• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you still wish to label me as a 9w1 then feel free to do so but I know myself far better than anyone on here will ever know me and I can type myself just fine on my own.

Ya, I've really got to agree that 4's are not all doom and gloom. I know that I really don't like wallowing in my own misery, bugs me the fuck out. I've had a few people tell me I'm 3, but as you mention here I know myself better than forumers and honestly, I think 4's have it pretty rough. If I was going to delude myself into an e-type it sure as hell wouldn't be a 4. (No offense other 4's lol!). I have had some really harsh things happen to me in my life and I just realized a while back that if I wallowed in it I might as well say goodbye. Life is hard enough without complicating the matter. I think maturity, life experience, level of health, sing, varient, etc. etc. make is fairly difficult for anyone to say for sure what anothers e-type is. I certainly wouldnt be pompous enough to insist someone is another type unless I was on close terms with them.

G

Glycerine

this still all sounds like a 9 to me. 4s are melodramatic even when they know no one cares. this is all a guess of course

Dude just leave her alone. She gave you her reasons for why she thinks she's a certain type and you are still trying to make your case.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude just leave her alone. She gave you her reasons for why she thinks she's a certain type and you are still trying to make your case.

was I coming across as pushy? :shrug:

G

Glycerine

Yes...lol

EDIT: Not as an act of pity but when a person self-discloses like that, they are typically trying to make a big point.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
this still all sounds like a 9 to me. 4s are melodramatic even when they know no one cares. this is all a guess of course

I'd say healthy Fours can turn their deep melancholy into something productive and empowering... Living with despair for your whole life would be pretty damn depressing.

Also, I think Sat doesn't care much about your opinion... :unsure:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

LEAVE SATURNED ALONE!!!

leave-britney-alone45912506089353374.jpeg

R

Riva

You, good sir, are certainly an ISTJ.

Anyone think that I mistyped myself, and should turn in my INTJ card?

We don't think you're an INTJ.
Why?
We saw your picture on picture time.
:yim_rolling_on_the_
Now we all know you're a Japanese barbie doll and not a real person at all.
:tongue:

Nah!!
In all seriousness your posts suggests INTJ.
And that you're a barbie doll.
:tongue:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This is why I don't prefer these threads in general. It's kind of strange to me, people trying to type one another based on the teeny tiny bit of knowledge we get from people's posts here. Saturned has known Saturned for x amount of years. (I know her age but not sure if she wants it announced.) Elfboy doesn't know Saturned at all, they don't even get along in this setting.

This is one specific case, but it happens to everyone all over the board. I like typing people who ask for help because it's fun. Other than that, murky waters.

A

Anew Leaf

This is my last post to you on this subject. But it occurs to me that maybe you need to actually read up on what you think you are an expert in:

Type Four—More Depth by Level
Healthy Levels
Level 1 (At Their Best): Profoundly creative, expressing the personal and the universal, possibly in a work of art. Inspired, self-renewing and regenerating: able to transform all their experiences into something valuable: self-creative.

Level 2: Self-aware, introspective, on the "search for self," aware of feelings and inner impulses. Sensitive and intuitive both to self and others: gentle, tactful, compassionate.

Level 3: Highly personal, individualistic, "true to self." Self-revealing, emotionally honest, humane. Ironic view of self and life: can be serious and funny, vulnerable and emotionally strong.

Average Levels
Level 4: Take an artistic, romantic orientation to life, creating a beautiful, aesthetic environment to cultivate and prolong personal feelings. Heighten reality through fantasy, passionate feelings, and the imagination.

Level 5: To stay in touch with feelings, they interiorize everything, taking everything personally, but become self-absorbed and introverted, moody and hypersensitive, shy and self-conscious, unable to be spontaneous or to "get out of themselves." Stay withdrawn to protect their self-image and to buy time to sort out feelings.

Level 6: Gradually think that they are different from others, and feel that they are exempt from living as everyone else does. They become melancholy dreamers, disdainful, decadent, and sensual, living in a fantasy world. Self-pity and envy of others leads to self-indulgence, and to becoming increasingly impractical, unproductive, effete, and precious.

Unhealthy Levels
Level 7: When dreams fail, become self-inhibiting and angry at self, depressed and alienated from self and others, blocked and emotionally paralyzed. Ashamed of self, fatigued and unable to function.

Level 8: Tormented by delusional self-contempt, self-reproaches, self-hatred, and morbid thoughts: everything is a source of torment. Blaming others, they drive away anyone who tries to help them.

Level 9: Despairing, feel hopeless and become self-destructive, possibly abusing alcohol or drugs to escape. In the extreme: emotional breakdown or suicide is likely. Generally corresponds to the Avoidant, Depressive, and Narcissistic personality disorders.

Source: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeFour.asp

I'll draw a picture for you: Not all Fours act the same. (You can also substitute ones, twos, threes, fives, etc in for the word fours.) Not all Fours are unhealthy. (Once again you can substitute any other number for the word "fours.")

And, yes, you are being both pushy and ignorant in these matters. I fail to see how someone with whom I have had almost zero interactions with, is more qualified to tell me who I am. Especially taking into account the fact that you a: don't know who you are* and b: don't like women to begin with.

*Evidence is based on the 2 dozen "what type am I?" threads created by you and about you that are floating around on just this forum. I shudder to think what has been created on other boards.

TL;DR: You know nothing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is my last post to you on this subject. But it occurs to me that maybe you need to actually read up on what you think you are an expert in:
Source: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeFour.asp

I'll draw a picture for you: Not all Fours act the same. (You can also substitute ones, twos, threes, fives, etc in for the word fours.) Not all Fours are unhealthy. (Once again you can substitute any other number for the word "fours.")

And, yes, you are being both pushy and ignorant in these matters. I fail to see how someone with whom I have had almost zero interactions with, is more qualified to tell me who I am. Especially taking into account the fact that you a: don't know who you are* and b: don't like women to begin with.

*Evidence is based on the 2 dozen "what type am I?" threads created by you and about you that are floating around on just this forum. I shudder to think what has been created on other boards.
TL;DR: You know nothing.

when did I claim I was an expert? far from it. apologies if I was a little pushy, but please don't put words in my mouth :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
when did I claim I was an expert? far from it. apologies if I was a little pushy, but please don't put words in my mouth :)
I believe [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]'s comment meant "end of discussion", good sir. :yes: Her post was not about the little details, like whether she claimed you were an expert or not. It was about general trends.

You just got Te/Si-bitchslapped and didn't even know it!
This is why I don't prefer these threads in general. It's kind of strange to me, people trying to type one another based on the teeny tiny bit of knowledge we get from people's posts here. Saturned has known Saturned for x amount of years. (I know her age but not sure if she wants it announced.) Elfboy doesn't know Saturned at all, they don't even get along in this setting.

This is one specific case, but it happens to everyone all over the board. I like typing people who ask for help because it's fun. Other than that, murky waters.
^ Great post. :nice: My feelings exactly.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
So after giving some thought to my personal history, I would say that I fit the profile for INFJ slightly more than INTJ. But I think much of this depends on my mood.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
WTH was Saturned bitching about anyway? She's typing everyone else left and right "with certain accuracy" while barely knowing some of them (like me), insisting that because someone's possible use of a function doesn't click with her use of it, the person doesn't have it. She's got a right to her opinion, but hey, it's fair game for people to dish it back to her in return. Big fucking deal.

EDIT: anyway, sounds like you're all laying this to rest, so w/e, it's not my concern hereafter.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
WTH was Saturned bitching about anyway? She's typing everyone else left and right "with certain accuracy" while barely knowing some of them (like me), insisting that because someone's possible use of a function doesn't click with her use of it, the person doesn't have it. She's got a right to her opinion, but hey, it's fair game for people to dish it back to her in return. Big fucking deal.

EDIT: anyway, sounds like you're all laying this to rest, so w/e, it's not my concern hereafter.

An evil tongue could say, saturned could be due to that^ be an E.

but I dont want to rerail this thread :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've a few typologycentral individuals in mind I believe may possibly be mistyped however it is also possible my perceptions may fall to inaccuracy at times.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've a few typologycentral individuals in mind I believe may possibly be mistyped however it is also possible my perceptions may fall to inaccuracy at times.

The question that remains is: how can one at all type other people ? Given the mbti test is a test of preference that would mean if you would type someone else, you'ld dictate what that persons preferences are. But that can only be known by the person in question.

I'ld be careful with typing other people. The scientific rational background of such an action is more than questionable.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The question that remains is: how can one at all type other people ? Given the mbti test is a test of preference that would mean if you would type someone else, you'ld dictate what that persons preferences are. But that can only be known by the person in question.

I'ld be careful with typing other people. The scientific rational background of such an action is more than questionable.
Indeed however there are times in which contradictory information is given. If a person were to type himself as an INTP and then tells you everything he does is based upon how he feels about it would that not be a contradiction? Do you believe his self-identification or his statement? Cognitive dissonance occurs due to inconsistent information about the individual and to remove that, one will self-choose which to believe about the other person based on one's own perceptive and judgement system.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Indeed however there are times in which contradictory information is given. If a person were to type himself as an INTP and then tells you everything he does is based upon how he feels about it would that not be a contradiction? Do you believe his self-identification or his statement? Cognitive dissonance occurs due to inconsistent information about the individual and to remove that, one will self-choose which to believe about the other person based on one's own perceptive and judgement system.

No, you are of course right. I am concerned in such a situation (intp example) a bit more with the general picture. if a guy who is totally a feeler does present himself as an intp, I dont know if it helps him if you type him "right", cause it seems as if he would have other problems. In that moment you cant really tell what his true self is; according to his present actions he seems like a feeler, but it could very well be his situation ( problems in self-reflection ) that make him an unbalanced intp who acts out from his 4th function.

Imo the idealized nature of mbti is that everyone can type him-/ or herself in the end. And that nobody should force a type onto another, cause that is in direct violation with the intention of mbti ( a test of preference ). If you have an intp like you described him, of course you need to show him that his behaviour contradicts with his supposed personality type, but a person like that would have other deeper conflicts that need to be resolved. And just by posting in the mistyped thread: this and that person doesnt behave like its proposed in pattern A, I dont know if thats a real help or doesnt on the contrary make things worse.

I mean that just as a thought to keep in mind.