• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] do you think I could be 628? 629 seems "soft" to me. I get blunt and fiery when angry.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] do you think I could be 628? 629 seems "soft" to me. I get blunt and fiery when angry.

saying you blunt and fiery when you're angry actually supports you being an Sx dom 6. I certainly don't see you as an 8 fixer though. probably 6w7>9w8>2w3 Sx/So.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]
I think En 2 heart fix doesn't fit quite well for you. I'd guess 649.

649 The Seeker. Accepting and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accommodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

What do you think?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think?
I see no 4 in her whatsoever but plenty of 2

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see no 4 in her whatsoever but plenty of 2
I think an En 6 dominant fix would balance most En 4 traits, specially the individualism, so, behavior-wise, the result wouldn't be very 4-ish.

That said, she seems to have values and perceptions that are much more individual than I'd expect from a En 2 fix, who tend to have a people-pleasing focus.

Not that she isn't pleasant, quite the opposite, but that seems to be incidental.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you think?

saying you blunt and fiery when you're angry actually supports you being an Sx dom 6. I certainly don't see you as an 8 fixer though. probably 6w7>9w8>2w3 Sx/So.

I think an En 6 dominant fix would balance most En 4 traits, specially the individualism, so, behavior-wise, the result wouldn't be very 4-ish.
That said, she seems to have values and perceptions that are much more individual than I'd expect from a En 2 fix, who tend to have a people-pleasing focus.
Not that she isn't pleasant, quite the opposite, but that seems to be incidental.

Thank you Rasofy :heart: And thank you both for helping me with this!

When I first learned the Enneagram, I was torn between being a 7 (my interests are broad and I'm a planner) or being a 4 (because I am sensitive and artistic). Later, I ruled out 7 - too optimistic and too active - and began to consider 3 instead, because I have a lot of image issues. I have been a workaholic overachiever all my life, and I get very upset when people catch me off guard and see me in a light I don't want to be seen. That may be better attributed to Sx 6, though. What Elfboy says about 3 is true - ultimately I'm more of a people-pleaser than an achiever (2w3 sounds reasonable) - and I'm not at all disconnected from my emotions, like you would think a 3 fixer would be. After a lot of introspection, research, and help from forum members, I identified 6 as my core, which I still feel is very accurate, especially upon discovering the Sx 6 "strength and beauty" explanations, which resonate very deeply with me.

I understand why you say 4, Rasofy, because I've definitely considered it too, but I associate more with the superficial traits than the underlying drives (though admittedly, if it's just a fix, maybe it's more unconscious than I realize). I don't know if it's because my 6 counterbalances strongly, but I don't know that I believe that there's anything fundamentally wrong or missing or different with me, nothing that makes me "more special" than anyone else. I really am averse to any kind of inequality, so that idea grates on me.

I used to have some degree of "special snowflake" syndrome when I was younger, but I think that was partially due to having been in medical isolation for several years - for a long time I was often a whole group of adults' center of attention - and then later I met school with ease, and sought out that attention for being the "good girl"/"good patient"/"good student" again. It was more about the warmth and attention I received, and wanting to keep getting that, not about me feeling special-er than anyone else. Or at least, I knew that I was special because of how I was behaving, not because of something fundamental inside. I worried about losing that attention, so I always tried to make myself seem appealing (and I genuinely liked the harmony/unity of a happy atmosphere). I enjoy being the center of attention, but not as a performer, if that makes sense. I don't like to be watched and judged, but I do like appreciation and compliments, lol.

649 The Seeker. Accepting and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accommodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

I do love the title "The Seeker", and could see myself in that. All of the first paragraph is very true. I don't know if I am afraid of deviance, chaos, conflict, complication, or being ordinary or commonplace. I am definitely afraid of fear, danger, uncertainty, being loveless, being shut out, and being inadequate. I also don't know about abandonment. I don't want to be alone, and I don't want to lose my loved ones, but I also don't really harbor a particular fear that anyone is going to leave me. I am more afraid that love will just die between us, either from my end or theirs - the loss of stable connection, the uncertainty. I think part of the problem with identifying my tritype is how much Sx 6 resembles the image triad.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OOH OOH OOH TYPE ME! TYPE ME!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, I only want enneagram.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]
Sx/So 6w7 with a 4 fix is one of the most volatile types on the enneagram. 6s with 4 fixes are still VERY individualistic, possess fiery tempers and are generally staunchly counter culture. 6 is not the naturally conformist type people like to paint it as. think of Lady Gaga, Eminem, Catwoman or Jon Bon Jovie for instance
being individualistic and a special snowflake is by no means sufficient grounds for verifying a 4 fix. I agree with your thoughts on 2w3 :)
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]
3w4 Sx/So with 8w7 and 6w7 fixes

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]
Sx/So 6w7 with a 4 fix is one of the most volatile types on the enneagram. 6s with 4 fixes are still VERY individualistic, possess fiery tempers and are generally staunchly counter culture. 6 is not the naturally conformist type people like to paint it as. think of Lady Gaga, Eminem, Catwoman or Jon Bon Jovie for instance
being individualistic and a special snowflake is by no means sufficient grounds for verifying a 4 fix. I agree with your thoughts on 2w3 :)
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]
3w4 Sx/So with 8w7 and 6w7 fixes

What gives 3w4 away? :p
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] what do you think of Elfboy's assessment of me?

Standuble

Mr. Elfboy could you type my enneagram too please if it wouldn't be too much trouble? If not then anyone is welcome. Thanks.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] what do you think of Elfboy's assessment of me?

you're emotionally intense in a way that signifies the internal volatility of a 4, yet you are more in control of yourself, push yourself harder towards external results and, despite the fact that you probably do a bit of wallowing behind closed doors, you're not the type to feel sorry for yourself and you certainly aren't going to show this side to the outside world.
on top of that, the Riso/Hudson description of the Sexual 3 fits you quite well.
[MENTION=14363]Standuble[/MENTION]
I don't know a lot about you, could you fill out one of these questionnaires and start a thread with your answers?
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/84019-enneagram-questionnaire.html
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-enneagram-type/111173-enneagram-questionnaire.html

Edit: also, [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION], it's not necessarily your type, but I get a 3w2 vibe from you. at the very least, I think it's your heart fix

Standuble

I made a thread in the What's my Enneagram folder. It's quite the read (perhaps even a challenge due to its length) so if anyone wants to take a stab at it then feel free.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@skylights what do you think of Elfboy's assessment of me?

3w4 is definitely spot on, I think, and I see why he would say 8w7 (the control aspect). I'm not sure I really have any strong feelings on your head type. You have a certain levity/silliness/fantasyness that I'm not sure is well represented in 386 though? Maybe it's the w4 coming through.

@Elfboy, I've been reading more, and I relate a lot more to 2 than I thought I would, but I don't really relate to 269 as much as I thought I would. I have a tendency to... well, fight back that doesn't seem very well represented in that tritype. Even though I derive a lot of pride from protecting/helping/nurturing, I don't see myself as a helper, more of a therapist role where I retain power and assist - I am far more 2w3 than 2w1. I'm too proud, lol. I can't stand being seen as "underneath" anyone. I don't know if this is because I'm sx/so and tend to feel a strong rebellious flow within me, but I feel like I often play "freedom fighter" in terms of keeping everyone together waging against injustices. I think one of my biggest fears is being seen as "lesser" and losing security in my situation, not being able to retain power. I associate more with 469 and 268 tritype descriptions than 269. I'm leaning 268 but you didn't seem to see 8 for me. Any thoughts? Thanks for all the help :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see zero 8 in you. Sx/So 6 is a very fiesty type and can look a lot like 8 and the 7 wing adds a more wild side and desire autonomy.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sometimes wonder if [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] is really an ESFJ and not an ESTJ. She seems very socially skilled, especially regarding Fe stuff. She is more emotionally expressive and enthusiastic about things than I would typically see from an ESTJ. Then again she could be an ESTJ with really good access to her F side.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sometimes wonder if [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] is really an ESFJ and not an ESTJ. She seems very socially skilled, especially regarding Fe stuff. She is more emotionally expressive and enthusiastic about things than I would typically see from an ESTJ. Then again she could be an ESTJ with really good access to her F side.
I can see how you'd make that mistake. Seems like a lot of people do, on the forum. But I think the easiest way to tell that I'm ESTJ instead of ESFJ is to spot my Fi -- because I have a lot of it. I get the idea that I'm ENFP, much more than the idea that I'm ESFJ.

It's also worth noting that most of my friends are Fe-users, as are most of my nuclear and extended family members. So I get used to communicating their way.

It's times like these when I wonder if I really am one of the nicer ESTJs out in the world. My instinct is to defend them and to say that I'm not an exception to a general rule, but I know so few of them irl; therefore, I can't, in good conscience, judge that from personal experience.