User Tag List

Page 136 of 688 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 6874

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

  1. #1351
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Alas, I haven't been witness to the conflict's in question, therefore I cannot comment.
    I refer you to the "Short rant on NFs" thread.

  2. #1352
    Senior Member Array Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Phoenix13's reactions to my posts are very indicative of an FJ.
    Perhaps her P function is very soft or something.
    I'm pretty sure she's ENFP. I'm not seeing the FJ. I see strong Fi.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #1353
    Nerd King Usurper Array Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I refer you to the "Short rant on NFs" thread.
    Just looked at it, and I must say, I disagree.

    She seems to start her arguments from conclusions like most Js do. She likes to make lists when she makes a point.

    And I'm not sure what infer by your previous post - that ENFJs balk away from arguments?

  4. #1354
    Nerd King Usurper Array Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm pretty sure she's ENFP. I'm not seeing the FJ. I see strong Fi.
    I can't argue using "cognitive functions" because I do not find them an accurate assessment of personalities. I prefer Keirsian typology SJ NF SP NT, and informative vs directive. Those to me seem a lot more definitive and exact.

  5. #1355
    Senior Member Array Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I can't argue using "cognitive functions" because I do not find them an accurate assessment of personalities. I prefer Keirsian typology SJ NF SP NT, and informative vs directive. Those to me seem a lot more definitive and exact.
    Well, you're incorrect with your conclusion that she's more directive than informative. But that's due to a lack of data.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #1356
    Nerd King Usurper Array Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well, you're incorrect with your conclusion that she's more directive than informative. But that's due to a lack of data.
    You know what, I take back what I said about her being directive. There are informative FJs (such as ISFJ and ESFJ). But she does give me an impression of being an FJ

    (previous post has been edited)

  7. #1357
    almost half a doctor Array phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Phoenix13's reactions to my posts are very indicative of an FJ.
    Perhaps her P function is very soft or something.
    Right, and by "reactions", you're refering to the only reaction I've ever given you: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post402785

    and your post reaked of arrogance, something at odds with my value system (Fi), so I called it out. Fe might be more inclined to let it slide, or at least be tactful. I'm not.

  8. #1358
    Nerd King Usurper Array Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Right, and by reactions, you're refering to the only reaction I've ever given you: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post402785

    and your post reaked of arrogance, something at odds with my value system (Fi), so I called it out. Fe might be more inclined to let it slide, or at least be tactful. I'm not.
    Don't forget your curt retort "wrong" to my post at ENFP/INTP Relationship?

    By the way, your "moral indignation" can be construed as arrogance as well.

    (edit: also, in the same thread as you have referenced, another ENFP states her attraction to arrogance. So there goes your cognitive function argument)

  9. #1359
    almost half a doctor Array phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Don't forget your curt retort "wrong" to my post at ENFP/INTP Relationship?

    By the way, your "moral indignation" can be construed as arrogance as well.

    (edit: also, in the same thread as you have referenced, another ENFP states her attraction to arrogance. So there goes your cognitive function argument)
    My retort was an impulsive response to what I considered an ill-considered statement. Very P-ish.

    I said your arrogance conflicted with my value system... I'm not indignant of you.

    In response to your edit: cognitive processes are thinking processes, not thoughts or values in themselves... there's no contradiction there.

  10. #1360
    `~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    phoenix13 is sooooooooooo fucking ENFP that I'm lol-ing at these accusations.


    If she isn't ENFP, neither am I.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6543
    Last Post: Yesterday, 12:17 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:15 AM
  3. TypeCentral Members- Casting Call as Disney Characters
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 03:10 AM
  4. TypeCentral Members- Cast them as musicians
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
  5. It's a mystery. (moved from Mistyped MBTIC Members)
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •