• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Me Type My Confusing Wife!

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No clue why people even suggested ESFP and ISTP.
There is no way that anyone that gives an ambivert vibe is either of these two types

Are you trying to say ISTPs are all *very* introverted? Why?

I've heard someone describe ESFPs as a bit quiet. Heh.

Anyway yeah rereading some stuff, Mal's wife sounds more F-ish than at first glance.

I'll guess ESFP for now unless there's more describing of her Fi later...

I'm interested because she sounds pretty much like someone else I know.

Fluorescent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
HOT
Are you trying to say ISTPs are all *very* introverted? Why?

I've heard someone describe ESFPs as a bit quiet. Heh.

Anyway yeah rereading some stuff, Mal's wife sounds more F-ish than at first glance.

I'll guess ESFP for now unless there's more describing of her Fi later...

I'm interested because she sounds pretty much like someone else I know.
She's definitely an engaging one, I'll still stick to my guns.

I don't think that ISTPs are the most introverted of introverts, they aren't nowhere near INXPs.
But while many are quite outgoing and enjoy a good party, they still give me a cool and dry vibe. Their way of talking and interacting is straight to the point and no nonsense (love how direct your sentences are) and most of the time, they have those unreadable edges giving them a somehow cerebral vibe.

Plus they seem quite content being loners, they don't mind socializing and making friends but they aren't exactly dying to.
ISTPs can be outgoing, full of bravado and daredevils but I've noticed they seem to bring out this side only after studying a person for a while, they aren't exactly the kind of people that always need something to do, if anything slowing down before a big leap is very typical of them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP 6w7, would bet on it.

No clue why people even suggested ESFP and ISTP.
There is no way that anyone that gives an ambivert vibe is either of these two types, connecting tomboy to ISTP is selling stereotypes 101 and ESFP are the quintessential extrovert, not even a good binge on Xanax could change them so much, even after settling down. Probably writing cliches 101 here but think about it.

ISFP come in two different flavours, the brooding, artsy, humanitarian emo and the outgoing, physical, rebellious buddy. ESTP could work but this quote-> "In the positive sense, my wife has a very sweet, loving character, but she can use the sweetness to get her own way. I prefer that over those who try to use vinegar instead of honey to attract the "flies." just screams ISFP to me and 6w7 could be easily seen as outgoing, party people. They just need to recharge.
She seems pretty avoidant of conflict, being consistent in her inconsistency and letting her kids off the hook. Plus the way she dealt with her family screams Fi and not Fe to me, she didn't try to emulate her sister to get some praise and her way to confront her parents was to work hard to prove them wrong while still being her rebellious self. If that ain't a passive aggressive Fi middle finger, nothing is.
Many ISFPs are quite the feisty tomboy, they are pretty damn grounded and earthy in their freedom seeking ways.

Those were my two cents, your wife sounds rad.

Thanks. I had originally thought 6w7 for her etype, but finally decided on 9w8 with 6w7 in the tritype. She can also be a 2w1-ish martyr. ISFP fits well with the 'rebellious buddy.' That is actually a Riso 6w7 description.

As for the ISFP's tertiary which is Ni, I think in my wife's case it appears in a desire to be different, to avoid conformity, to avoid the 'in' crowd although she could fit right in if she wanted to.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think that ISTPs are the most introverted of introverts, they aren't nowhere near INXPs.
But while many are quite outgoing and enjoy a good party, they still give me a cool and dry vibe. Their way of talking and interacting is straight to the point and no nonsense (love how direct your sentences are) and most of the time, they have those unreadable edges giving them a somehow cerebral vibe.

Plus they seem quite content being loners, they don't mind socializing and making friends but they aren't exactly dying to.
ISTPs can be outgoing, full of bravado and daredevils but I've noticed they seem to bring out this side only after studying a person for a while, they aren't exactly the kind of people that always need something to do, if anything slowing down before a big leap is very typical of them.

Gotcha :p I like your summary of ISTP's.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP

6w7, possibly 9w8

sx/so

Torn between family care and adventure... spontaneous... compassionate... rebellious but soft-hearted... little bit of a pleasure-chaser... independent... more instinctual in behavior... seems fairly sensory focused... Fi seems more like SFP than NFP, more pure evaluation than idealization...

That's true, she tells it like she sees it, without any white-washing or idealizing.