First 2474114122123124125126134174224624 Last

Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 7136

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's complicated. Introversion affects the use of Thinking. To explicitly define how, though, would mean at least occasional incorrectness. I've gone into this in the linked thread. Orangey's posts are excellent, and she's a better writer than I.

^The Thinking Primary's religion is logical processing of data.

Sensing does that, though even Sensing Primaries have powers of Intuition in "reserve."

From another thread:

This is a very ISTJ post, and I could find countless other examples. I now know why I didn't understand your motivation before, working under the assumption that you were INTP. Now I understand it. You are extremely logical, and intelligent, but much more concerned with Thinking than Intution, and much more concerned with hard data than new possibilities. Everyone uses the Intuition function, of course, but it's only a "reserve" function in the case of the ISTJ.

It is true that Intuition is of ancillary importance in the case of a dominant Thinking type, which you call the ITJ.

The difference between ISTJ (Ti-Se) and INTJ (Ti-Ne) is that in the case of the former Intuition is used to support concrete, sensorial observations. That is exactly the case in the scenario of a mechanic that I have mentioned earlier.

In the case of the INTJ, Intuition is used directly to support logical analysis. That is what I do, I do look for new possibilities and ideas (otherwise I would not be interested in theory) in order to find a way to properly analyze subjects that I am interested in.

Thus, the main difference between the ISTJ and the INTJ is that the former tends not to be much interested in abstract ideas, yet the latter is.

If an ISTJ (Ti-Se) was a philosopher or a scientist, he would not want to deal with abstractions like typology. Instead he would want to concern himself with ideas that one could study without heavy reliance on imagination. For example, he would want to rely very heavily on empirical investigation, he would want to avoid complex chains of reasoning, as they require a heavy reliance on imagination.

I rely very heavily on complex chains of reasoning.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

did someone say, new idea ?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Thus, the main difference between the ISTJ and the INTJ is that the former tends not to be much interested in abstract ideas, yet the latter is.
    Yes and no. Many ISTJs are fully interested in studying abstract concepts, theories. The more intelligent you are, the more likely this becomes, and you are obviously extremely intelligent. It is the preference for the tried and true as opposed to going out on a limb, and the preference for concrete data which leads me to type you as ISTJ.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

well that is a new idea

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Yes and no. Many ISTJs are fully interested in studying abstract concepts, theories. The more intelligent you are, the more likely this becomes, and you are obviously extremely intelligent. It is the preference for the tried and true as opposed to going out on a limb, and the preference for concrete data which leads me to type you as ISTJ.
    Our lower functions (3rd and fourth) are those that we are less comfortable with.

In order to be intelligent, you must be competent at the use of Intuition.

An intelligent ISTJ will be competent at the use of Intuition. However, it is not his natural preference. Thus, he will use his intelligence to focus on studies where he is not forced to behave in a way contrary to his natural preferences. Namely, he would study subjects that do not require a heavy reliance on Intuition.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Namely, he would study subjects that do not require a heavy reliance on Intuition.

That was your death sentence

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Our lower functions (3rd and fourth) are those that we are less comfortable with.
    True, even under my system.

In order to be intelligent, you must be competent at the use of Intuition.
    Regarding IQ, indeed. But there are types of what I would call effective intelligence which don't require much Intuition.
    An intelligent ISTJ will be competent at the use of Intuition. However, it is not his natural preference.
    Precisely, and your natural preferences are Thinking first, Sensing second, with Intuition and Feeling in reserve. If you are ISTJ, which if possible to prove, I would bet real money on at the moment.
    Thus, he will use his intelligence to focus on studies where he is not forced to behave in a way contrary to his natural preferences. Namely, he would study subjects that do not require a heavy reliance on Intuition.
    I think this is technically incorrect. The healthy mind of a person with a high IQ will naturally be interested in complex subjects.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Regarding IQ, indeed. But there are types of what I would call effective intelligence which don't require much Intuition..
    True, but irrelevant because the intelligence we have in question is the kind that you claim I have, namely the intelligence that enables one to understand complex, abstract systems.

I think this is technically incorrect. The healthy mind of a person with a high IQ will naturally be interested in complex subjects.

That is true, however, the natural preferrence for what can be observed through the senses over what is not as easily observed through the senses will be clear.

Hence, if I was an ISTJ, my preference for the empirical method over that of rationalism (heavy reliance on abstract chains of reasoning ) would be obvious.

Thus, in summary, a smart ISTJ would have a strong Intuition, therefore he would excel at all intellectual endeavors, those that prescribe an empirical method, and those that prescribe the method of rationalism, however, he clearly would prefer the former over the latter.

MBTI
    ENFJ

BlueWing is pure T.

He just doesn't have room for a perceiving function in that noggin of his.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

1:1