failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Here's a description of SLOAN, here's a list of Big 5 tests, and here's a thread with some more Big 5 tests. Pick one and go!
    thanks!! i got rcoai. not sure how that correlates with mbti........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

RCOAI would correspond to INFJ. (R=I; O=J; A=F and I=N)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So you finally changed again!
    Well, ENFJ would be a closer match to your 4Marks result as well (Choleric). I would think ENFJ would be more a Choleric-Phlegmatic mixture, but 4Marks doesn't allow blends between those two. Being choleric would also make you identify with ENTJ somewhat.
    And now, you can totally indentify with tour "Fe incarnate" birthday froggie. (If you do accommodate pople, that would be a sign of high Fe).
    Now that SLOAN, Enneagram, and MBTI actually match up, maybe I can make temperament and cognitive functions align as well.. for the perfect holistic picture! I'll have to keep investigating the cognitive functions, though I'm choosing to leave them out until they do

From the standpoint of wanting to accommodate everyone around me at the expense of even knowing what I want, well.. that has described me in the past, and it's perfectly in line with Enneagram 3. I can see how that could seem Fe-dominant, but I'll need to convince myself a bit more before I'm ready to make that jump

It's strange that the frog and my signature make more sense now than when I first chose them

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    thanks!! i got rcoai. not sure how that correlates with mbti........
    To generalize, as far as MBTI and SLOAN dichotomies are concerned, they'd correlate pretty much exactly as you expect.

Reserved/Social = Introverted/Extroverted
    Calm/Limbic = --
    Organized/Unstructured = Judging/Perceiving
    Egocentric/Accommodating = Thinking/Feeling
    Non-Curious/Inquisitive = Sensing/Intuition (although J/P has a bit to do with this dimension as well)

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    RCOAI would correspond to INFJ. (R=I; O=J; A=F and I=N)
    man, you really know this sh#$. thanx. guess i really am infj, even though others question me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Now that SLOAN, Enneagram, and MBTI actually match up, maybe I can make temperament and cognitive functions align as well.. for the perfect holistic picture! I'll have to keep investigating the cognitive functions, though I'm choosing to leave them out until they do

From the standpoint of wanting to accommodate everyone around me at the expense of even knowing what I want, well.. that has described me in the past, and it's perfectly in line with Enneagram 3. I can see how that could seem Fe-dominant, but I'll need to convince myself a bit more before I'm ready to make that jump

It's strange that the frog and my signature make more sense now than when I first chose them
    So what's the problem with the temperament?
    Even though that was the last area I looked, the Berens temperament targets did help settle it for me. People even suggest starting with temperament first, before going into the cognitive processes, which are really the "advanced" level. (And As I am seeing, have several different interpretations, and can be very ambiguous. I'm still trying to make sure those fit properly, and see that Lenore Thomson's interpretation with the brain alternatives is a good check & balance for the Beebe model I was more familiar with).

Since you came from ENFP and changed over to the J, then the temperament would still be the same: NF. You had also tried on ENTJ, but it seemed F was more accurate. If you think NF is more accurate than NT, then temperament should not be a problem; that should basically be settled.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

garbage

Whoops, I mean the classic temperaments, not Kiersey's. I'd also love to see how those two systems are correlated; I know that Kiersey discusses it to a certain extent.

Also, it's not that I distrust my results; it's simply the next system that I'd like to investigate in detail and attain a greater understanding of.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Keirsey says SP=Sanguine, SJ=Melancholic, NF=Choleric and NT=Phlegmatic. These are not blended like the way 4Marks blends two of them. However, there are also the Interaction Styles that correspond to the ancient four as well:
    IST/INJ=Melancholic, EST/ENJ=Choleric, ISF/INP=Phlegmatic, ESF/ENP=Sanguine.
    These do blend with the four temperaments (since each type is one temperament and one Interaction Style), creating combinations similar to 4Marks, and LaHaye and others.

So if Keirsey was right, ENFP would match Sanguine-Choleric. But I believe that he matched NT and NF based on the wrong criteria: emotional exciteability. But that is more fitting for the Interaction Styles, which are based on introversion and extraversion. The extraverts will be more expressive, and hence, appear more "exciteable". With the "conative" temperaments Keirsey outlined, the true Choleric need would be the NT's need for mastery, and the Strategic skills set. The true Phlegmatic would be the NF's Diplomatic skills set, and need for harmony. ENTP fits the Sanguine-Choleric better (blend of both "expressive" temperaments), and ENFP fits Sanguine-Phlegmatic (blend of both people-focused temperaments, so extra people-focused).

So if this is right, then with ENFJ, you have the Choleric. However, it would be mixed with Phlegmatic, but 4Marks doesn't allow that. So I guess it determined you had a lot of Sanguine traits next. And having both Choleric and Sanguine in the social interaction area may make you teeter between ENP and ENJ.

Here is where I correlate the types with a system that blends the ancient temperaments:
    ERICA vs EISeNFelT

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

RCUAI
    x|C|UaI
    R(52%)C(82%)U(68%)A(54%)I(74%)

I think this says it all. INFP. I'm a pretty awesome INFP, but then again, these results are more like XNXP. Calm versus Limbic is actually slightly related to T versus F ... well, I'm either a balanced ENTP that is rather reserved and emotionally stable(?), or I'm an INFP that is mostly deluded, but preferably balanced in extroversion and thinking.
    5 3 9

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jeffster - I'm not sure he's a SPIF. I mean, what data has he produced to back up this typing? None that I've seen. I'm quite suspicious.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Hay gaiz. I'm actually INFP. Discuss.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin