User Tag List

Page 152 of 685 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6848

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    You could very well be an ISTP. They are Chart-the-Course too (as is ISTJ) and actually are more systematic than many realize.

Generally speaking I think many people on this forum as S, only a few are really abstract and truly intuitive - at least that's how they come across on this forum. But then there's that bias that N is related to intelligence and being 'different' that many buy into.
    I agree except to expound that Ni is the only function that correlates with intuition as we commonly understand it. Ne is action oriented and comes close to resembling Se.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I agree except to expound that Ni is the only function that correlates with intuition as we commonly understand it. Ne is action oriented and comes close to resembling Se.
    Anything goes! (See sig)

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

[quote="?";405043]I agree except to expound that Ni is the only function that correlates with intuition as we commonly understand it. Ne is action oriented and comes close to resembling Se.[/quote]

Just as Ni could also resemble Si. Although, they are directed inward, and thus unobservable. So I guess with Te or Fe, IxTJs could seem similar and IxFJs could seem similar.

People also commonly associate Ti with being an Intuitive preference.

I took the [URL="http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html"]new cognitive processes test[/URL], and the results seem to be more clear cut than the other one.

EDIT: Why aren't the quoting and URL tags working?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You say that now, but if you and I were in a group IRL, in some kind of discussion, you'd be interjecting about twenty times more than I would be. Unless I was drunk.
    That's not what Introversion and Extraversion is all about.
    we fukin won boys

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Just as Ni could also resemble Si. Although, they are directed inward, and thus unobservable.
    Introverted functions are observable. They're just manifest the way the individual feels they ought to be, rather than what is derived from the external situation.
    It means they're very likely difficult to notice, because they're done in an unusual way -- we don't know how to look for it.
    This is why intimacy is correlated with introversion. Someone has to really know the individual to comprehend or even recognize their introverted function.

(Of course it's not referenced as this in common life, but it does happen)
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Anything goes! (See sig)
    Ummm.... I agree with Colors that you merely pointed out Socionics..... I see your theory and raise you my proposal based on what Jung may have declared since his focus was on the dominant function and gave less credence to the auxiliary. Even Myers-Briggs notes that the auxiliary is something that we should focus to develop, but admits that it's not always realistic since the dominant function is far more superior to the auxiliary.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ? View Post
    Ummm.... I agree with Colors that you merely pointed out Socionics..... I see your theory and raise you my proposal based on what Jung may have declared since his focus was on the dominant function and gave less credence to the auxiliary. Even Myers-Briggs notes that the auxiliary is something that we should focus to develop, but admits that it's not always realistic since the dominant function is far more superior to the auxiliary.
    Ehh, I don't think you got me. And we totally disagree about everything, so don't worry about it.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    This is quite interesting. But I'm still not quite getting what the "emotive valuation agenda having a mind of its own" of Fi is, and how it would differ from an extraverted judgment "directed toward the inner life" (which sounds like the definition of introversion).
    I'm a little hazy too on the specifics, although the idea is intriguing and something I plan to think more about.

Definitely we have to address the typically expressed INTP inclination towards merging "perfection in truth" and "beauty."

Seeing a perfectly balanced, perfectly working system, where all the parts are efficient and are fulfilling their purpose as per inherent definition creates a sense of strong awe and beauty in me. It can be someone's personality, it can be a theory, it can be a book or movie or work of music; but that sense of "wow!" and deep-seated beauty is based on the perfection of the idea/concept/system.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I realize that my perception of beauty is largely connected with technicalities (including stuff like symmetries, or comparitive frameworks, etc) and the negative emotional reactions to violations of these is what made it hard to sort out Ti vs the Fi some were suggesting. So that's why I'm just making sure to clarify what this Fi "agenda" everything is "filtered" through really is.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

CaptainChick might be ENFJ. There is a seeming preference for Feeling over Intuition.