1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
It looks still and calm, yet deadly. It reminds me of death.The simplicity of the picture makes one wonder, why is it so simple? Is there something more mysterious lurking beneath those waters? The entire setting reminds me of the house in 'Woman in Black'. It looks like it tries to lure you with its tranquility, but yet there seems to be some sort of danger behind the mist.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I am quite short tempered so I rage on the inside, but I don't let it show. I would try to figure out the cause first. If I am able to do so, I would then assign each person to do something so we can get it started again. If it fails, I would then call a tow truck and ask the driver directions to the nearest landmark, and we would then proceed to walk there if it is near enough. If it isn't, I will call a friend and give him the directions so he can pick us up.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I wouldn't mind at first as I would be able to drive instead. However, if he is the only one who has a licence in this situation, I would definitely keep an eye on him. As for my thoughts on the party, I would first wonder if it's crowded, as I hate crowds. If it is, I wouldn't go as I am quite claustrophobic.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Inward reaction : I start dissecting her sentences and finding flaws.
Outward reaction: I present these flaws with my usual sarcasm and analogies. At this point, I don't even care if she hates me after the argument as long as I win.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It would definitely interfere. For example,if someone was tearing someone else's beliefs down(provided these beliefs weren't fuelled by stupidity) I would definitely interfere and give them a piece of my mind.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
- I believe in equality, REAL equality. I can't stand it when there are biases towards women. I realise that women do face discrimination but I can't stand it when issues regarding women are blown out of proportion but those same issues regarding men are met with nonchalance. Woman gang-raped? It makes the headlines. Man raped in prison? Meh. I'm not saying the former should be taken lightly,because neither of them should be. Both should be taken seriously regardless of the subject's sex.Why does an image of a woman cowering in a corner pop up in one's mind when one mentions domestic violence, when a third of domestic violence victims are men? I can't stand the law's bias towards women(despite being a woman myself). School was one of the things that helped form this belief. Girls were told they could do anything men could, and yet, when the entire class didn't finish their homework, the boys received a hard rap on the palm with a ruler whereas the girls were just touched with it. Boys were told to help girls do the heavy lifting when we were told to clean up the class. Apparently, by doing this, they would be 'gentlemen'. The girls would then adopt these philosophies and use it as an excuse next time. These values will not change.
- I believe in the analysis of something instead of accepting it simply because the rest of society does. For example, I don't have strong views on people cheating in a relationship although I would never do it myself. If one of my friends does it, I would never do the whole "OMG HOW COULD YOU!! You have broken the sacred relationship codes, witter, drone,blabla". Instead, I would take a step back, and examine the situation and give my view on it objectively. This started early on. When my dad bought me one of those 'Did You Know' books,(I was about 3 or 4) I read about the history behind the whole Santa Claus story. Through this, I realised most kids believe something because their parents told them that it is true. No analysis was made, it was simply accepted.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I am an unemotional person and many people find me eccentric because I have a fascination with murder and serial killers. I also have a perverted sense of humour and my friends jokingly say that they wouldn't be surprised if I were a closet serial killer. I honestly wouldn't change a thing about my personality. Despite my eccentricity, I have a lot of friends as they find me interesting.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I tend to go with hunches. They are triggered when I have to make a decision(often small ones)on the spot. When I make big decisions, I don't get hunches. Instead, I tend to gather a lot of information and weigh the pros and cons.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a)I enjoy interacting with people in a large group as long as I am the main one speaking. Listening to thunderous music energises me too(e.g To The Opera from the Sherlock Holmes 2 soundtrack or Figaro by Pavarotti)
b) Window shopping with my mother x_x I don't enjoy shopping but I am into fashion and I always want to look my best(I'm a 3w4). However, I always shop with a goal. For example, today I am going to the mall to get a leather jacket, a boucle jacket, and a pair of jeans, so I will only look for those. If something catches my eye, I may look at it, but I will still stick to the plan. My mother on the other hand, will wonder from shop to shop, sometimes without buying anything, and this irritates the hell out of me.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I am a short tempered person but I don't lose my temper in public because I don't want to create a scene. Sometimes when someone is telling a lie, I don't call them out on their bullshit, but I let them continue, as long as it is amusing. Then when they attempt to do it again the next time, I can use the loopholes against them and embarrass that particular person. So while my head is saying "bullshit", I just smirk and let them continue because it is entertaining.
When I first came across MBTI, I tested as an INTJ, then ENTP and ENTJ. I am leaning towards ENTJ now but I am unsure.