• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

my avatar happens to dance very well to this song.
He really showed up overdressed. Did no one tell him it was a pool party?

And, I don't think they waited the requisite 30 minutes to get in the pool after eating those strawberries.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
omg lol [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]'s avatar does dance perfectly to that song...

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I've had the feeling, in the past, that the reason people typed [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] as ISFP is because she's something of a casual stoner... :smile:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had the feeling, in the past, that the reason people typed [MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] as ISFP is because she's something of a casual stoner... :smile:

haha, pretty much. ain't nothing casual about it though .

tumblr_lvt3vfKkDw1qzekdio1_500.png

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]
9w8 Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx

G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=8031]Ginkgo[/MENTION]
9w8 Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx

Interesting. I would be more likely to say that I'm a 9w8 than a 9w1, but even more likely to say that I'm a 4w5 or a 5w4. 9w8s tend to be more outward turned than either of the two that I most strongly identify with. 9w8 fits the mold of the stereotypical INFP being ruled by Te after having a value trodden on, though that "evidence" alone doesn't hold nearly enough water. I don't think this is your reasoning, though. Whether you and I see eye-to-eye on me being an INFP is a mystery to me.

One thing I know though...

Is that you're black/red. :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I would be more likely to say that I'm a 9w8 than a 9w1, but even more likely to say that I'm a 4w5 or a 5w4. 9w8s tend to be more outward turned than either of the two that I most strongly identify with. 9w8 fits the mold of the stereotypical INFP being ruled by Te after having a value trodden on, though that "evidence" alone doesn't hold nearly enough water. I don't think this is your reasoning, though. Whether you and I see eye-to-eye on me being an INFP is a mystery to me.

One thing I know though...

Is that you're black/red. :D

^v^
I could see 5w4, but you don't seem very 4 to me. you are an individualist and not particularly conventional, but I think that has more to do with Fi dom. you strike me as more go with the flow, but assertive when you need to be and you seem to completely lack the kind of emotional baggage and intense longing associated with 4s. you seem much too chill, carefree and emotionally balanced to be a 4. may I ask why you think you're a 4?
PS: 9w8 isn't really common for INFP (but 9w1 is)

G

Ginkgo

^v^
I could see 5w4, but you don't seem very 4 to me. you are an individualist and not particularly conventional, but I think that has more to do with Fi dom. you strike me as more go with the flow, but assertive when you need to be and you seem to completely lack the kind of emotional baggage and intense longing associated with 4s. you seem much too chill, carefree and emotionally balanced to be a 4. may I ask why you think you're a 4?
PS: 9w8 isn't really common for INFP (but 9w1 is)

I see what you mean. I do have some turbulent emotions but I don't share them here... Or hardly anywhere. This is a learned habit; therefore it's part of my conscious orientation to be reluctant about disclosing what would otherwise be disclosed on the wings of an unconscious desire to share. This forum is more like a bubble of freely exchanged ideas to me than a place I disclose my inner-life - an inner-life I frequently pacify through meditation. Yes the most common Etypes for INFPs tend to be 4w5s and 9w1s, at least on these forums. Withdrawn, passive, emotion oriented with a tendency to intellectualize feelings is all the stuff of INFP. I don't think I've ever met a 9w8 INFP, but 5w4s seem to be more common and therefore more likely to be found especially among the males.

I took most of what you said as a compliment, regardless of how it relates to type. Thanks Elfy. :)

G

Ginkgo

mistype me, biatches

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]: I think I'm a 4 because the way I view my personality is very fluid. There is no end to evolution in my eyes. This causes me to be fairly image oriented in a way that's geared toward inner-transformations and reflecting how I feel and what my thoughts are in my physical/online image. Needless to say, I'm not very flashy about it. But what sort of introvert would I be if I was flashy? :p

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see what you mean. I do have some turbulent emotions but I don't share them here... Or hardly anywhere. This is a learned habit; therefore it's part of my conscious orientation to be reluctant about disclosing what would otherwise be disclosed on the wings of an unconscious desire to share. This forum is more like a bubble of freely exchanged ideas to me than a place I disclose my inner-life - an inner-life I frequently pacify through meditation. Yes the most common Etypes for INFPs tend to be 4w5s and 9w1s, at least on these forums. Withdrawn, passive, emotion oriented with a tendency to intellectualize feelings is all the stuff of INFP. I don't think I've ever met a 9w8 INFP, but 5w4s seem to be more common and therefore more likely to be found especially among the males.

I took most of what you said as a compliment, regardless of how it relates to type. Thanks Elfy. :)

most of the INFP 4s on here are mistyped 6s. INFP 4w5 is a little less common actually
what were you like when you were younger? younger 4s are more volatile and bleeding heart children; younger 9s will suffer in silence, often withholding their negative thoughts and feelings at their own expense.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]: I think I'm a 4 because the way I view my personality is very fluid. There is no end to evolution in my eyes. This causes me to be fairly image oriented in a way that's geared toward inner-transformations and reflecting how I feel and what my thoughts are in my physical/online image. Needless to say, I'm not very flashy about it. But what sort of introvert would I be if I was flashy? :p

- Michael Jackson
- Donald Trump
- David Bowie
- Beyonce
- Lady Gaga
- Prince

...the list of flashy introverts goes on

G

Ginkgo

most of the INFP 4s on here are mistyped 6s. INFP 4w5 is a little less common actually
what were you like when you were younger? younger 4s are more volatile and bleeding heart children; younger 9s will suffer in silence, often withholding their negative thoughts and feelings at their own expense.

- Michael Jackson
- Donald Trump
- David Bowie
- Beyonce
- Lady Gaga
- Prince

...the list of flashy introverts goes on

No doubt there are flashy introverts. My personal preference isn't to show off.

I think you need to focus on the motivations or the "drivers"..."engines" of the types. While 4's may be bleeding hearts, it's because they (consciously or unconsciously) prefer to see the world in terms of what's missing, broken, or tragic about their individual circumstances. This could very well blend into what you mentioned about 9s, only in that case a "bleeding heart" would manifest itself into a more brooding, inward person. The reason 9s are reluctant to voice themselves (I'm assuming you were implying that 4s, by contrast, will voice themselves) is that they don't think their needs are significant. In this way, 9s are quite similar to the Supine temperament in that they share attributes with all the other types, but only deny them in themselves. Self-denial naturally leads to a passive attitude toward potentially hostile situations. It is usually only when someone else is denied that a 9 will take a stance, because at that point they tend to feel peace has truly been compromised.

When I was younger, I did voice myself and I usually thought my thoughts were pretty valid. As time went on, I stopped because I never got what I wanted (I wanted to convince people). That actually seems like the typical 9 upbringing, but as you can see, I'm making an effort to convince you right now. Not exactly the perfect portrait for self-denial.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No doubt there are flashy introverts. My personal preference isn't to show off.

I think you need to focus on the motivations or the "drivers"..."engines" of the types. While 4's may be bleeding hearts, it's because they (consciously or unconsciously) prefer to see the world in terms of what's missing, broken, or tragic about their individual circumstances. This could very well blend into what you mentioned about 9s, only in that case a "bleeding heart" would manifest itself into a more brooding, inward person. The reason 9s are reluctant to voice themselves (I'm assuming you were implying that 4s, by contrast, will voice themselves) is that they don't think their needs are significant. In this way, 9s are quite similar to the Supine temperament in that they share attributes with all the other types, but only deny them in themselves. Self-denial naturally leads to a passive attitude toward potentially hostile situations. It is usually only when someone else is denied that a 9 will take a stance, because at that point they tend to feel peace has truly been compromised.

When I was younger, I did voice myself and I usually thought my thoughts were pretty valid. As time went on, I stopped because I never got what I wanted (I wanted to convince people). That actually seems like the typical 9 upbringing, but as you can see, I'm making an effort to convince you right now. Not exactly the perfect portrait for self-denial.

point taken

Jaguar

No doubt there are flashy introverts.

On stage personas are just that - on stage personas. I wouldn't call them flashy introverts since they are not flashy off stage. Freddie Mercury was quite the introvert but his on stage persona was a showman. Beyonce is an introvert and refers to her extroverted on stage persona as her 'alter ego'.

OTOH, Donald Trump is not an introvert.

On reflecting for 3 hours a day, and reading, Trump said:

"It also gives me material to feed my extroverted nature."

How anyone could think someone as extroverted as Trump is an introvert is bizarre. I've seen the guy interviewed for 20 years. He's a raging extrovert, and a risk-taking wheeler-dealer if there ever was one.

G

Ginkgo

On stage personas are just that - on stage personas. I wouldn't call them flashy introverts since they are not flashy off stage. Freddie Mercury was quite the introvert but his on stage persona was a showman. Beyonce is an introvert and refers to her extroverted on stage persona as her 'alter ego'.

How anyone could think someone as extroverted as Trump is an introvert is bizarre. I've seen the guy interviewed for 20 years. He's a raging extrovert, and a risk-taking wheeler-dealer if there ever was one.

You read my mind.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Michael Jackson and Prince are all extremely flashy outside of their respective personas. other good examples of flashy introverts are Hazel O'Connor, Maria Callas, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Britney Spears. flashy does not require one to be high energy and extroverted. flashy is about having an eye catching, extravagant presence that gives a strong, distinct impression.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Michael Jackson and Prince are all extremely flashy outside of their respective personas. other good examples of flashy introverts are Hazel O'Connor, Maria Callas, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Britney Spears. flashy does not require one to be high energy and extroverted. flashy is about having an eye catching, extravagant presence that gives a strong, distinct impression.

Donald Trump and Lady Gaga ar not introverts. They are both ESTP.