User Tag List

First 95145185193194195196197205245295695 Last

Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 7100

  1. #1941

    Default

    I'm an ENFJ. We are NEVER mistyped.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

  2. #1942
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Oh! Awesome!
    You're glad? Interesting.

    Well, I mean, it does make sense. I never saw it before because I had such a limited opinion of Ne based on what I'd seen of INxPs... but after meeting a few ENTPs, I found that not only were some of them fairly Introverted, but their N was typically a lot stronger. Some of the ENTPs I'd based my previous opinion on now see more like INTPs, ESTPs, and ENTJs.

    Plus, most of them have that same desire to create something in the external world that you do, get that odd rebelliousness at being told to do something, and tend to be at the mercy of their impulses a lot of the time despite being just as intelligent as I am and thinking in similar ways (though eventually being able to direct themselves into meaningful action in spite of it).

    Most of what you do and think involves other people in some way, whether through the Internet or in real life. You naturally make other people a part of what you do, and crave their input rather than shunning it (though you stongly prefer input that supports or examines your impulse more than ones that shoot it down, which you receive too often). You even have tons of unfinished projects, or random opportunities you did just enough to open up and then abandoned lying around in various places, maybe coming back later or not. That's the poster child for Ne dominance. You also have this penchant for drama and exaggeration that fits with them as well.

    Sorry for the long-winded analysis there.

  3. #1943
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I was unaware that we had any Inuits posting here.
    They recently got high speed internet via satellite, but I agree there certainly aren't as many true Inuits as claim to be online.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality

  4. #1944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Synarch is an ENFP
    I used to test that way in college. Then I realized that taking everything so personally and so seriously was out of step with reality, which is that no one cares. I was also friends with a solid INTJ and worked in a video game company with lots of other NT's, so it could be that I changed over time. Earlier in college, I was surrounded with NF's.

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    You don't have to be an F to be romantic and/or compassionate. It just ends up that way 9 times out of 10.
    That's true. Also, being romantic could just be a pose.

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Nah, he's ENTP for sure.

    I also can't see anything else but INFJ for LA... I don't know if peeps are joking or not but I have seen her type queried a few times so just thought I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Well he is definately more T than you, but I think he shifts ever so slightly over to the F side of the specrtum.... kind of in the same way as his repressed homosexuality.
    That's just the way you move me, my little Tatar friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    That's just INTJ wishful thinking, :P, (we all know how famously INTJs and ENFPs get along!)

    He's too impersonal/detached to be ENFP imo. But perhaps it is poor form to be speculating about someone else's type whilst they aren't about.
    I think there is something to this. Edgar wants to understand why he's inexplicably drawn to me. And rather than cop to his own subterranean feelings, he feels obliged to attribute it to some sort of anomaly.

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    You N's and your wishful thinking.
    We do get a little out of step with reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Oh but he's always around... haunting me in my wetdreams.

    That lousy minx.
    You could just pick up the phone instead of baiting me into responding to you. INXJ's can be so passive aggressive when they want to be noticed.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #1945
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You could just pick up the phone instead of baiting me into responding to you. INXJ's can be so passive aggressive when they want to be noticed.
    Affirmative.

  6. #1946
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I believe she's merely taken on a few ISFJ elements simply because ISFJ is largely in line with the stereotypical "mom" persona. Upon digging deeper, her Ni-Te approach becomes more apparent. She seems to have some sort of admiration for Fe, but it would appear to be more of a strong Te attempting to branch out. (and, of course, society preferring F in females would lead to it being channeled differently)

    While the "family values" she preaches are often associated with stereotypical SJs, (Si users) I don't see very much of an Si train of thought behind her reasons for holding those beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    INTJs rarely conform for the sake of conforming, especially when it comes to personal life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    You misinterpret my post.

    Such "conforming" was not for the sake of conforming. I suspect that she deduced her lifestyle to be the most efficient and convenient. I further suspect a Te basis behind choosing such a path in life, (things are simpler, easier, etc) not a basis that would revolve around any of the ISFJ's key functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    So an INTJ deduced that the most efficient way to live a life is to act like an ISFJ because, apparently, as you claim, things become "simpler and easier" that way?

    Sorry, I'm not convinced.

    Being a mother and an INTJ are not mutually exclusive. Read ceecee's posts as an illustration. She's a mother, and an INTJ.
    I'm confident she's an INTJ; she just spent a few decades raising kids before the 'net was available, and if you took any individual and put them as a SAHM in that time period they'd adapt to SFness skill out of necessity. NTJs are pragmatic. Sort of like how there are excellent NTJ athletes, when sports should be Se or Ne users. Just because someone is good at sports doesn't preclude them from being an INTJ.
    The way I see it, INTJMom never had strong N or T to begin with (but certainly a preference, though) and lived environmental factors colours how you see her.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  7. #1947
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm confident she's an INTJ; she just spent a few decades raising kids before the 'net was available, and if you took any individual and put them as a SAHM in that time period they'd adapt to SFness skill out of necessity. NTJs are pragmatic. Sort of like how there are excellent NTJ athletes, when sports should be Se or Ne users. Just because someone is good at sports doesn't preclude them from being an INTJ.
    The way I see it, INTJMom never had strong N or T to begin with (but certainly a preference, though) and lived environmental factors colours how you see her.
    You and Matthew Z are arguing from the same assumption - that SF is an ideal type for being a mother and that this a universally accepted truth. I understand that it is the most cliche type for a mother, given our general cultural disposition, but as I have said before, INTJs are not the conformist type.

    I am not saying that you are definately wrong, but for you to be right, INTJmom has to be an INTJ and think that being an SF is an ideal personality for a mother. This is an unproven assumption that I did not incorporate into my orginal observation when I questioned her NT-ness.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  8. #1948
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You and Matthew Z are arguing from the same assumption - that SF is an ideal type for being a mother and that this a universally accepted truth. I understand that it is the most cliche type for a mother, given our general cultural disposition, but as I have said before, INTJs are not the conformist type.

    I am not saying that you are definately wrong, but for you to be right, INTJmom has to be an INTJ and think that being an SF is an ideal personality for a mother.
    I don't believe it's the ideal "mother" type. I just believe that it's the most culturally accepted type (especially considering her kids' ages, i.e. not today's standards, but standards earlier), so when she would be bringing her kids to the playground, and other moms begin talking about recipes or gardening or what they want to paint their living room walls, it's a lot easier to find acceptance if you project that you value SFJness. I'd rather have the opportunity to talk to an adult about SFJ stuff than have to listen to a four-year-old tell knock-knock jokes that aren't even truly jokes that you have to laugh at. (Talking only to little kids is intellectually isolating more than talking to only to SFJ SAHMs.) Hence the "pragmatic" speak rather than what you assert about actually valuing it.

    I met an INTP mom who had a masters from Duke, and she spoke about how next-to-impossible it was to find another SAHM she actually related to, and basically said all this without knowing about MBTI.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  9. #1949
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't believe it's the ideal "mother" type. I just believe that it's the most culturally accepted type (especially considering her kids' ages, i.e. not today's standards, but standards earlier), so when she would be bringing her kids to the playground, and other moms begin talking about recipes or gardening or what they want to paint their living room walls, it's a lot easier to find acceptance if you project that you value SFJness. I'd rather have the opportunity to talk to an adult about SFJ stuff than have to listen to a four-year-old tell knock-knock jokes that aren't even truly jokes that you have to laugh at.
    Again, you are making an assumption that as soon as a baby crawls out of a mother's uterus, that mother turns into an SFJ.

    There are other non-SFJ mothers out there that an INTJ mother could speak to, or if all fails she could just read a book.

    What makes you think that an INTJ mother at a playground MUST communicate with the other mothers ALL of whom are SFJ?

    There are numerous instances in life where I was surrounded by SJs (USMC comes to mind). None of that turned me into an SJ. If anything, it repulsed me from a lot of SJ mentality due to the fact how heavy handedly it was enforced.

    I met an INTP mom who had a masters from Duke, and she spoke about how next-to-impossible it was to find another SAHM she actually related to, and basically said all this without knowing about MBTI.
    Don't tell me that INTP mother turned into an ISFJ because of it?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  10. #1950
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Synarch is an ENFP

    No, he's not. And I'm starting to wonder if people think kind ENTPs are a myth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :(
  • :cry:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :shrug:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :blush:

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6896
    Last Post: Today, 02:17 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO