Page 130 of 686 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 6856

Thread: Mistyped TypeCentral Members

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Jen:
    The importance of sociability, at least in intent, implies Extroversion, which leaves us with ESFJ.
    Agreed.

Edit: with the reservation that Jen herself has another opinion, and I'll respect that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Her motivation, academically speaking, is similar to what I've stated. It's primarily to pass judgment based on emotional criteria working in tandem with the obvious. Picking up on intents and nuances is not a strength, so there is likely a preference for the concrete. Additionally, creating the type of social environment she prefers is very important. Very ESFJ trait (Though ISFJ to a lesser extent). Intertype dynamics are a factor here, as the INTP wants nothing to do with the "ESFJ environment." There is an almost palpaple repulsion. Slightly less so for the ISFJ environment, which is why this type is also a possibility.

However. If not xSFJ, something has gone wrong psychologically, because Intuition is functioning improperly. Hypothetically, this could explain the perverse dominance of Feeling in the psyche, to the partial exclusion of the Support function, whether it be Intution or Sensing. The Thinking function has been denied connection with a Perceiving function.
    No. I mean, I know Jen comes off as a certain way on the forums, but you're getting a pretty small slice of the whole person. She may have more of an ES persona online that a lot of other INs, but she's also a very private person, so there's a lot that you don't see here. Your data is insufficient and it is throwing off your conclusions.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    No. I mean, I know Jen comes off as a certain way on the forums, but you're getting a pretty small slice of the whole person. She may have more of an ES persona online that a lot of other INs, but she's also a very private person, so there's a lot that you don't see here. Your data is insufficient and it is throwing off your conclusions.
    You are also a Feeling Primary, however you have Intuition in support. It's obvious to me already (As an Intuition Primary with Thinking in support) that your Intuition is fully engaged, just as with every other actual INFJ I can think of. Many other things are obvious to me that won't be obvious to a Judging Primary. You assume I need a closer look to see the picture, but I have a telescope.

ESFJs can be private.

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ

*methinks the only reason the new JFTI was created was to justify even more condescension to J types*
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Her motivation, academically speaking, is similar to what I've stated. It's primarily to pass judgment based on emotional criteria working in tandem with the obvious. Picking up on intents and nuances is not a strength, so there is likely a preference for the concrete. Additionally, creating the type of social environment she prefers is very important. Very ESFJ trait (Though ISFJ to a lesser extent). Intertype dynamics are a factor here, as the INTP wants nothing to do with the "ESFJ environment." There is an almost palpaple repulsion. Slightly less so for the ISFJ environment, which is why this type is also a possibility.

However. If not xSFJ, something has gone wrong psychologically, because Intuition is functioning improperly. Hypothetically, this could explain the perverse dominance of Feeling in the psyche, to the partial exclusion of the Support function, whether it be Intution or Sensing. The Thinking function has been denied connection with a Perceiving function.
    Jack, seriously, like W-T-F??!?!?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!

Reading this post makes me want to fling poop in your general direction, preferably your face.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW JEN?!?!?

INTERACT WITH HER?!?!?

^Those are rhetorical.

Because the answer is obviously no, you neither know Jen and you hardly ever interact with her. So why the fuck are you trying to tell her who she is and why??

You are sooooooooooo quick to put people down, and it is people like this, people like you, who ironically have the *most* apparent problems.

I don't know if everyone is being nice because they feel bad for you, or if we are all just a buttload more mature than you, but most of us, and certainly myself, for the most part, have thus far kept our opinions of you to ourselves.

It is one thing for you to throw personal insults my way but if I keep on seeing you do this to other members, you can bet your ass that I will lose my cool and HAPPILY get an infraction for telling you off.

K, schnookems?

- CC

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Aren't you and Jack room mates or dating? That was brought up recently but the link wasn't clear.
    we're cellmates.

I am 39 years old most of which was spent feeling alone and unhappy prior to meeting my husband and getting away from my overbearing ISFJ mother so now instead of internalizing everything, I now often say like it is. To me that's not extroversion. Again there's more to most people than what's on the surface.
    So when you were sad you internalized everything and now that you're happier you're more outgoing.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

You are also a Feeling Primary, however you have Intuition in support. It's obvious to me already (As an Intuition Primary with Thinking in support) that your Intuition is fully engaged, just as with every other actual INFJ I can think of. Many other things are obvious to me that won't be obvious to a Judging Primary. You assume I need a closer look to see the picture, but I have a telescope.

ESFJs can be private.
    ESFJs can indeed be private. My point is, the stuff you don't see because she is private is the data you lack. I don't think you need a closer look. I think you are holding a magnifying glass over a small portion of the big picture that reinforces your preconceived ideas about someone who happens to disagree with and annoy you.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    ESFJs can indeed be private. My point is, the stuff you don't see because she is private is the data you lack. I don't think you need a closer look. I think you are holding a magnifying glass over a small portion of the big picture that reinforces your preconceived ideas about someone who happens to disagree with and annoy you.
    Yep!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

This thread brings a smile to my face. So many strong emotions flooding through posts its marvelous. It almost makes me want to try my hand at eliciting them purposefully, I won't add anything personal or specific to these discussions, but I will say it is somewhat evident reading the posts themselves.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Plumage and Moult Array proteanmix's Avatar
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Jack, seriously, like W-T-F??!?!?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!

Reading this post makes me want to fling poop in your general direction, preferably your face.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW JEN?!?!?

INTERACT WITH HER?!?!?

^Those are rhetorical.

Because the answer is obviously no, you neither know Jen and you hardly ever interact with her. So why the fuck are you trying to tell her who she is and why??

You are sooooooooooo quick to put people down, and it is people like this, people like you, who ironically have the *most* apparent problems.

I don't know if everyone is being nice because they feel bad for you, or if we are all just a buttload more mature than you, but most of us, and certainly myself, for the most part, have thus far kept our opinions of you to ourselves.

It is one thing for you to throw personal insults my way but if I keep on seeing you do this to other members, you can bet your ass that I will lose my cool and HAPPILY get an infraction for telling you off.

K, schnookems?

- CC

I like what CC said so much that I'm going to publicly agree with her.

Jack I know you think you're the bees knees, but please sit down. Please.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3