition and judge throught thinking and INFJ is as close to that position as an ENFP is.

When it comes to your comment you follow what I mentioned above: You say how INFJs are closer to how specific NT types come across but not how its closer to an all-encompassing definition of NT.

Starry

ENFP's are often intellectual, true, but there's also a love of chaos for the sake of chaos and a dislike for "systems" or categorizing that seems very antithetical to the way NT's operate. ENFP's like to, for instance, proudly avoid using recipes in cooking, because cooking should flow from some Fi center of creativity or something (nevermind that the food usually doesn't taste that good). How can some book teach you about cooking, when you can just experience it, man? (Apologies to ENFP's, I'm just reflecting on my experience with someone I've known who I'm 95% sure was an ENFP.)

No. All that stuff about freedom and chaos and art... that's just what we tell you guys to cover up the fact we can't read.

((I wonder if all the INFJs will come back now? :) hey guys...the ENFPs are getting it now...))

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heard it through the grapevine that some people on the boards here think I'm ISFJ. So, ISFJ or INFJ? :D