• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't that more of an enneagram 4 thing?

it can be, but it's also true of plenty of Fi dom 9s and 6s. 4 and Fi have a lot of overlap in terms of behavior and personal biases

As an e9 sp/sx Fi-dom, I can confidently say that I am nothing like Ginkgo.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ That whole interchange may be the best* example of tertiary Te vs. inferior Te that I've ever seen on the forum.
*and most tense... Whew!

LOL pretty much all my disagreements with Fi doms go like this. Fi doms often refuse to consider externally observable/verifiable data and have disdain for deduction in general. they're often the ones on the "Type Me" forums saying "you don't know me better than I know myself", to which I respond "perhaps not, but I definitely know more about how your behavior relates to MBTI, Enneagram etc" (also, if the person is not self aware, I probably do know more about them than they do about themselves, but I don't make this assumption unless they've prove it. in that particular exchange, I don't think it was the case.)
my disagreements with TJs, especially ETJs, go pretty much the opposite. I go with my gut and use empirical evidence to check and see if I'm crazy or not (and a lot of the time I am, so I re analyze lol). however, I'm skeptical of the limitations of data and will generally choose my gut over what the data is telling me if I have a really strong hunch (during which times, I'm generally not crazy and tend to be right ~80-90% of the time). TJs will often think I'm foolish for not going with the data while I'm stuck in a "just because I can't explain/verify it doesn't mean I'm not right" sort of mindset.

I forgot to say in my previous post that I'm older, wiser, and much better looking. :banana:

I dislike telling people they are mistyped because I don't want to risk the possibility of being wrong. It's much nicer when other people are wrong.

I have decided that this thread will be my new blog. OK, not really, I just want attention. Me me me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], do you think any of the INFP 4s on the forum are accurately typed? I'm noticing a pattern here. what does being a 4 mean to you?

Burger King

Speaking of 4s. Anyone wanna take a stab at me? I don't post a whole lot on this forum, but still, anyone wanna indulge? Don't have to be any deep analysis (l lol @ that) just general impressions, vibe (I lol @ that too), whatever would suffice. I promise I won't get mad if you suggest to me that I'm a sensor e3/e6 or whatever e that everybody hates.

@Elfboy, do you think any of the INFP 4s on the forum are accurately typed? I'm noticing a pattern here. what does being a 4 mean to you?

I wonder, did he type you as some other type? I agree with your self-type, though I've only read a couple of post from you here and there.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL pretty much all my disagreements with Fi doms go like this. Fi doms often refuse to consider externally observable/verifiable data and have disdain for deduction in general. they're often the ones on the "Type Me" forums saying "you don't know me better than I know myself", to which I respond "perhaps not, but I definitely know more about how your behavior relates to MBTI, Enneagram etc" (also, if the person is not self aware, I probably do know more about them than they do about themselves, but I don't make this assumption unless they've prove it. in that particular exchange, I don't think it was the case.)

Did you know that I type as INFP on 90 percent of four dichotomy tests, including the original MBTI?

NOBODY, I mean nooooobody, on the Internet, says "hey Marm you really seem like an INFP."

Except for Simulated World, actually, in a bizarre turn of events. But then he changed his opinion to ENFP when he saw pictures of me and learned more about me.

Interestingly, on the Dario Nardi info, I happened to identify most with the two parts of the brain associated with Fi dominance, but agree that I'm quicker acting like an ISFP rather than an INFP, and am probably using Se/Ni.

I've been called everything on this web site from ESFJ to ISTJ, to ENFJ and ESFP. Almost no one never ever ever ever (on this web site, actually on Personality Cafe they say I seem very Fi dom with bursts of inferior Te) says I seem like an INFP or ISFP, when that clearly appears to be my four-dichotomy type and also my Jungian dominant function.

So the reason why these people argue with you is because every asshat on the Internet has an opinion...on the other hand, people who refuse to take ANY outer education at all ...does that really seem like a mature Fi dom? Really, a mature Fi dom is that resistant to taking in information?

No.

I am completely open to observable data and anyone who doesn't is either immature or has a personality disorder, which even an ESFJ could have, you don't have to be an IxFP to be resistant to observable external data.

However, I would say IxFPs will resist you more if you belittle them in any way, or try to make their Te feel more inferior than it already does. The cocky approach is very bad when dealing with Fi doms. You will get more cooperation from them if in the process you aren't trying to make them feel stupid. Simulated World FREQUENTLY made this mistake when he belonged to this site, he would put people on a serious defensive mode, mock them, and think that would lead to success, and of course it usually didn't.

Except with me, who has carried with me what he taught me, but only after he privately told me that I was smart enough to learn personality theory, he respected my intelligence, and he hated to see someone like me not understand it, and that he was doing it in the spirit of friendship.

So really if you want to consistently challenge a person's type, and you really believe them to be an Fi dom, watch for triggering their inferior Te. They'll completely shut down if you do.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder, did he type you as some other type? I agree with your self-type, though I've only read a couple of post from you here and there.

yeah, he's actually called me a few different types at different points of time. but I noticed he thinks a lot of people who identify as 4 are mistyped, so maybe he has some flawed view of how a 4 is supposed to be? I don't know :shrug:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an accomplished grave digger, thank you. You can pay me for my seance services after tea and cakes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Would you like to have him brought back to life for your seance services?

He's still alive, bro.

If you'd like, I'll tell him you said hi.

I like to always bring up members of value who are no longer with us here, and I've appreciated when others have done the same for me.