• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, that is what i meant

He's absolutely a Socionics ISFj. He is in NO WAY a stereotypical Keirsey ISFJ, though, nor is he a Jungian function theory Fe type; he is an Si dom, Si is his primary lens, with carefully guarded and sometimes ill-expressed tertiary Fi, that appears via an Si sensory lens through things like loyalty, acts of service, protectiveness, tangible "help" and he would sometimes often communicate to me through music if he wasn't guarding himself with constant sarcasm and deflection.

I've honestly never seen anyone make a good argument for why they think I'm a Socionics ENFj, as I don't even fit the Ni type of Victim relating style, I think this is a "big forum presence" or "performer" persona that you guys are reading into me, and not explaining adequately via functions. On the Keirsey forum they call me an ESFP for the exact same reason, the "performer" presence. The ENFj in Socionics is The Actor, right?

I asked JTG if he thought I might be a Socionics ENFj, to which his response was something along the lines of "wtf lolwut omg no."

I mean I don't MIND being typed as a Socionics ENFj, I don't find it unflattering. I'm completely okay with it.

You know in PTypes, it's actually ISFP that is the "Exuberant" or cyclothymic personality type.

Oh, Internet.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see nothing that argues against ISFP. A bit edgier than some, but that's not a bad thing.

Oh, for sure. He's been stuck between ISTP and INTJ for a while, and either one is plausible. Anything else he suggests is Ni-trolling.

I think he's leaning towards INTJ, now? And that seems right to me.
RW seems more Ne to me, sometimes outrageously so. I'd almost think ENTP.

As for EJCC herself, ESTJ seems consistent.

G

garbage

So... for my previous post on this thread, I just got repped by a forum member who I will leave anonymous (as per forum rules), who essentially told me not to be one of those forum members who deludes themselves, and others, into thinking they're a type that they're obviously not.
You'd think that they'd post actual feedback in a 'type me' thread. Or this thread.

Jaguar

Bullying? I call it fucking pussydom doing that nonsense by rep comment.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
There's also a shit-ton of evidence in the Ask an ESTJ thread -- which I doubt I could have maintained for such a long time, with any degree of accuracy, without actually being an ESTJ myself.
As someone who is an ESTJ and has read the entire thread, I can vouch for that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You'd think that they'd post actual feedback in a 'type me' thread. Or this thread.
Sounds less like "feedback" more like "shithead bullying" to me, tbh.
Bullying? I call it fucking pussydom doing that nonsense by rep comment.
To be fair and even-handed to the guy... I just asked him to clarify, via wall post, and apparently his wording was just really confusing, and he meant the opposite of what I thought he meant.

So... False alarm! :doh:
As someone who is an ESTJ and has read the entire thread, I can vouch for that.
I'm still amazed that you did that. Damn, that thread is long... And personal... And I started it when I was 18! As much as it is a source of type-related data, it's a lot like a time capsule, too...

*feels nostalgic*
*gets misty-eyed*
... *remembers that sappiness leads to mistyping as a Feeler*
*shakes off the feels*
*makes face like a drill sergeant*

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm still amazed that you did that. Damn, that thread is long... And personal... And I started it when I was 18! As much as it is a source of type-related data, it's a lot like a time capsule, too...

*feels nostalgic*
*gets misty-eyed*
... *remembers that sappiness leads to mistyping as a Feeler*
*shakes off the feels*
*makes face like a drill sergeant*
I didn't read it all in one day. It was more like 3, IIRC. :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't read it all in one day. It was more like 3, IIRC. :D
Regardless! That is a pretty big time commitment! At least it wasn't boring; I feel like I talked to you about it a bit ago and you said you thought it was a good read, and related a lot to it.

Out of curiosity -- what was your favorite part? (As a fellow ESTJ, I'm sure you've got it all internally ranked in order of quality/enjoyment. :yes: )

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Regardless! That is a pretty big time commitment! At least it wasn't boring; I feel like I talked to you about it a bit ago and you said you thought it was a good read, and related a lot to it.

Out of curiosity -- what was your favorite part? (As a fellow ESTJ, I'm sure you've got it all internally ranked in order of quality/enjoyment. :yes: )
I can't remember. It's been awhile. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To be fair and even-handed to the guy... I just asked him to clarify, via wall post, and apparently his wording was just really confusing, and he meant the opposite of what I thought he meant.

So... False alarm! :doh:

though if someone did that in earnest it wouldn't be a first for around here... I still get people who question my type or tell me that I must be a particular type and I don't even claim a type or have one up in my profile... that's taking things a bit far in the typological obsession, I must say :doh:

G

garbage

though if someone did that in earnest it wouldn't be a first for around here... I still get people who question my type or tell me that I must be a particular type and I don't even claim a type or have one up in my profile... that's taking things a bit far in the typological obsession, I must say :doh:
I claim about 26 types, and I'd claim more if we had more space in our signatures :popc1:

That must be due to the.. .. *checks sig* Galactic Tone 1 in me.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: That's just sad!! I hope that doesn't happen often... I knew tht you removed your type(s) from your profile to avoid that sort of judgment.
I claim about 26 types, and I'd claim more if we had more space in our signatures :popc1:

That must be due to the.. .. *checks sig* Galactic Tone 1 in me.
Ugh... Galactic Tone Ones. Fuck them. I had a friend who was a Galactic Tone One and she stabbed me in the back and stole my boyfriend.

I guess you're just unusually well-adjusted?

:popc1:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Like I saw people on this forum saying [MENTION=7816]JTG1984[/MENTION] was an ENTP or ISTP by his posts...and I ran his posts through an interpreter of his posting style and it actually came up "ESFJ." So apparently a lot of people mistake Keirsey-esque ESFJ communication styles with ENTPs and ISTPs???? WHAT????

Was this a program or a person?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*ahem*

It has been related to me that [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] 's function order is this:

Ne, Ni, Fe, Te, Ti, in this order.

Based on this, I believe that he is an INxJ who has reverted his dominant function's attitude of Ni to Ne due to some form of psychosis, making him more extraverted than he normally should/would be.

It is my theory as stated in this thread, that reverting the dominant function can occur in psychosis, and reverting the auxiliary function can result in neurosis, and reverting the tertiary function can result in a 'loop'.

Along these lines, I am also an adherent of the Jungian concept that all the functions beyond the dominant naturally occur in the opposite attitude of the dominant, as stated in the thread linked above.

This explains The Great One's use of Ni and Ne, and his use of Te/fe/ and Ti.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Was this a program or a person?

Well, let's see...if the program knows he's consistently SJ, and he balks at being ANYTHING BUT AN SJ, apparently the program is on to something.

I think the ESFJ stuff though was his mock-nice trolling, the parody shit he had running here after he got into a full blown troll fest, but I even ran bits of private convos when he was being more genuine and emotional, and it was just like ESFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ, etc.

He's an Fi type though. I think the program measures four-letter dichotomies based on "styles" associated with each "letter" and he's an Si dom.

Jaguar

TGO is suffering from some form of psychosis? I think he should weigh in on the matter.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Well, let's see...if the program knows he's consistently SJ, and he balks at being ANYTHING BUT AN SJ, apparently the program is on to something.

I think the ESFJ stuff though was his mock-nice trolling, the parody shit he had running here after he got into a full blown troll fest, but I even ran bits of private convos when he was being more genuine and emotional, and it was just like ESFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ, etc.

He's an Fi type though. I think the program measures four-letter dichotomies based on "styles" associated with each "letter" and he's an Si dom.

Well I wasn't doubting what you said, I just wondered if you could provide a link to the program, because i'm interested in it.