Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I knew it!!!!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Assuming that you're correct about MBTT, then how do you type somebody at all? And how is it even a predictor of behavior, if time is only an analogy?
    Did you know that all space and time is contained in one point, and one instant? But that's beside the point, really.

The easiest ways for me to type people are by

a. Temperament analysis--That is, someone's like others of a type.
    b. Preference analysis--That is, determine each preference separately by analyzing their behavior.
    c. Functional analysis (with my system)--That is, determine primary and support functions by analyzing behavior.
    d. A combination of the above. Which is what I do, most of the time.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You do the same like every good physic student does. Try and Error, Try and Error, Try and Error, Try and Error...
    Failure only means you're getting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Did you know that all space and time is contained in one point, and one instant? But that's beside the point, really.

The easiest ways for me to type people are by

a. Temperament analysis--That is, someone's like others of a type.
    b. Preference analysis--That is, determine each preference separately by analyzing their behavior.
    c. Functional analysis (with my system)--That is, determine primary and support functions by analyzing behavior.
    d. A combination of the above. Which is what I do, most of the time.
    This is besides the point. The point is criteria. You said 'time,' but then you took it back. If there's no objective criteria, then I can't see how this isn't just a castrated version of MBTT.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Failure only means you're getting somewhere.
    LOL, I must remember that one.

This is besides the point. The point is criteria. You said 'time,' but then you took it back. If there's no objective criteria, then I can't see how this isn't just a castrated version of MBTT.
    What? I didn't take it back. I'll say it again. IT WAS ALWAYS AN ABSTRACT REPRESENTATION. Do you really, really think I somehow thought that it was a realistic interpretation?

This is why I don't like explaining shit to people, for Christ's sake.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Woah, I feel like I just stumbled onto the MBTIc secret lair. Bad ass.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFJ

What? I didn't take it back. I'll say it again. IT WAS ALWAYS AN ABSTRACT REPRESENTATION. Do you really, really think I somehow thought that it was a realistic interpretation?

This is why I don't like explaining shit to people, for Christ's sake.
    I mean concrete, objective criteria.

MBTT is the same -- everything is in the abstract. I don't see how yours is any better if it's... well, exactly the same.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I mean concrete, objective criteria.
    We don't have any. Ever wonder why SJs don't tend to care for personality typing?

MBTT is the same -- everything is in the abstract. I don't see how yours is any better if it's... well, exactly the same.
    Of course it's all abstract, but everything was based on someone's perception. MBTT function order was based on the perceptions of a blasted INFP interpreting the work of who knows what, maybe an INTJ. And here I am, an INTP, telling you what I think. I obviously can't prove it's more correct because that's impossible. If you think it makes sense, use it, that's all.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Aww.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't mind having something subjectively arbitray suddenly cast as the institutional standard. Hell, that's how the entire dictionary works. What always bothered me is that no one even give a cosistent, arbitrary method for not only measuring a person's type, but (this is important) quantifying it.

The closest thing that has ever come to doing that are tests. In fact, they precisely have done that. But of course a lot of other complaints will be raised about those.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783 sx/so

Of course it's all abstract, but everything was based on someone's perception. MBTT function order was based on the perceptions of a blasted INFP interpreting the work of who knows what, maybe an INTJ. And here I am, an INTP, telling you what I think. I obviously can't prove it's more correct because that's impossible. If you think it makes sense, use it, that's all.
    I yesterday talked to a girl accomplishing her doctor in psychology. I expected her to know everything about MBTT, but she vaguely knew it.

She even got further and said MBTT is BS, because it depends on the style of answering its questions. Like the test taker gets the results he wants.

I was completly baffled by this, coming from a doctor student of psychology. I was thinking, if she ever thought about the fact that all of live could be subjective and objectivity remains an illusion ?

Someone has to tell her, before she practices, otherwise I probably think, she will think there is never error in her judgement

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: