User Tag List

First 891011122060110510 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I'd like to add that I can now see where people would believe me to be an ESFJ. My life with three children is very busy and often requires me to live in the here and now and sometimes it's so overwhelming that I shut a lot of things out. I tell myself (as does Cafe) that this will improve as they get older but right now I feel like such a spaz. New type perhaps?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I'd like to add that I can now see where people would believe me to be an ESFJ. My life with three children is very busy and often requires me to live in the here and now and sometimes it's so overwhelming that I shut a lot of things out. I tell myself (as does Cafe) that this will improve as they get older but right now I feel like such a spaz. New type perhaps?
    i can see that happening.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

I tend to take most members at face value about their type even if they don't represent the stereotype of it online. However, if you would ask me the member I had the greatest suspicion about mistyping then it would be Wolf, who really seems like an ISTJ to me. Then again that could easily just be the online persona that he projects.

Other comments I'd like to add:

1) I'd consider both Wildcat and Athenian200 to be "untypable". I don't think they fit very well into the MBTI framework. They can be whatever type they tell me they are.

2) Ivy is typable, but I have no idea what that type is.

3) BlueWing is an INTP. In fact he's almost a caricature of an INTP since he has overdeveloped Ti and underdeveloped Ne. Here is the thing about INTP's. If they spend a lot of effort on developing an idea then they will not budge. Many INTP's will seem like they are listening and humor your arguments, but internally they are still rejecting your ideas regardless of how good they are.

INTJ's are a bit different. If you catch an INTJ in an argument, then they will switch their positions and often not realize that they switched. For an INTJ friend of mine whenever we'd point out what his argument should be, he'd reply "That's what I'm saying!" We'd then counter, "No that is the exact opposite of what you are saying." INTP's on the other hand never lose sight of their argument. That is why they are sometimes called "The Architect". INTP's build these rigid elaborate mental frameworks, and then they don't want to budge if they've put a lot of energy into one. BlueWing always sticks to his original argument and never budges regardless of how good a point you make. That is why he is INTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    INTJ's are a bit different. If you catch an INTJ in an argument, then they will switch their positions and often not realize that they switched. For an INTJ friend of mine whenever we'd point out what his argument should be, he'd reply "That's what I'm saying!" We'd then counter, "No that is the exact opposite of what you are saying." INTP's on the other hand never lose sight of their argument. That is why they are sometimes called "The Architect". INTP's build these rigid elaborate mental frameworks, and then they don't want to budge if they've put a lot of energy into one. BlueWing always sticks to his original argument and never budges regardless of how good a point you make. That is why he is INTP.
    All that just to avoid being "convinced" like normal people?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

1) I'd consider Wildcat to be "untypeable". .
    I would agree with this, from the stance that singular type is probably inappropriate for him.

I think he's an exceptional blend of NTP + NFJ, and demonstrates substantial characteristics of both subtypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I read about INFP getting caught in Fi-Si loop (yes, I've actually been there!) or INTJ with Ni-Fi loop. Maybe dealing with the needs of extroverted children requires Fe-Se loop?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

It requires Lexapro.

All kidding aside I'm sure you're correct. All three of our children are extroverted and each day after school they bring home at least two other children which drives me nutso! Kids are always ringing our doorbell. As much as I hate the sound of the phone ringing, the sound of the doorbell is worse.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    BTW Athenian is totally INFJ. I feel I know her pretty well and I can say this without reservation.
    Sorry to pick on Ath some more, but I've just never seen an iNtuitive be so literal and struggle with subtext like that.

BlueWing is an INTP. In fact he's almost a caricature of an INTP since he has overdeveloped Ti and underdeveloped Ne. Here is the thing about INTP's. If they spend a lot of effort on developing an idea then they will not budge. Many INTP's will seem like they are listening and humor your arguments, but internally they are still rejecting your ideas regardless of how good they are.

Except in my dealings with INTPs (and there's been a lot over the years at INTPc) you rarely get this.

This is why MBTI theory breaks down. INTPs are supposed to have rigid internal frameworks cause of Ti. Instead they have fuzzy ones, and pathologically refuse to limit/reject alternatives. You have to hit upon a deep principle to get any good pushback.

INTJs are supposed to be all imaginative and mystical leading with Ni. Go over to INTJf and tell me that's the character of the forum, cause it is the opposite.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Except in my dealings with INTPs (and there's been a lot over the years at INTPc) you rarely get this.

This is why MBTI theory breaks down. INTPs are supposed to have rigid internal frameworks cause of Ti. Instead they have fuzzy ones, and pathologically refuse to limit/reject alternatives. You have to hit upon a deep principle to get any good pushback.

INTJs are supposed to be all imaginative and mystical leading with Ni. Go over to INTJf and tell me that's the character of the forum, cause it is the opposite.
    The fact that Ni is mystical is very misleading. And the maturity level of INTJf might have a little something to do with the character of the forum -- same with INTPc.

And there's a difference between an internal framework and an external one...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The fact that Ni is mystical is very misleading. And the maturity level of INTJf might have a little something to do with the character of the forum -- same with INTPc.

And there's a difference between an internal framework and an external one...
    The women INTJs seemingly have better Ni than the males there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)