User Tag List

First 87137177185186187188189197237287687 Last

Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 7026

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    There is only one thing I want people to know, besides that they can all do what they want: I want them to understand that you firstly have to get to know the real world to some degree and create your own image about things and then afterwards you can start with mbti. If you do create your world thru mbti, you will never have your own self and the real world being in sync.
    This above statement really resonates with me...for some reason it gives me a sense of peace to have someone validate my belief that a test can never possibly know you, better than yourself.

I have gotten INFJ every time I ever tested, but I can be ENFJ/INFP or more. It is all a theory, something to explore and relate to one's own self and others, but in the end a personality cannot be described by 16 different boxes.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I want them to understand that you firstly have to get to know the real world to some degree and create your own image about things and then afterwards you can start with mbti. If you do create your world thru mbti, you will never have your own self and the real world being in sync.
    This is one of the wisest things I have read on this site, ever.

I worry about all the young people on this site, wrapping their sense of who they are in the world around MBTI instead of knowing who they are first. Imagine, saying to yourself at 18 "I am an INFP, that's why I am _________." What a tragedy, in that instead of helping liberate oneself, MBTI could be a cage that confines.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I worry about all the young people on this site, wrapping their sense of who they are in the world around MBTI instead of knowing who they are first. Imagine, saying to yourself at 18 "I am an INFP, that's why I am _________." What a tragedy, in that instead of helping liberate oneself, MBTI could be a cage that confines.
    Brilliantly said PeaceBaby!

I have also seen people on some threads type potential boyfriends/girlfriends and exclude them as a mate because of their type! It is kind of bordering on a prejudice of sorts. It has actually caught me off guard as to how typecasting's use can be so perverted.

It is a tool, it is a theory, it can be a fun parlor game, but it is not the totality of a person.
    **getting off my soapbox**
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    Brilliantly said PeaceBaby!

I have also seen people on some threads type potential boyfriends/girlfriends and exclude them as a mate because of their type! It is kind of bordering on a prejudice of sorts. It has actually caught me off guard as to how typecasting's use can be so perverted.

It is a tool, it is a theory, it can be a fun parlor game, but it is not the totality of a person.
    **getting off my soapbox**
    These sets of presumptions get interesting when MBTI is used towards team building at work

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Everyone on this forum is ISFP.

They look like other types, but that's because of tertiary temptation.

It's obvious really, when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    This is one of the wisest things I have read on this site, ever.

I got that way at the start, but my mind wouldn't accept it and came back to the personal and individual viewpoint. I think that's true for most people. It's another idea and influence among the millions they have when growing up. I'd be annoyed that I didn't make some of the mistakes I made though. Or had a definition of some things, but it's not a complete definition, or even a solid one. And I probably would've ripped it to pieces at 18, and made other mistakes. In the end, type is just another category like red hair.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

Look forward to all the mistakes that are yet to be made

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Entropie what is the link to the MBTI test that you took? I dont think I have seen that one before.
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm mistyped and I've actually been lying all along to prove a point. I wonder if anyone can tell me what my real type is.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

For what's worth: I identify quite a lot with entropie's posts, especially given that we don't live in a similar culture and we have different interests. So I support his self-typing as ENTj.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp