User Tag List

First 3181121129130131132133141181231631 Last

Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 7100

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    ESFJs can indeed be private. My point is, the stuff you don't see because she is private is the data you lack. I don't think you need a closer look. I think you are holding a magnifying glass over a small portion of the big picture that reinforces your preconceived ideas about someone who happens to disagree with and annoy you.
    I think you fail to understand my position. I always take typing people seriously. My reasoning for typing Jen was to better understand her intent, demeanor, and style. The only way to describe these three things that I'm aware of is to define her as xSFJ, likely ESFJ.

I'm quite adept at typing from a distance. Ask around the forum.

Somehow I don't think that as many people would be rushing to my defense if someone typed me as ESFJ in this thread. Is it because I don't hate ESFJs as much as Jen? Is it because I don't come across as one online?
    If it's not ok to assess someone as a type they hate, maybe we should make that clear in the OP. Otherwise people might get the wrong idea that any type assessment goes, as long as they can back it up.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    we're cellmates.

So when you were sad you internalized everything and now that you're happier you're more outgoing.
    I wouldn't say I was sad back then and I wouldn't call what I am now "happy", (I certainly don't walk around smiling) but I am more comfortable in my own skin. Content even. As a child I was very withdrawn and painfully shy. It took many years to pull myself out of that place.

The person who knows me better than anyone is my Husband and there's no way he'd be married to an extrovert let alone an ESFJ. Cafe also knows me very well so I am comfortable with her assessment of what type she believes me to be. We speak regularly and often discuss our future plans all the way up to us living in the same old folks home playing scrabble.

I also question whether or not I am completely J these days. I do my best to avoid obligations or reservations of my time. I am also homeschooling our son because the school system has failed us and choose a non secular homeschool group to avoid the SJ mentality. I am hardly a rigid mother but there are times when I have to work at being more structured for their own well being plus it's what society expects of me. However I can see based on my posting style, there being some confusion as to my type. I am not an easy person to pin down type wise so it's best to move on to someone else.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Jack Flak: ENTP
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    ...I am not an easy person to pin down type wise so it's best to move on to someone else.
    This is incorrect, and also happens to be a view more common of SJs than any other Keirseyan temperament.

MBTI
    ENFJ

In an attempt to reconcile his perceived introversion with his dominant extroverted intuition, Jack Flak created a new system in which INTPs, his claimed type, were 'intuitive primaries', and therefore solved the problem.

Little did he know that many ENTPs can also behave quite introvertedly, and that his system, if used alongside MBTI, would only screw up the typing of all ENTPs after him...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ISTP

I wouldn't say I was sad back then and I wouldn't call what I am now "happy", (I certainly don't walk around smiling) but I am more comfortable in my own skin. Content even. As a child I was very withdrawn and painfully shy. It took many years to pull myself out of that place.

The person who knows me better than anyone is my Husband and there's no way he'd be married to an extrovert let alone an ESFJ. Cafe also knows me very well so I am comfortable with her assessment of what type she believes me to be. We speak regularly and often discuss our future plans all the way up to us living in the same old folks home playing scrabble.

I also question whether or not I am completely J these days. I do my best to avoid obligations or reservations of my time. I am also homeschooling our son because the school system has failed us and choose a non secular homeschool group to avoid the SJ mentality. I am hardly a rigid mother but there are times when I have to work at being more structured for their own well being plus it's what society expects of me. However I can see based on my posting style, there being some confusion as to my type. I am not an easy person to pin down type wise so it's best to move on to someone else.
    Jen, just ignore them. This is a left over from personal conflict and has no bearing on your type. Everything you have described is accurate - if it represents you, it represents your type... just as I have known several ESFJs in my life and gotten to know them very well, nothing in your attitude or posts suggests it, and your description of yourself confirms it.

You are the best judge of your type. Shrug off amateur at-a-distance online typers who you have a recent history with.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    ...I'm quite adept at typing from a distance. Ask around the forum.
    You are?

Okay: What does everyone think of Jack's ability to type people at distance? (Or should I start a new thread?)

I also question whether or not I am completely J these days.
    No one is completely one or the other. But I would say that you're definitely more Je than most people I meet, and I think any issues I might have had earlier with you almost always involved your Je and my Pe not getting along. But it doesn't really matter, I don't need to know type in order to relate to you.

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Somehow I don't think that as many people would be rushing to my defense if someone typed me as ESFJ in this thread. Is it because I don't hate ESFJs as much as Jen? Is it because I don't come across as one online?
    Well, you're not ESFJ, so much so it's just not even worth arguing with someone about it if they actually would think that.

You also haven't been as active here as Jen has, so perhaps people skip over you.

And sure, the less you protest, the less anyone cares. Protesting tends to polarize the issue and draw out opinions; we know that just from watching the ongoing elections. There is no argument unless two people are arguing.

If it's not ok to assess someone as a type they hate, maybe we should make that clear in the OP. Otherwise people might get the wrong idea that any type assessment goes, as long as they can back it up.
    Decency on both ends is nice. If someone's have a hard time, as a community member I'd want to back off, since the thread is supposed to be informative, not caustic or demoralizing; if they can't deal, I don't see a point in rubbing their noses in it. However, I'd also want to watch myself and just choose to accept some people will have a different opinion of my type and just leave the discussion myself if it got too much for me. I know that can be hard, sometimes, though; I've been working at stuff like that for awhile.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    In an attempt to reconcile his perceived introversion with his dominant extroverted intuition, Jack Flak created a new system in which INTPs, his claimed type, were 'intuitive primaries', and therefore solved the problem.

Little did he know that many ENTPs can also behave quite introvertedly, and that his system, if used alongside MBTI, would only screw up the typing of all ENTPs after him...
    I understand why you may think that, as others have, but I'm not irritated because I know my type. It's not relevant to me how others type me.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Jen, just ignore them. This is a left over from personal conflict and has no bearing on your type. Everything you have describe is accurate - if it represents you, it represents your type... just as I have known several ESFJs in my life and gotten to know them very well, nothing in your attitude or posts suggests it, and your description of yourself confirms it.

You are the best judge of your type. Shrug off amateur at-a-distance online typers who you have a recent history with.
    You are typed accurately. Being a Sensor implies lack of Intuition use, which leads you to believe others aren't more perceptive.

I don't type based on vendettas. Types can explain vendettas, that is all.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Jen, just ignore them. This is a left over from personal conflict and has no bearing on your type. Everything you have describe is accurate - if it represents you, it represents your type... just as I have known several ESFJs in my life and gotten to know them very well, nothing in your attitude or posts suggests it, and your description of yourself confirms it.

She knows her self best - at bottom, it's always up to people to know what fits them best, after all the wishful thinking/hatred of types is done. That said, this thread exists for a reason, and from pretty early on, it was clear that anyone that typed her as the dreaded SJ was cast as someone who hates her.

Well, I don't, and yet I'd tend to agree with them. Call it "SJ on MBTIc only" if that is more palatable, but intuition appears out to lunch. If she is an NF it's pretty well hidden.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)