• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not a man, you silly. :D I thought the responses were interesting, and I'll get to answering them a bit later. :)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not a man, you silly. :D I thought the responses were interesting, and I'll get to answering them a bit later. :)

So mean, misleading people like that.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't relate to se at all because i'm oblivious to my surroundings most of the time.

Honestly, I was too, and my S.O. says I still am. It's Ti. I can be a Ti-head when I'm in public, and become focused on something that's in my head, and then ignore my surroundings. Of course, the initial evaluation is coming from a Te perspective, but it seems somewhat accurate. Comparitively, I'm way-less-focused on the outer-world than my S.O. ESTP's seem to be better at focusing on the outer-world than I am, with Se first in the mix.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do. You seem more ISFJ. Very group-aware and cautious - and not prickly like other ISTPs on here seem to be. This could all just be your 6w5 though.

ISFJ? Hmmm.....
Think it may have to do with this, as well:
"This type is identified with their respective gender roles for security."

I think it could be my sx/sp variation.

I could see that. 6s in general are group aware and cautious, but what makes me consider ISFJ is he has a more involved, compassionate quality to him than any ISTP I've met. perhaps that age and experience though.

I think it's this:

"On the high side, this subtype can be the most fiercely loyal to their friendships and to those loved ones who have gained their trust. The intensity of the sexual instinct brings with it a passion that is unwavering for the love and protection of their loved ones. The nature of the Six to "go towards," combined with the merging of the sexual instinct, can sometimes create an idealization of others, the ones that have passed the test of the Six. On the down side, the fear of losing the close relationship can cause this subtype to desperately lash out counterphobicaly."

I think it's the sx/sp that causes the "passion" and involvement, along with the 6w5 need to take up for the underdog, possibly?. Of course, age and background have something to do with it.

[MENTION=13653]ICUP[/MENTION] also, I get more of a 6w7 vibe than 6w5 and Sx/So more than Sx/Sp. just a thought of course. you give the impression of someone who has previously struggled with escapist tendencies (more 7-ish than 5-ish)

I think my wings have usually been pretty balanced in the past, actually. I've always liked work/school, and loved to analyze. You are right that I am an escapist. When work is over, I like shopping, have loved partying, etc. Not as much these days, but it's still a part of me. I think I'm moving more toward 6w5 long-term, but yes, I still am very 7 when it comes to escapist-tendencies, depending on how much work I'm doing presently, and how annoying the day has been lol.......for a while, i was mostly 6w5, now I'm doing more 7. I still consider myself more 6w5 than 6w7, even though 6w7 does definitely describe me in some ways. I have of yet to manifest myself as mostly "healthy" by the 6 definitions, so I suppose it's hard to say which way I will go.....

It seems I flip and flop between wings, alot, but by definition, I think I'm more 6w5 than 6w7. I've considered it in the past. I definitely have a tendency to imbibe like a 7 lol. :D

Sx/So - that's interesting. I think I become more social as I feel more comfortable in a situation. Maybe I am more socially-aware than I actually think I am. I've always considered myself fairly socially-incapable. LoL.... maybe I am getting better at it as time goes on. I definitely do feel a need sometimes to AW, and maybe my social persona IS that of sx/so. I will give it some thought. I think I always saw sx/so as being more capable at it than I am. I think I'm sx/sp, as I address sx first definitely, and then sp, with social always bringing up the rear, and being less-important. Maybe my sx and need for relationships/connection is leading the way. I'll give it some thought. :) Very interesting and good observations.

[MENTION=13653]ICUP[/MENTION] , you seem like a typical ISTP Sx female to me. Fe inferior, practicality-focused, logical, earthy, don't like being boxed in/master of your own universe.

As an ISFJ female, you probably see the stuff in me that couldn't possibly be ISFJ. ;) I do tend to have all of these mentioned, to some degree.
The others probably see the parts that seem non-ISTP'ish, and they stand out as being so.

Thanks you all for the feedback. Something to think about.....

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd wager that I'm an xxFJ. I don't really get Fi or the purpose of it, but Fe is totally useful, since it makes life easier when people (IRL) like you enough to either help you or get out of the way. :smile:

How would you define Fe? What does it mean to you, and how do you believe it informs your interactions as a result?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I could have sworn you told me at some point that you were a gay man (curse you inferior Si!). omg I feel like an idiot now :laugh: sorry about that

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could have sworn you told me at some point that you were a gay man (curse you inferior Si!). omg I feel like an idiot now :laugh: sorry about that

Oh, you were serious? LoL.... I thought you were just fooling around. :D

:laugh:

Other people have thought I was a gay man too. No problems to me.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, you were serious? LoL.... I thought you were just fooling around. :D

:laugh:

Other people have thought I was a gay man too. No problems to me.

Aww, your a solid 10 on the mean scale.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As an ISFJ female, you probably see the stuff in me that couldn't possibly be ISFJ. ;) I do tend to have all of these mentioned, to some degree.
The others probably see the parts that seem non-ISTP'ish, and they stand out as being so.

I wasn't thinking about ISFJ at all when I made that post. Mostly what I see is how much you resemble a few other female ISTPs on this forum (and one I know IRL). Just my opinion.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't thinking about ISFJ at all when I made that post. Mostly what I see is how much you resemble a few other female ISTPs on this forum (and one I know IRL). Just my opinion.

Hmmmm..... Thanks for response. I am glad I look like the other ISTP women. :) I wondered how much I looked like them, because of the sx-stuff.

I always felt as if I was different from the other ISTP's. Maybe it's because of the 6w5 tendency to want to separate myself, to be a loner.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How would you define Fe? What does it mean to you, and how do you believe it informs your interactions as a result?

My crude definition of Fe is people skills and approaching people in a way that psychologically makes them want to become your allies later on. Professional success is largely determined by people skills and your ability to network.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmmm..... Thanks for response. I am glad I look like the other ISTP women. :) I wondered how much I looked like them, because of the sx-stuff.

I always felt as if I was different from the other ISTP's. Maybe it's the 6w5 tendency to want to separate myself, to be a loner.

They ALL want to be loners! It's an ISTP trademark. lol

G

Glycerine

My crude definition of Fe is people skills and approaching people in a way that psychologically makes them want to become your allies later on. Professional success is largely determined by people skills and your ability to network.

Sounds so much like tertiary Fe in EXTPs. I am thinking many strong Fe doms would be appalled by what they would deem "rudeness" from you. Not that I care... I find the way you say things quite humorous. lol Based on many of your posts, my ESFJ e3 dad wouldn't really know how to react to you. lol

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They ALL want to be loners! It's an ISTP trademark. lol

Maybe it's just an istp thing, in general.... ha.... never really known enough of them closely, to know how they feel about it.
I guess it's untested to me, and I haven't read any ISTP descriptions that really describe us as "loners". Hmmm.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe it's just an istp thing, in general.... ha.... never really known enough of them closely, to know how they feel about it.
I guess it's untested to me, and I haven't read any ISTP descriptions that really describe us as "loners". Hmmm.

Ask around. It's something more of a result of them needing their autonomy, space and freedom to do what they please.

They won't let anyone cramp their style, unless they invite you to (after passing the 54 point inspection and the prerequisite drills at dawn, lol).

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ask around. It's something more of a result of them needing their autonomy, space and freedom to do what they please.

They won't let anyone cramp their style, unless they invite you to (after passing the 54 point inspection and the prerequisite drills at dawn, lol).

I don't know if I would call that a "loner" though, and I think that's where the breakdown is occurring.... me and my definitions. :rolleyes::)

Yes, I agree with your description, as far as ISTP goes. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if I would call that a "loner" though, and I think that's where the breakdown is occurring.... me and my definitions. :rolleyes::)

"Loner", as in, not really a follower or likely to go with the crowd just because everyone else is. An ISTP Sx will probably like being around people they are very close to, whom they are very protective of and who respect their need to do their thing.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Loner", as in, not really a follower or likely to go with the crowd just because everyone else is. An ISTP Sx will probably like being around people they are very close to, whom they are very protective of and who respect their need to do their thing.

Ok, makes sense. I was more using the definition: "A loner is a person who avoids or does not actively seek human interaction or prefers to be alone."
Sometimes I am more of a loner, and can go through periods where I want to be alone most of the time. Other times, I am more social, and seek company.