• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think people are typing her based on her contribution to the thread on the child abuse dealt by Texas judge William Adams.

That's what crossed my mind...

ENTPs are the least likely type to be religious of them all. They dont trust a religion they havent invented themselves

Maybe, but that doesn't rule it out. Context/personal history is important. Functions are not viewpoints.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe, but that doesn't rule it out. Context/personal history is important. Functions are not viewpoints.

So thats why NTs are the least religious: all the same cultural background ?!

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
So thats why NTs are the least religious: all the same cultural background ?!

Not necessarily. It's just a factor among many.

Also, consider that many more NTs were religious until recently, even when they rejected certain dogmas (e.g. Gottfried Leibniz, Isaac Newton, C. S. Lewis, etc.).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well in times when you wasnt accepted in the academic society when you werent religious, I cant blame them

KDude

I think NTPs are appreciative/even obsessive about abstract constructs/systems, and religion is no exception. Even existing religions. It might just click for some.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think NTPs are appreciative/even obsessive about abstract constructs/systems, and religion is no exception. Even existing religions. It might just click for some.

Thats true, but for religions which are build on wisdom. Not religions who say condomes are the devils work.

My religion is the creation and development of self. You basically play Tetris with your experiences and wisdoms you made in life and from that you build your own autnomous self. Following any belief or other authority is not my way, I do respect other people for their autonomy and beliefs, but I mustnt understand them, if they dont click with mine. People can belief and do what they want, I have such a strong trust in my own abilities that I nearly always now before how it will play out for people. Call that blind, call that arrogant, it doesnt matter, it is myself and my stuborness prolly is the one thing that will never change in my life.

Imo people should concentrate on finding wisdom thru other people, not religions or strange books. Real life is the best teacher for everything.

KDude

Oh, and before one says religion isn't logical, I don't think ETPs in particular take logic all that seriously anyways. They're good with it, but it's more like a tool to play with, where things can work logically depending on their perceptions and situation. Hell, it's why ENTP is known to be a sort of devil's advocate sometimes. They can present things to make it seem logical, given the right conditions. It's Ti doms who take it more seriously and hate when things break more general rules. So that said, I think they could possibly percieve a religion's cohesiveness in a sort of bubble without even realizing it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh, and before one says religion isn't logical, I don't think ETPs in particular take logic all that seriously anyways. They're good with it, but it's more like a tool to play with, where things can work logically depending on their perceptions and situation. Hell, it's why ENTP is known to be a sort of devil's advocate sometimes. They can present things to make it seem logical, given the right conditions. It's Ti doms who take it more seriously and hate when things break more general rules. So that said, I think they could possibly percieve a religion's cohesiveness in a sort of bubble without even realizing it.

I love how you can bend every character trait to look like a religious one. You should reconsider your entpness.

The thing about logic isnt true. Logic is my highest and most precious jewel in life. It keeps me grounded, it provides answers, it gives me identity and it brings order into chaos.

Entps dont "play" devils advocate, they have the faculty to see the same issue from different perspectives. Thats a thing people just do not understand, cause it would drive them mad

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Seeing life from the point of religion and to condemn everyone to hell who doesnt believe as well, is one opinion. An entp who has only one opinion and is sure about it, is the anti-ENTP. If that would happen a cataclysmic chain reaction is about to follow that will tear the spacetime continuum apart and end our life as we know it.

Proof is myself. Tho I am an agnostic, there are times in my life when I pray to God or visit a church. It always depends on the mood.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5-3-9: these Fives might strike others as rather pleasant and cooperative persons, but they are usually more ambitious and purposeful than they let on. They are goal-oriented individualists who dream of achieving an impressive and long-lasting success in their field – they secretly desire becoming famous and leaving their mark on the world. These Fives are also more dependent on outer validation than others – they care more about their image and the way others perceive and react to them, therefore they might seem a little more conventional and mainstream in their behavior.
typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, balanced wings
similar tritypes: 5-9-3, 9-5-3
flavours: cunning, congenial, goal-oriented and flexible

Okay, now I believe tritype exists. They teach that everyone feels a pull from each enneagram type, which means you could basically have two reasonably dominant types. Consider me converted, it actually makes a lot of sense now, it seemed rather arbitrary before.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I wasn't trying to be contentious here, [MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION]. I just meant that functions do not necessarily lead to specific opinions. You might as well say that ENTP women all hate wearing high heels, that ISFJs can't be left-wing or that no INTJs like fast food. :shrug:

In any case, where has Nerd Girl been "condemning everyone to hell" or whatnot? I don't see that kind of fundamentalism from her. :dry:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You havent understood my point. I am always contentious.

And please dont twist my words.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
You havent understood my point. I am always contentious.

And please dont twist my words.

You said ENTPs aren't into religion, which you associated with "condemning people to hell" here. What I attempted to point out was that NG does not seem to be the kind of religious person you described, despite being religious by her own admission.

If I misrepresented you, I apologize.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I didn't mean to "win", buddy. I just wanted to point out a possible stereotype. Sorry for the scuffle. :blush:

Also, I repeat my question about the ISFJ/INFP vs. INFJ thing...

R

Riva

Because, well, some ENTP are quite religious... :huh:

ENTPs are the least likely type to be religious of them all. They dont trust a religion they havent invented themselves

I am quite religious.
Okay maybe not religious but I believe in a religion.

But then again the religion I believe in is somewhat atheist.
(Does not believe in a creator God, does not have to worship, love and be loyal to a creator God, does not believe that God is almighty etc.)

So I'm religious.
But the religion I belong in to is not a stereotypical religion.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I am quite religious.

(Does not believe in a creator God, does not have to worship, love and be loyal to a creator God, does not believe that God is almighty etc.)

So I'm religious.

Some religions are somewhat atheistic by nature, most notably Buddhism. :yes:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am quite religious.

So I'm religious.

Yea I think its a cultural thing. Americans are very idealistic and a spiritual component is rooted within all of you. This is not bad I am just not yet ready for it. I still have to settle some scores with myself first.