• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type?

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/accordionwrench/14139091665/in/explore-2014-05-08

It looks still and calm, yet deadly. It reminds me of death.The simplicity of the picture makes one wonder, why is it so simple? Is there something more mysterious lurking beneath those waters? The entire setting reminds me of the house in 'Woman in Black'. It looks like it tries to lure you with its tranquility, but yet there seems to be some sort of danger behind the mist.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I am quite short tempered so I rage on the inside, but I don't let it show. I would try to figure out the cause first. If I am able to do so, I would then assign each person to do something so we can get it started again. If it fails, I would then call a tow truck and ask the driver directions to the nearest landmark, and we would then proceed to walk there if it is near enough. If it isn't, I will call a friend and give him the directions so he can pick us up.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I wouldn't mind at first as I would be able to drive instead. However, if he is the only one who has a licence in this situation, I would definitely keep an eye on him. As for my thoughts on the party, I would first wonder if it's crowded, as I hate crowds. If it is, I wouldn't go as I am quite claustrophobic.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward reaction : I start dissecting her sentences and finding flaws.
Outward reaction: I present these flaws with my usual sarcasm and analogies. At this point, I don't even care if she hates me after the argument as long as I win.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

It would definitely interfere. For example,if someone was tearing someone else's beliefs down(provided these beliefs weren't fuelled by stupidity) I would definitely interfere and give them a piece of my mind.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

- I believe in equality, REAL equality. I can't stand it when there are biases towards women. I realise that women do face discrimination but I can't stand it when issues regarding women are blown out of proportion but those same issues regarding men are met with nonchalance. Woman gang-raped? It makes the headlines. Man raped in prison? Meh. I'm not saying the former should be taken lightly,because neither of them should be. Both should be taken seriously regardless of the subject's sex.Why does an image of a woman cowering in a corner pop up in one's mind when one mentions domestic violence, when a third of domestic violence victims are men? I can't stand the law's bias towards women(despite being a woman myself). School was one of the things that helped form this belief. Girls were told they could do anything men could, and yet, when the entire class didn't finish their homework, the boys received a hard rap on the palm with a ruler whereas the girls were just touched with it. Boys were told to help girls do the heavy lifting when we were told to clean up the class. Apparently, by doing this, they would be 'gentlemen'. The girls would then adopt these philosophies and use it as an excuse next time. These values will not change.

- I believe in the analysis of something instead of accepting it simply because the rest of society does. For example, I don't have strong views on people cheating in a relationship although I would never do it myself. If one of my friends does it, I would never do the whole "OMG HOW COULD YOU!! You have broken the sacred relationship codes, witter, drone,blabla". Instead, I would take a step back, and examine the situation and give my view on it objectively. This started early on. When my dad bought me one of those 'Did You Know' books,(I was about 3 or 4) I read about the history behind the whole Santa Claus story. Through this, I realised most kids believe something because their parents told them that it is true. No analysis was made, it was simply accepted.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I am an unemotional person and many people find me eccentric because I have a fascination with murder and serial killers. I also have a perverted sense of humour and my friends jokingly say that they wouldn't be surprised if I were a closet serial killer. I honestly wouldn't change a thing about my personality. Despite my eccentricity, I have a lot of friends as they find me interesting.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I tend to go with hunches. They are triggered when I have to make a decision(often small ones)on the spot. When I make big decisions, I don't get hunches. Instead, I tend to gather a lot of information and weigh the pros and cons.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a)I enjoy interacting with people in a large group as long as I am the main one speaking. Listening to thunderous music energises me too(e.g To The Opera from the Sherlock Holmes 2 soundtrack or Figaro by Pavarotti)

b) Window shopping with my mother x_x I don't enjoy shopping but I am into fashion and I always want to look my best(I'm a 3w4). However, I always shop with a goal. For example, today I am going to the mall to get a leather jacket, a boucle jacket, and a pair of jeans, so I will only look for those. If something catches my eye, I may look at it, but I will still stick to the plan. My mother on the other hand, will wonder from shop to shop, sometimes without buying anything, and this irritates the hell out of me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I am a short tempered person but I don't lose my temper in public because I don't want to create a scene. Sometimes when someone is telling a lie, I don't call them out on their bullshit, but I let them continue, as long as it is amusing. Then when they attempt to do it again the next time, I can use the loopholes against them and embarrass that particular person. So while my head is saying "bullshit", I just smirk and let them continue because it is entertaining.

When I first came across MBTI, I tested as an INTJ, then ENTP and ENTJ. I am leaning towards ENTJ now but I am unsure.

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
I don't understand why did you explain yourself with this 10 questions, unsure it tells enough to give you a good answer, but here it goes, my analysis:

Instead, I would take a step back, and examine the situation and give my view on it objectively.
I am an unemotional person

Pretty clear you're T.

I would first wonder if it's crowded, as I hate crowds. If it is, I wouldn't go as I am quite claustrophobic.
I enjoy interacting with people in a large group as long as I am the main one speaking.

This all is really tricky to decide if you're I or E. I don't know if first thing that suggests I is ruled out cause of fear, but still. Second is still not clear E. Just cause you're introvert doesn't mean you cannot speak well in front of others. I am going more on I, cause you seem to be all about yourself, you don't give me a vibe of person that connects with others as E. All you wrote seems to be insight of inside of you, that you wouldn't really share with anyone except closed people, Internet is different than RL. Maybe you just opened up more so you think you might be E, but what makes you E or I is more of instinct reaction. E person that doesn't care about others at all would talk about themselves a lot to others. You seem more inside of you.

I tend to go with hunches. They are triggered when I have to make a decision(often small ones)on the spot. When I make big decisions, I don't get hunches. Instead, I tend to gather a lot of information and weigh the pros and cons.

I can relate to this a lot. It seems N and then N combined with T or even J.

In J vs P dilemma I would say J cause you seem very structured. You might have gotten P, but for e.g. I am having healthy P - I can be spontaneous and improvise, but only in certain lengths, and where I feel comfortable. I mostly don't want my options too open, and I am always leaning to some borders.

I am ENTJ and have a sister INTJ and you more remaind me of her. My conclusion is INTJ

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
Thank you for replying. What are some ways to distinguish introversion from extroversion?

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
lol I'm very sure that I'm not an ENFJ. Fi and Fe are my most underdeveloped functions, so I don't think I'm an Fe-dom.

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
Score for the first test :

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 22%
Type 2 Helpfulness || 10%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||| 26%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

type score type behavior motivation
3 22 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
4 17 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 14 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 14 I must be strong and in control to survive.
6 12 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 11 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
7 6 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
1 5 I must be perfect and good to survive.
2 2 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 3
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is average

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking). For info on the flaws of the Enneagram system click here.

Second test:

Test Results

Your Sociotype: LIE-1Te (ENTj)

Brief Description of the LIE

Using extroverted thinking as his base function and introverted intuition as his creative, the LIE has an amazing ability at not only predicting future trends, but also understanding what is necessary to make these future trends profitable. The LIE has an innate understanding of the most valuable use of capital and labor, and has the energy and drive to align these tools to achieving his goals. The LIE easily assesses the validity and usefulness of any information he happens to run across. Like the EIE, the LIE has great leadership potential, but unlike the EIE, the LIE is less concerned with the effects of his decisions on people's relationships or emotions, and more concerned with the impersonal results. At his best, the LIE is a visionary leader who understands the the big picture as well as the risks and rewards of every decision. At his worst, the LIE can become so focused on the future and the bottom line that he loses touch with the present and his personal relationships. Additionally, the LIE can be so focused on achieving his external goals that he forgets to take care of his own personal needs. Learn more about the LIE here!

Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 87% as likely as LIE.
ILE (ENTp): 76% as likely as LIE.
LII (INTj): 72% as likely as LIE.

yeghor

Thanks accu... The thing is enneagram 2-3-4 are defined as the "heart" fix... (I believe) they are related to the F function specifically... So you score so high on 3 and 4, which must mean that you are some kind of a Fe or Fi-dom type in MBTI, i.e., ExFJ or IxFP...

If you can't see yourself high in "F" function, then another possibility is that there's something off in your enneagram results...

Jinn

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think you are more E. You like crowd as long you have some control over them.
I have a few questions?
How you spend your free time? How often you hang out with friends?

:D he's not F. Not a chance. He analyse his emotions and actions.

My mother on the other hand, will wonder from shop to shop, sometimes without buying anything, and this irritates the hell out of me.
I have this same with my mother. Personal hell...

You a very NTJ.
I bet on ENTJ.

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
I enjoy watching films, frequenting sites like IMDb(I'm a huge movie buff) and playing the piano. I also enjoy reading about subjects of interest online(history or psychology for example). I rarely hang out with my friends because I'm lazy and they usually hang out at malls which are quite far away from my housing area, and my mother is terrible at roads so she refuses to send me( I haven't taken my licence yet). I don't like asking friends for a lift because it feels like I'm freeloading.

á´…eparted

passages
Thanks accu... The thing is enneagram 2-3-4 are defined as the "heart" fix... (I believe) they are related to the F function specifically... So you score so high on 3 and 4, which must mean that you are some kind of a Fe or Fi-dom type in MBTI, i.e., ExFJ or IxFP...

If you can't see yourself high in "F" function, then another possibility is that there's something off in your enneagram results...

No. That's not how it works. There are PLENTY of individuals who are 2, 3 or 4 that are T types. As I said, enneagram does not preclude certain MBTI types.

What's likely the case, is that both metrics are sound. They are independent.

Further, based on what he's described so far there is WAY more evidence to suggest T, and it's fairly clear that it is Te. I see ENTJ as the best fit at this point.

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
Thank you for replying. What are some ways to distinguish introversion from extroversion?

I think in my personal opinion extroversion needs people; craves people to engage with them in any way; opens up easily to others. Is genuinely excited by people.
Introversion would be more fearful, or reserved or distant when with people. Harder to open up.
When I say people I mean more of groups than close friends you individually connect to.

EDIT:
E - more aware of surroundings and others, less of themselves
I - more aware of themselves, less aware of surroundings and others

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
Ahhh, I see. Well, when I'm having a one on one conversation with stranger, it's harder for me to open up and I'm more distant but when I'm in a group I find it easier to open up. When I'm on my own, I find it difficult to approach strangers. If I am with my friends however, I find this quite easy. I'm always one of the first people to make friends with the new kid in class. As for opening up, when it comes to personal problems, I never tell anyone(not even my close friends). When it comes to other things however, I am a very open person. I can easily tell things about myself to people whom I've just met.

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
I'm quite detached from my surroundings. That's why sometimes I don't hear people calling my name, etc because I'm living in my own world. Could this be due to weak Se?

yeghor

I'm quite detached from my surroundings. That's why sometimes I don't hear people calling my name, etc because I'm living in my own world. Could this be due to weak Se?

What makes you feel "high"? Gives you an ego-boost?

Any movie, book or anime characters that you identify with?

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
Ahhh, I see. Well, when I'm having a one on one conversation with stranger, it's harder for me to open up and I'm more distant but when I'm in a group I find it easier to open up. When I'm on my own, I find it difficult to approach strangers. If I am with my friends however, I find this quite easy. I'm always one of the first people to make friends with the new kid in class. As for opening up, when it comes to personal problems, I never tell anyone(not even my close friends). When it comes to other things however, I am a very open person. I can easily tell things about myself to people whom I've just met.

yeah, you seem to be close to E and I. I have pretty high E, but close F and T so I know that is hard to decide.

Do you feel need for other people in general and it is hard to be alone or do you prefer interacting with less people (smaller group of friends) and are fine with being alone? (consider only friends here, not love relationships)

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram does not lead to a specefic MBTI type, and visa versa.

And physical apperence has nothing to do with type either.

:hifive: I can't deal with this shit either.

No. That's not how it works. There are PLENTY of individuals who are 2, 3 or 4 that are T types. As I said, enneagram does not preclude certain MBTI types.

What's likely the case, is that both metrics are sound. They are independent.

Further, based on what he's described so far there is WAY more evidence to suggest T, and it's fairly clear that it is Te. I see ENTJ as the best fit at this point.

Yes to all of it.

I'm an INTJ type 3 and the only other types I could honestly mistype are 2 and 4, I'm a clear Heart type and a very strong T.

Definitely agree on the ENTJ guess. Te is the one function that jumps out of your posts.