User Tag List

Page 147 of 687 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6866

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #1461
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    No, BlueWing maintains that the Fe of the INTP may look like Fi for this reason, but the genuine essence of Introverted Feeling is close to non-existent because this function is the most supressed as it is in direct antithesis with the primary function which is the Introverted Thinking.
    I put "Fi" in quotes, because you said it wasn't Fi itself. And I fail to see how this is not an "odd marriage" between Ti and Fe, exactly how I described it.

  2. #1462
    ~dangerous curves ahead~ Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I'm not great with ethnicities other than my own, and I think most people operate similarly. But I don't see a problem with ENTP or ENFP here. Either would potentially fit.

    Regarding asking questions: That's what people tend to do in the OP of "What's my Type" threads, and the kind of questions asked can lead to my perceiving personality traits.
    Personalities transcend ethnicities, don't they.

    I'm curious... Why do you type yourself INTP, incidentally?

  3. #1463
    Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Personalities transcend ethnicities, don't they.

    I'm curious... Why do you type yourself INTP, incidentally?
    Interesting note in regard to this.

    Personality: A set of our habits concerning behavior.

    Temperament: A set of solidified unconscious tendencies of thought.

    Example distinguishing the two: An INTP in China will behave differently from an INTP in North America, but what they both will have in common is the tendency towards dispassionate contemplation.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  4. #1464
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Personalities transcend ethnicities, don't they.

    I'm curious... Why do you type yourself INTP, incidentally?
    Because I am one. Do you have any idea how introverted I am? Very. And it's not some half invented shite like Social Anxiety Disorder either.

    Re: ethnicity: Visual Identification only.

  5. #1465
    bad woman Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    19,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Haven't heard your opinion on my type, yet, jack. Curious.
    I'd say that you're an INTP with softer edges
    “The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #1466
    ~dangerous curves ahead~ Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Interesting note in regard to this.

    Personality: A set of our habits concerning behavior.

    Temperament: A set of solidified unconscious tendencies of thought.

    Example distinguishing the two: An INTP in China will behave differently from an INTP in North America, but what they both will have in common is the tendency towards dispassionate contemplation.
    I take your point, bluewing, but I was more referring to visual identification like how Jack is doing currently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Because I am one. Do you have any idea how introverted I am? Very. And it's not some half invented shite like Social Anxiety Disorder either.

    Re: ethnicity: Visual Identification only.
    I wouldn't know how introverted you are, and I would not mix the introversion of the MBTI with the social/psychological introversion like SAD either. I guess I can observe you.

  7. #1467
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    aelan: Intuition/Thinking Extrovert. ENTP. Certainty 3/4. Alternate: ENFP.

  8. #1468
    Tenured roisterer Array SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I put "Fi" in quotes, because you said it wasn't Fi itself. And I fail to see how this is not an "odd marriage" between Ti and Fe, exactly how I described it.
    Let me paraphrase what you stated.

    BlueWing describes the Introverted Feeling of the INTP as a synthesis of Introverted Thinking and Feeling.

    That is incorrect.

    What I said was the following, when an INTP feels, his Feelings are often directed at his inner life. For example, the INTP may find beauty in a mathematical equation, or some abstract idea. This is very similar to Fi, as for example we notice NFPs display an intense emotional reaction to an abstract idea. We find many examples for this phenomenon in the writings of Kierkegaard and Augustine.

    But what actually happens is the Extroverted Feeling is directed towards the inner life and not the Introverted Feeling itself.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Let me clarify further;

    Introverted function: Interposes an internal subjective mindset between the experience and itself.


    Extroverted function: Interacts directly with the external world.

    Introverted Feeling: Imposes a subtle unconscious agenda of valuation between the object and the psyche itself.

    Extroverted Feeling: Emotes directly in relation to the object.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

    As I have explained in my ENFJ profile, the Extroverted Feeler often collects the emotion expressed by others, as Jung says, an Extroverted Feeler may call a painting good or beautiful not because it directly pleases his or her aesthetical judgment, but because the present company feels the painting was good or beautiful.

    In the case of the INTP, the emotive judgment interacts directly with the object, in my example it is the mathematical equation. If the INTP thinks that the equation is beautiful, the emotional reaction will follow. In the case of an Fi type, Feeling has a mind of its own. The emotive agenda is not directly prescribed by an agent foreign to feeling, it operates by virtue of the aforementioned mystical agenda of unconscious emotive valuation of its own.

    Because the INTP does not employ such an agenda, this type is not an Introverted Feeling type.

    You stated that I was describing the Introverted Feeling of the INTP, this was not so. I was describing how the faculties of cognition of the INTP resemble Introverted Feeling, but they are not of Introverted Feeling.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #1469
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    tl;dr

  10. #1470
    Diabolical Array Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,560

    Default

    I'm bored 'n crap, do me Jack

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6537
    Last Post: Today, 01:57 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •