• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

heart

heart on fire
Sweet! When I saw my name I worried about seeing an F or a J.

But really, if you met me in real life I seem far more introverted. I'm much more fluent in wiriting than I am in speaking.

Were it to come to that, that would clinch it, being a kind of split personality I've noticed among INTPs.

I think it is an INP thing. I am much, much more fluent in writing than speaking. I am a radically different person in person. Getting on the web was the best thing to ever happen to my Ne! :D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup, he most certaintly is.

On that note, I've mistyped myself. Anyone wanna take a guess as to what I might be? :D

you don't even exist
you're like that girl inside of cheif from Halo's head
so infp, i think

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
*shudders*

He is NOT an ENFP!!!!!
Honey I know you love him, and the truth hurts, but he is what he is. It'll be okay :hug:

edit: INFP. Is that better? *crosses fingers*

PS your above reaction was so similar to Edahn's posting style! I have goosebumps! :holy:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
ENF? You're extroverted, intuitive, feeling but the last one I'm not sure.

:wubbie: Soooo close!

you don't even exist
you're like that girl inside of cheif from Halo's head
so infp, i think

Highly unlikley but nice try. I find that you resemble an INFP more than I do. :D

Edit:

CC said:
*shudders*

He is NOT an ENFP!!!!!

Breathe. He. Just. Might. Be. :ninja:

T

ThatGirl

I have not been here very long and I would say that typing people would require you to fully view life through that persons perspective while also vewing them from the worlds perspective. I have tried this and been quite sucessful in catagorizing the majority of people that I interact with. However one thing that I have found to be true is that probability and predictability is best defined through someones opinion of themself. If I believe than I am and will act accordingly. You will get a much better insight into someone if you understand what they want to aquire. So maybe someone is self proclaimed let's say NT because their perception of NTs is of intelligence and they want to be seen as smart. Whether or not they actually posess this trait they confirm NT status through their desire to be viewed as the definition.
That said I think it would be very difficult to actually type someone as they are rather than as I believe they are because everyones interpretations of each type differ. Being a P I am too open minded to create anybodys catagory for them.

But secretly my inner J has all of you figured out.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yup, he most certaintly is.

On that note, I've mistyped myself. Anyone wanna take a guess as to what I might be? :D
Hmm, definitely an Ni or Ne dom, er, I think.

Whatever your type, you're nuts and I love you!!!

:hug:

Honey I know you love him, and the truth hurts, but he is what he is. It'll be okay :hug:

edit: INFP. Is that better? *crosses fingers*
Sure, the INFPs can have him if they want.

He really doesn't seem like much of an Fi person to me, but that's just like my opinion man.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I have not been here very long and I would say that typing people would require you to fully view life through that persons perspective while also vewing them from the worlds perspective. I have tried this and been quite sucessful in catagorizing the majority of people that I interact with. However one thing that I have found to be true is that probability and predictability is best defined through someones opinion of themself. If I believe than I am and will act accordingly. You will get a much better insight into someone if you understand what they want to aquire. So maybe someone is self proclaimed let's say NT because their perception of NTs is of intelligence and they want to be seen as smart. Whether or not they actually posess this trait they confirm NT status through their desire to be viewed as the definition.
That said I think it would be very difficult to actually type someone as they are rather than as I believe they are because everyones interpretations of each type differ. Being a P I am too open minded to create anybodys catagory for them.

But secretly my inner J has all of you figured out.
Somewhat true, however it isn't possible for an NF to get away with pretending to be and NT for long. We. just. can't. help. ourselves.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Breathe. He. Just. Might. Be. :ninja:
I love you, but no.

Male ENFPs are incredibly different than female ones, so eh, whatever, I guess he could be.

But I don't think he is an extrovert, and every molecule in my body is telling me that he is *not* an ENFP.

heart

heart on fire
Edahn cannot be an ENFP or INFP in my opinion. I see no evidence of Fi. He has very pronounced Fe to my view. I think he is an NTP who is working hard to developing his Fe.

I also don't think Night is INFJ. I think he is INTJ with developing feeling. Night just "feels" more Fi than Fe. Things like his avatar choices. Everytime he gets a new avatar I am thinking "wow, great avatar!" because they speak directly to my Fi.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Male ENFPs are incredibly different than female ones, so eh, whatever, I guess he could be.

But I don't think he is an extrovert, and every molecule in my body is telling me that he is *not* an ENFP.
That's probably true. I can play an extrovert well but my husband will tell you that I'm not and he knows.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
how are you when you are angry and stressed
that is - your mannerisms ; what goes through your head

I don't know. I still manage to churn out good work but I'm a helluva lot more irritable, usually.

Then again, I'm usually pretty irritable in the first place. People tend to think I'm sick -- and the problem is, they're usually right. I get most upset when I get sick.

T

ThatGirl

Believe it or not I have actually never encountered a NF who prefers to be an NT. Quite the opposite. All my NF friends hate to get into really deep conversations or when I speak too abstractly. They are more free loving hippies than anything, or at least the ones that I have met. Oh and very very opinionated almost never openminded. Accepting yes, caring certainly, but never bending. Is that an NF trait?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know. I still manage to churn out good work but I'm a helluva lot more irritable, usually.

Then again, I'm usually pretty irritable in the first place. People tend to think I'm sick -- and the problem is, they're usually right. I get most upset when I get sick.

See what i need is more details.
Things like eating impulsively, becoming emotional....or any specifics that you can come up with

do you go certain places, yada etc

heart

heart on fire
They are more free loving hippies than anything

Can you define exactly what you mean when you say this? Because it really sort of makes my skin crawl.

Thanks.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Believe it or not I have actually never encountered a NF who prefers to be an NT. Quite the opposite. All my NF friends hate to get into really deep conversations or when I speak too abstractly. They are more free loving hippies than anything, or at least the ones that I have met. Oh and very very opinionated almost never openminded. Accepting yes, caring certainly, but never bending. Is that an NF trait?
No I am nothing like your NF friends I love deeep converasations and I can be opinionated but am always willing to look at new evidence if I think it's logical or pertinent and change my view if need be.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
All my NF friends hate to get into really deep conversations or when I speak too abstractly. They are more free loving hippies than anything, or at least the ones that I have met. Oh and very very opinionated almost never openminded. Accepting yes, caring certainly, but never bending. Is that an NF trait?
:doh:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I'm very open minded and often mentally put myself in others shoes to try and understand them better. I'm bendy too. ;P

Edahn cannot be an ENFP or INFP in my opinion. I see no evidence of Fi. He has very pronounced Fe to my view. I think he is an NTP who is working hard to developing his Fe.
maybe but i'm still leaning towards Rajah's analysis (however I do believe he is more introverted), after all she has witnessed his personality and posting style for some time now. He seems frustrated and confused which could be the reason he's difficult for some of you to type. It's also not uncommon to experience these confused feelings in your early to late 20's.

I also don't think Night is INFJ. I think he is INTJ with developing feeling.
I can see that. He is logical but also young and that does make a difference.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

I also don't think Night is INFJ. I think he is INTJ with developing feeling. Night just "feels" more Fi than Fe. Things like his avatar choices. Everytime he gets a new avatar I am thinking "wow, great avatar!" because they speak directly to my Fi.
Preach it!!!

:yes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
See what i need is more details.
Things like eating impulsively, becoming emotional....or any specifics that you can come up with

do you go certain places, yada etc

I stay in my room. I tend to stop eating for the most part. I don't really lash out at people or anything but I really stay more locked up in my room. A couple times, I was feeling pretty dead and all I had to do was eat a decent meal to perk up. Turns out what would happen is I wouldn't eat anything substantial for a couple weeks. I try to keep track of my eating patterns now.

I really don't know what happens short term. I've been told that I have a tongue like a knife, but I really don't notice.